Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day Celebration @ Biba's Cafe, Mandarin Oriental Hotel


To My Dearest Daddy,
From da time when you took da first step to every steps of da way,
You've raised me up and never let me down,
You set limits but also gave me wings to fly,
You gave me goals and showed me da way,
25 years have passed by,
Now I realise that I am really lucky!
Today I want to Thank you for all da times I've taken you for granted,
For being patience and forgiving when it wasn't so easy at all,
For being there like a lighthouse shining its beacon,
For your wisdom, strength and laughter,
And for loving me unconditionally
Thanks Dad for always being there,
I am so glad that you are my DAD!



With Warm Thoughts and Happy Wishes for a Special Dad of Ours on Father's Day!


As all of us know, dad is our first hero and he's definitely a very special man who's also our friend, philosopher and guide. In conjunction with Father's Day on da 18th of June 2006, to celebrate this special day with our beloved daddy, I'd decided to bring daddy to try out da Lunch Buffet @ Biba's Cafe, Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Priced at RM 72++ per pax, it was my first time to try out their Lunch Buffet. For comments, check out da below photos...




Table-Serve Bread including Lavosh, Pita and Foccacia. Yum yum....




They served yummylicious Appetizers in da Buffet line-up. Here's a plate consisting Pastrami (Beef) Asparagus Rolls, Thai Salad with Ground Beef and Glass Noodles and Seared Tuna 'Escabeche' which belongs to my other half..





No doubt, this's my very 1st plate with Oysters, Green Lip Mussels, Shrimp Ceviche, Smoked Salmon and Sashimi. Absoulutely delicious....




Dim-Sums for Dad and Mom while Pre-poached Eggs serve with Garnishes and Gravad Lax for myself. Da Pre-poached Eggs definitely my favourite! Yummylicious....




Then, we had da Chicken and Zucchini Yakitori, Smoked Veal Sausages, Bbq Squid Steak and Olive Oil Baked Salmon with Fennel and Lemon Confit. Da Yakitori was good though.....




Whoaa.. didn't know that my da other half had da Lamb Kofta with yummylicious Pasta. I guess I was pretty much busy exploring da place than to eat at that time.. :p




Hehehehe.. another plate of mine with Chicken Liver Pate, Vietnamese Lobster Rolls with Mango, Baked Potato, Bibb Lettuce, Chinese Wok Fried Prawn and Crab Cake with Roasted Corn Succotash. I must say that da Chicken Liver Pate was absolutely good!




Done with da Hot and Cold Items, I carried on with my all time favourites, Dessert!!!!;)


Oo lah lah... look at da Dessert Bar!




Amazingly, da Spanner is made of Chocolates! It's learnt that this special display item can be seen only on Father's Day...




I had da yummylicious Truffles, Tiramisu, Chocolate Tart and Creamy Chocolate Mousse. It's just too good to be true...




There after, Pistachio Biscoitti, Pandan Berry Cheese Cake and Raspberry Mousse. I just can't get enough of da Biscoitti as it was really good! Believe it or not, I'd lost count on how many pieces I'd taken... :p




Another round with a Dark Chocolate Cake, Mini Chocolate Doughnut and a piece of Chocolate Chips Cookie..




Muahahaha.. we then moved on with Ice-Cream. Sista took da Chocolate Chips and Pistachio Flavour topped with Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Flakes. Believe me, da dessert bar is like a Chocolate Heaven for us!




As for myself, I had da Butterscoth and Cherry Sorbet Flavour with Rasberries and Blueberries Topping. Good good...





I guess I had too much of Food and Chocolates till I find my stomach bloated. Having a cup of Coffee to end our meal definitely helped to digest and trust me, I feel so much better having 3 cups of it ;)




...Da Happy Family at Biba's Cafe, celebrating Father's Day...




...Our Dearest Daddy, Our Hero...




...Me with My Precious Mommy...




...Dad's Little Devils...




...Me and My Darling...




...Dad and Mom laughing happily with da Spanners made of Chocolates..




Complimentary of da unique Spanner-look-alike Chocolate from Mandarin Oriental Hotel for all da Dads. Amazingly, my other half was given one too.. Hmmm looks like he has got da look capable to be a Dad ekekekekeke....

Overall, good services and friendly attendants. Very good ambience but da buffet line-up was a little bit disappointing if I were to compare with da one at Lemon Garden, Shangri-La Hotel. Anyway, it wasn't da food that counts. It was da laughters and enjoyable moment that our family shared along all this while... Once again, a very Happy Father's Day to our beloved Daddy and to all da Dads around da world... ;)

4 comments:

LayfuN said...

happy father's day to uncle and also ur darling bob!!

its really happy to read on ur blog to see all the nice foods and most of all.. the happy moment of u and ur other half... im so happy to see u living a great life now and i sincerely wish u to lead this happy great life ahead.. cheerz!!!

Meiyen said...

thanks for your wishes my dear friend....but then again, happy father's day to bob? :o :o wey wey... he's not a daddy yet... :p

jessiewoo said...

well he did receive a complimentary gift right da "spanner choc" ... so is consider a DAD also lor ... haha

LayfuN said...

haha!! ya right!! thats y i wished him as well mah.. muahahaahaha!!!