Monday, May 29, 2006

Victoria Station (Da House of Fine Steak)

Last weekend was rather a quiet weekend as my da other half was very busy with his works. Although he was very busy and worked till late, he never failed to drop by at my place, brought me out for dinner and to catch a movie as well. He's such a kind, loving and caring man. Thank you, darling! As for yesterday, darling suggested to dine in Victoria Station. I remember that my dad used to bring our family to da one located at Damansara when my sista and I were still a kid. Ever since doctor recommended him to cut down on certain food which he can't consume, he no longer bring us around for western food and he prefer to eat at home. Anyway, it's not that bad as mom cooks good food! Mom's cooking always da best and once in a blue moon or during certain special ocassion, dad will still suggest to eat-out and since we've now grown up, instead of he bring us out, we will be da one bringing him around to try good food :)

Back to yesterday's dinner, my da other half brought me to da USJ branch. It was my first time to da USJ's Victoria Station and if I were to compare with da one at Damansara, of course, Damansara branch will be much better in terms of food and ambience wise. My da other half complaint that his main course was served cold instead of hot and I was quite disturbed by a guy who apparently sat behind us. He talked too loud and he talked non-stop! I bet I wasn't da only one being disturbed as I saw others kept on looking at him hoping that he can lower down his voice volume but he didn't! Anyway, lets check out what we'd ordered...



We had da Seafood Chowder Manhattan as our entree and it's priced at RM 8.90. I am not too sure if da price is reasonable but I think that da one that serves in San Fransisco Steakhouse definitely taste better and I truly miss it much...



As for da maincourse, darling had da Surf & Turf Delight and it's priced at RM 52.90. It's actually a combination of Steak and Lobster that comes along with a Baked Potato, Corn, Broccolis, Carrots and a Grilled Tomato. Darling didn't say much on his portion but he was quite disappointed as a matter of fact that da food was quite cold....



I had da Seafood Au Gratin; a mixture of Seafoods that bake with Cheese & Eggs, Baked Potato and Salad which is only priced at RM 17.90. Not bad though as da baked seafoods were cheesy and yummy while da salad were fresh and cold plus it's not pricey at all.

Next, it's time for Dessert...;)



It was a moment of silent when there were a few waiters came to our table with da Bombe Alaska. Darling and I were quite shocked too as we didn't expect that our dessert turned out to be such a big portion. One of them hold da Bombe Alaska while another waiter splash rum on it and there after, another one put fire on it! Phew.....



A minute later, our Bomb Alaska was then divided into two; one for me and one for my da other half. We were actually still in shocking mode during our first few bites and da most hillarious part was when my da other half said he felt like he was eating 'air'! Actually da 'air' that he refers to were da meringues which supposed to act as a topping that meant to covered da swiss roll and ice-creams. We found out that da Bomb Alaska must be eaten along with da ice-creams and fruit cocktails or else, it taste real bad! Priced at RM 15.90, I suggest you not to try it if you are curious what's a Bomb Alaska as it's not worth at all. However, for fun sake, you may want to try it out.....:p



We end our meals with a glass of French Coffee which's priced at RM 12.90. Warning, warning! It's one of a alcoholic drinks and it's not suitable for childrens :)


I guess there it will take us some time for us to re-visit Victoria Station again and I will never ever order da Bombe Alaska anymore :p

No comments: