Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hearty Meal @ Fasta Pasta, Ikano Power Centre


Counting down da days, looks like it has been more than a year since da last time me and my other half had a hearty meal at Fasta Pasta, Ikano Power Centre. Apparently, it's learnt that Fasta Pasta has over 36 restaurants in Australia, spanning Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and 2 years ago, they have then expanded internationally into Malaysia. At Fasta Pasta, it's known that da pasta is low in fat, low in kilojoules and it has a good source of fibre. Besides that, I was told that they use Unbleached Flour; free of chemical and use Wheat Pasta because it has a slow release of carbohydrate into our body and give us a longer-lasting energy. Hmmm... I am still wondering how true it's and is that mean eating pasta at Fasta Pasta can actually shed a few pounds? :p EKekekekekeke.... Oh for your information, Fasta Pasta, from the Italian words Fa Sta Pasta means "make this pasta".


Oo lah lah.... look at da variety of pasta to tantalise the palate. Unique! From the popular Spaghetti, Fettucine and Maccheroni to the gourmet Gnocchi, Rotelle, Papardelle, Conchiglie (delicate shell-shaped pasta) and Ravioli, diners are spoilt for choice!





Complimentary 2 pcs of Bread when you dine-in and da best thing is, you can ask for more if it's not enough for you....




As for drinks, darling and I ordered da Lorina French Lemonade which is priced at RM 15.25 for 750ml. For your information, Lorina has been a favourite in France for decades and I definitely like its tart, light and refreshing sparkling drinks!




As darling was craving for soup, hence we'd decided to order da Mushroom Soup. Da soup, priced at RM 8.90 for a large version, definitely my favourite! Yum yum....




As for pasta selections, my other half opt for da Rotelle Alla Italiana which is priced at RM 21.90 and surprisingly it's stated in da menu as Best Seller Pasta! It has a tasty mix of Sun Dried Tomatoes, Sun Dried Capsicums, Marinated Zucchini, Pickled Eggplants, Turkey Ham, Garlic and tag along with Tomatoe Sauce. Yummy....



As for myself, I usually have Spaghetti when comes to Pasta Selections. That day itself, I'd da Spagetti Marinara; a miscellany Seafood in a delicate Garlic, Pesto and Tomato Sauce. Priced at RM 21.90, it was really good and coincidently, it's also another Best Seller at Fasta Pasta.




When my da other half asked for da Dessert Menu, we were told that they are still working on it and we were guide to da counter for Cakes Selection instead. Errr.... not too sure why I wasn't craving for Cakes at that moment and I was unable to decide which one that I wanted. I guess da waiter realised that I wasn't keen on da Cakes and therefore, he recommended da Grape Pizza which was not in da menu at all. Amazingly, it was very satisfying and I truly love it! Priced at RM 8.90, I think that it's quite reasonable.

This's definitely a place worth visiting... ;)

No comments: