Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dragon Boat Festival (Duan Wu Jie)

Today is da Dragon Boat Festival (Duan Wu Jie). Apparently, Duan Wu Jie falls on da 5th day of the 5th lunar month in Chinese Calendar and it's also well known as Rice Dumplings Festival as chinese make lotsa dumplings either to eat it or sell it. As usual, my mom will be very busy on this day. Da moment I woke up this morning, she was already rushing to da market to buy fresh vegetables and meats to be cooked for tonight's dinner. There after she came back from da market, it's time for prayers. Phew... definitely not easy to be a mom!

There will be no home-made rice dumplings this year. First of all, mom and I've got no idea how to make one. Secondly, I am lazy to learn and have got no time to actually explore da step-by-step of how to make a rice dumpling. Thirdly, darling's mom is not around as she's away in Melbourne to visit Sharon (darling's sista). Supposedly, if darling's mom is around, I am sure there will be home-made rice dumplings for us as darling's mom is good in it! Ahhh, perhaps I should have learn it last year. Nevermind, lets see if darling's mom will be free next year around this time and I shall ask her to teach me then.....;)

Here I am to wish everyone a Happy Duan Wu Jie!

No comments: