- Chocolate Fudge Cake specially baked for my niece's lunar calendar birthday and here's da recipe by Amy Beh:-
- 180g Butter
- 180g Sugar (i'd used 100g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Large Eggs (i was short of large eggs so i'd used 3 eggs)
- 210gm Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder (i'd used 25g cocoa powder with 2 tsp of chocolate emulco)
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 175ml Milk (i'd used low-fat milk)
- 150g Butter (found out that i'd finished up all da butter so i replaced it with margarine)
- 120g Icing Sugar
- 30g Cocoa Powder (i'd used 2 tsp chocolate emulco)
- 60g Dark Chocolate (melted)
- 1 tbsp Warm Milk (i'd used low-fat milk)
- Preheat oven to 180 degC
- Grease and line base of a 25cm square cake pan
- Cream butter and sugar until blended. Stir in vanilla essence. Beat in da eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat mixture for approximately one minute until smooth. Spread onto prepared tin
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to stand for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack, peel off paper. Leave to cool.
- Cover cake with Chocolate Frosting
- To make frosting, beat butter until smooth and creamy, then gradually add sifted icing sugar and cocoa powder. Combine melted chocolate and milk, cool throughly, then beat into butter cream mixture
Da chocolate cake batter...yeah, it's ready to be baked!
Hohohoho....da chocolate cake inside da oven is raising...:D
Let it stand for 10 minutes....
There after..........top da cake with Chocolate Frosting......
I am really glad to know that my niece love this cake so much.....applause! Hahahaha...