Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Semi-Buffet Dinner @ Sudu, Hilton Kuala Lumpur

It's World Cup Fever everywhere! Last week, 1 hour before da match between Brazil and Australia....
Me: Hmmm.... I don't think that Australia will loose to Brazil!!!
Darling: No no no... trust me, Brazil going to score and Australia will loose to Brazil..
Me: Wey... no no no! I say, Australia will win this time!
Darling: Muahahahahahaha... we shall see ;)
Me: Put it this way.. if Australia wins and draws with Brazil, you have to buy me dinner and it has to be expensive one !
Darling: What if you loose?
Me: Well, I will buy you expensive dinner then...
Darling: Muahahahahaha... good good! Deal!!
45 minutes after da match.....
Me: Muahahahaha..... it's draw! I told you that Brazil team is not that good after all! He, Ronaldo looks piggy ekekekeke... I don't think he will score!
Darling: Aikksss... there's still another 45 minutes to go!
Before da 2nd half of da match started, I fell asleep and da next morning when I woke up...
Beep Beep Beep Beep...
Checked da sms from Maxis.... Oh no, It's 2-0!!! Brazil scored 2 goals!!!! Sigh...
Immediately, I buzz my da other half who was still sleeping.
Me: Sob sob..... there goes my expensive dinner!
Darling: Ekekekeke..... ZzzzZzzzz...
Me: Wake up! wake up!!!!! Time to go work!!!!
Darling: Okay...okay... remember that you owe me one expensive dinner okay!
Me: What to do....:(
Ahhhh...... it was such a good lesson for me! I guess I was being too playful not knowing da in and out of football and simply support on a country. Neway, England is da country that I truly support all this while, not now but since I was in Form 2. Yeaps, I am such a loyal fan ekekekee and my other half said, 'I believe it's all because of David Beckham!' Muahahaha... I've to admit that...:p
In order to keep my promise to my other half, yesterday, I brought him to a new place for a new experience, Semi-Buffet Dinner @ Sudu, Hilton Kuala Lumpur.


Da "Live Kitchen" Concept in Sudu at Hilton Kuala Lumpur




Seafood and Seafood and Seafood




Assorted Appetizers; Malay, Chinese, Western and Indian Style




My very first plate from da Buffet Line-Up; Oysters, Baby Lobsters, Prawn and Salad. Da Oysters were not too good though. Small and not juicy enough...




Darling's first plate with Oysters, Salad and Sashimi topped with his favourite Ikura. I just can't believe that he asked for one plate of Ikura only for himself after knowing that da one that were served in da Buffet Line-Up were all finished. Amazingly, he managed to finish all of them...


There after our first plate of Appetizers, we hunt for da good looking Appetizers that were well displayed in a very small portion manner....





Yummylicious Bruschetta




Da Lamb Kofta was good!




Creamy Penne with Ham




Absolutely loved this. Da Stir Fried Prawns were well marinated and yummy!




Hohoho.. Scallop! Definitely one of my favourites..




They've got my favourite Cha Soba. Unfortunately, it was not cold at all. Otherwise, it would be heavenly good!

Okay okay.. enough of Appetizers and it's time for us to go for da Main Course. Let me brief on this Semi-Buffet style. Apparently, one have to order da Main Course from da given menu and you can have free flow of Appetizers and Desserts selection at da Buffet Line-Up. Da price of da Semi-Buffet is highly depends on da Main Course that to be ordered as they have 3 selections, having different themes; starting from RM 89++ for da Silver Journey, while RM 99++ for da Golden Journey and RM 109++ for da Platinum Journey. Each theme has 3-4 kinds of Main Course and with additional of RM 70++, one can have free flow of selected Wines. Interesting I must say :)

As for myself, da moment I looked to da given menu, without thinking much, I told my other half I wanted da Macadamia Coconut Crusted Cod Fillet Set Dinner which comes together with Foie Gras and priced at RM 109++. My other half opt for da Oven Baked Seabass Set Dinner, priced at RM 89++.




Oo lah lah.. that's my yummylicious Main Course. Macadamia Coconut Crusted Cod Fillet with Pan Seared Foie Gras, Onion Marmalade and tag with Garlic Cream Sauce. My oh my, heavenly good! Yummy yummy yummy... ;)





Darling's Main Course. Oven Baked Seabass with Melted Leek, Caponata and Fresh Pomodoro Sauce. Hmmm... having a few bites out of it, I must say that it was real good too!


Upon finishing da Main Course, it was then time for Dessert!! Ekekekeke...




Hahaha.. Candid shot taken by Darling. Look at me, having both hands with Cakes and Cakes and Cakes...




Yeaps, you have to believe! That was my very first attempt on its wide selection of hand-made Desserts from da Buffet Line-Up. Yummylicious....




Da Little Devil with Da Little Bear




Second attempt....




Third attempt...



Number Four....




Number 5...



and Number 6...




While I was busy with my Desserts, darling went to look for Ice Creams and he told me that there was none! Darling raised up da question to da waiter and asked da waiter if da Ice Creams is included in da Buffet and he said, yes. Good! So people, you know what to do if you want Ice Creams. As usual, darling ordered his favourite Vanilla and Chocolate Flavour Ice Creams. Whoa..... very good! Smooth and yummy!.....




As usual, Tea to end our yummylicious meal :)




Overall, da food was good except for da not so fresh Oysters. This's definitely a place for da food hunters to be explored at least for once. ;)

8 comments:

jessiewoo said...

so u r da culprit that make me craving for chocolate cake or infact CAKES ... :P

LayfuN said...

muahahahahahahaha!! the foodaholic.. BEST describe u both ler -> little devil & little bear... weiwei.. u really can finished the dessert meh? im so shock to see it ler.. muahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Meiyen said...

aikss...i am da culprit? :p :p wey, since you are craving for da desserts, lets go for dessert buffet or perhaps weekend buffet.. what say you? ;)

Meiyen said...

oh layfun, ermmm... yeaps, i finished all of it.. i've got sweet tooth and i can't live without desserts!!! :p

jessiewoo said...

layfun ... u also dun believe hor ... neither me leh ... i also ask da same question ... :P guess no 1 believe her ... i think :P

LayfuN said...

ya loh.. i really cant belif it.. and it made me think of kokkhin.. he was so shocked to see meiyen finished all the desserts.. muahaha.. he even asked me secretly if u really can finished all of it wor.. muahahahhaha!!!

seriously.. NOBODY will believe ler...

Meiyen said...

aikss..... he asked you that question? my oh my... erghhhh seriously, i can finish all of them... but why can't believe? u see my chubby face you know i've lotsa fats in my body and that's because.....overdose of desserts :p

LayfuN said...

muahahahaha!! overdose of dessert!!

ya ya.. he did ask me wor.. he was so shocked... muaahhahaaha!!!