Tuesday, June 13, 2006

'Hot Mama' on a Sunday Afternoon

Last Sunday, darling and I went down town to grab some IT Gadgets at Low Yat Plaza, KL and hence, we had decided to have brunch at Hot Mama, Sg. Wang Plaza. Apparently, I'd heard alot about this restaurant and since we were at down town, I thought of why not try it out! Hot Mama is located at 4th floor of Sg. Wang Plaza and it is easily accessed from the rooftop car park of Metrojaya. Unbelievably, da place has a 'hot' ambience which is pretty well decorated with orange and white colors. Throughout my observations, da food concepts at Hot Mama are mainly from Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and, of course, Malaysia, which sold as complete meals, at a very affordable price.

Here we are at Hot Mama Restaurant



Amazingly, Hot Mama serves pretty great drinks and I ordered da Hot Mama’s Herbal Highball which is named as Six Treasure Drink as well. It has Longans, Red Dates, Snow Fungus, Jellies, a very thin slices of Lotus Root and Raisins in it. Priced at RM 4.50, I think that da drink was too sweet and it would definitely be much better with less sugar in it.



As for my da other half, he had da Chilled Water Chestnut Cooler and when darling and I had our first sip, we straight away gave a thumb up for this drink! I think that it tasted like a homemade drinks with chopped WaterChestnut and with Cooked Eggs. Priced at RM 4.50, this drink definitely has my vote this time!




As I was somehow craving for noodles, hence, I'd da Hot Mama's Assam Laksa which came in a big bowl. Priced at RM 7.50, da noodles were served in a generous portion. Good taste, yummylicious!





Darling must be curious over da unusual pasta with chinese soya sauce that he saw on da menu and therefore, he ordered da Chinese Stirfried Pasta which is priced at RM 8.90. Believe it or not, da Chinese Stirfried Pasta had Spirals done in the Penang Fried Keow Teow Style! This was also easy to like as the pasta was moist enough with Chicken and Shrimps in it, lots of Beansprouts, bits of Preserved Radish (choy pou), spot of Chillies and Egg to finish it. Delicious....

Highly recommended for those who are into Asian Cuisine... ;)

No comments: