Friday, June 09, 2006

Dinner @ Pho Hoa, Da Curve & Movie @ Cathay Cineplex, Cineleisure

Hohoho... I was extremely happy yesterday as my da other half have finally completed his outstation works plus it has been 3 days I've not seen him since last Sunday. As usual, once he's back from outstation works, he will pamper me with food and bring me around to try new eateries. Since we'd decided to watch Omen at Cathay Cineplex Cineleisure which is next to Curve, hence, darling suggested to dine at eateries at Curve that we've yet to try out. Initially, I asked darling to park our car at Curve but somehow he afraid that da main entrance at Cineleisure whereby one can walk in and out from Curve will be closed as our movie will end quite late. My da other half said he wouldn't want to take da risk to park at Curve and therefore, our car ended up at da Cineleisure basement parking. While looking for parking, I saw this....



Hahahaha.... da available parking lot near da entrance is strictly for female drivers only! Top security for da females after late night show huh? My da other half and I were laughing all da way after seeing it. Actually, it's a good move by da authorities for da females' safety. After all, some of da parking lots are still under construction...


After we parked our car, we walked in to Cineleisure for da very first time and surprisingly da only tenant operating at this moment is da Cathay Cineplex. I guess it will take some time for other tenants to operate as all da shop lots are still under construction. Hmmm... bad bad! Cathay Cineplex is located at da top floor and when I stepped in, I found myself as if I was in a theme park as da decorations and da designs of da cineplex are so colorful! I find it rather amusing ekekekeke... We then walked to da ticket counters to collect our tickets that I'd already pre-book earlier through da available manually phone booking system. Somehow, I thought of to reserve tickets through its website but looks like it's not fully ready to be browsed. Fyi, da price of ticket is RM 9 per pax/per show. However darling and I paid RM 19 for two tickets as we wanted da Couple Seats. Done with da tickets and it's time for dinner....

We walked around Curve and in da end, Pho Hoa Restaurant is da chosen one. Apparently Pho Hoa Restaurant, which was started in 2001, belongs to one of the largest Vietnamese Noodles restaurant chains in the world with locations across north America as well as in five other Asian countries and of course Malaysia is one of them. As far as I concern, Pho means "noodles" and Hoa means "harmony" in Vietnamese. After looking at da menu, we then ordered:-



Salty Plum Soda (Soda Xi Muoi) for me. Apparently it was said that this's one of da famous Vietnamese Drinks. Priced at RM 4.95, not bad though as it was my first time having a salty drink! Trust me, I wouldn't want to have a second salty drink anymore.. just feel so akward! :p



I guess darling wanted to order da Blended Fresh Avocado Juice earlier but we were told that da Avocado were not riped, therefore, darling had da Blended Fresh Watermelon Juice (Sinh To Dua Hau) instead and it's priced at RM 4.70.



Goi Cuon as one of our appetizers. It's actually a Summer Roll with Shrimps, Chicken Salad and Vermicelli wrapped in it. Priced at RM 3.50, not bad though and it's best eaten along with da sauce...



And then, we had da Cha Trung Hap Vietnamese Egg Cakes; a homemade sytle steamed chicken and egg pie. Priced at RM 3.95, this's definitely one highly recommended appetizer as it taste real good! It was served hot and if I am not mistaken, I remember that I had a similar one at La Bodega quite some time back and da one I had last night was so much better than da one at La Bodega...;)



Darling's Pho-Noodles (Poh Chin, Bo Vien) ; Noodles with tender, lean cut of Beefs and with Meat Balls as well. Da regular version is priced at RM 10.95 while da large portion is priced at RM 12.50. Darling mentioned that da noodles were not up to standard and he feels that it's some kind of a reject-noodles.....



As for myself, I don't take beef, hence, I had da Vermicelli Bowls (Bun Tong Ga Nuong); Dried Noodles with Veggies, Prawn and Grilled Chicken which is priced at RM 11.95. I guess darling was right about da noodles. I don't quite like da texture of da noodles too. Except for da noodles, da rest were okay...

This time, we didn't order any Dessert as I wanted to try da Pop-Corns at da new Cathay Cineplex ;) Once done with da dinner, we went to Borders for books. Unfortunately, there were not really enough time for me to decide which books I wanted to buy and it was about time to walk back to da Cathay Cineplex for Omen! Actually, there's nothing to shout about over this new cinema as I still prefers GSC 1Utama. Perhaps, I am just so used to watching movie at GSC 1Utama and can't really adapt to da new environment? Maybe....

We went to da Cinesnax; that's da counter to buy Pop-Corns and Snacks :) There are a few lcd screens over there displaying da food that they are selling. High-tech huh? Unfortunately, I find it rather annoyed as a matter of fact that da display of da food items keep changing and it was changed superbly fast! I think they should display it longer in order for us to be able to decide what we wanted. We wanted to buy da Lovers Combo Pop-Corn Set thinking that there will be one regular/large pop-corns with 2 drinks. However, we found out that da Lovers Combo Set was somehow different from da one we normally have it at GSC or TGV. Da set comes with a regular pop-corn and a regular drink instead of 2 drinks. So, what's da point of buying a Lovers Combo Set? I think they should re-name it to Single Combo Pop-Corn Set! Anyway, we were told that if we wanted 2 drinks, we can opt for da Family Combo Pop-Corn Set. A Family Combo Set and it's priced at RM 8.90? Oh boy, that's more expensive than da one at GSC and TGV! Plus, I was rather disapppointed that I couldn't have my favourite drink; Coke! One can only choose Pepsi, Mirinda Orange, 100Plus and 7-up. Pathetic!!!!!!!....

We went in Cinema 8 and I found myself as if I was in da biggest Cinema in GSC Summit. Da seatings are quite similar with da one in GSC Summit. As I mentioned earlier, we bought da couple seats and looks like da seats are just slightly spacious than da normal seats. Da screen definitely too small for such a big cinema. No good!

Cathay Cinema not that great after all.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo!!!
hmmm different ppl got diff taste.

This place the beef brisket is nice. noodles... hmmm ok ok oni lar...
But they haf this coffee avocado thingy... Highly rekomended by frens mom. She goes there n haf it every weekend. Look for Dennis....

Pam

Meiyen said...

pam, coffee avocado? sounds interesting!!! hmmm thanks for da tip, will try it out then.. ;)

Anonymous said...

the drink is not on the menu.. I went once wif that aunty, but didn't try because i wud be full after the lunch.
Will check it out one of these days....


Pam