Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mocha Butter Cake

I was rather bored yesterday night as my da other half was away for midnight work. Since I'd nothing much to do after dinner, I'd then decided to bake a Mocha Butter Cake. Check out my recipe below. It's very easy to bake and absolutely yummylicious...

Ingredients
  • 150g Butter (having no enough butter, i replaced it with margarine)
  • 200g Soft Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Essense
  • 2 tsp Instant Coffee Powder (afraid that mom will not like da strong coffee flavour, instead of 2tsp instant coffee powder, i used 1tsp marks & spencer coffee powder and 1tsp of cocoa powder)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 240g Self-Raising Flour (sifted)
  • 125ml UHT Milk (i'd replaced da UHT Milk with Low Fat Milk)

Method

  1. Grease and line a rectangular cake pan with parchment paper.
  2. Pre-heat oven to 180 deg. C
  3. Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy
  4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one goes in
  5. Add combined vanilla essense and dissolved instant coffee
  6. Fold in sifted flour
  7. Gradually add milk and mix well
  8. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan
  9. Bake in pre-heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes




Da Mocha Butter Cake Batter...ready to be baked! Oh oh, I sprinkled some Almond Flakes on top of da batter as mom and I love cakes with almond flakes....



Hohoho......it's ready to be eaten!!!



Mom was da first person to try out this cake yesterday night and I was rather happy to know that she gave thumb up for this cake. As for myself, I usually don't take food after 10pm. Hence, I only get to taste it this morning and that's my today's breakfast. I must say that it's absolutely yummy.......;)

No comments: