Friday, July 21, 2006

The Lake House


My oh my, I can't really remember when was da last time I watched a good romance movie and for sure, The Lake House definitely has my vote this time! I absolutely love this movie, love da Lake House, love da ever beautiful Sandra Bullock and da ever charming Keanu Reeves! He's just so so so charming....

Da story begins with da formation of da Lake House....

Feeling that it’s time for a change in her life, Dr. Kate Forster (SANDRA BULLOCK) leaves da suburban Illinois locale where she completed her residency and takes a job at a busy Chicago hospital. One thing she is reluctant to leave behind is da uniquely beautiful house she’s been renting; a spacious and artfully designed refuge with large windows that overlook a placid lake.
It’s a place in which she felt her true self.

It is a winter morning in 2006....

On her way to da city, Kate leaves a note in the mailbox for house’s next tenant, asking him to forward her mail and noting that da inexplicable painted paw prints he might notice by da front door were there when she moved in. But when da next tenant arrives, he sees a much different picture. Alex Wyler (KEANU REEVES), a talented but frustrated architect working at a nearby construction site, finds da lake house badly neglected: dusty, dirty and overgrown with weeds and with no sign of paw prints anywhere. Da house has special meaning for Alex. In a happier time it was built by his estranged father (CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER), a renowned architect who allowed his professional acclaim to grow at da expense of his family life. Alex feels a sense of peace here now and commits to restoring the property to its original beauty. He disregards Kate’s note until, days later, while painting the weather-beaten jetty he sees a stray dog run across da fresh paint and then towards da entrance of da house, leaving paw prints exactly where she said they’d be.

Baffled, Alex writes back, saying that da house had no occupant before him and wondering how she could have known about the dog; while Kate, who just left it a week ago, imagines he is playing some kind of joke on her and fires back a reply.

Just for argument’s sake, what day is it there?

April 14, 2004.

No, she says. It’s April 14, 2006.

Da same day, two years apart.

Can this be happening?

As Kate and Alex continue to correspond through da lake house’s mailbox they confirm that they are, incredibly, impossibly, living two years apart, and each at a time in their lives when they are struggling with past disappointments and trying to make a new start. Sharing this unusual bond, they reveal more of themselves to one another with each passing week – their secrets, their doubts and dreams, until they find themselves falling in love. Determined to bridge da distance between them at last and unravel da mystery behind their extraordinary connection, they tempt fate by arranging to meet. But, by trying to join their two separate worlds, they could risk losing each other forever.

However, they managed to hold on with each other despite da two years distance problem that they encountered. It's a beautiful ending I must say :) Loved it... loved it!


Da Beautiful Lake House that I wish it's mine! Lol.. Yeah, yeah in my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!



Oh oh, not to forget, I love da soundtrack of this movie as well!!!!! It's a very nice song by Paul McCartney, This Never Happened Before. Check out da meaningful lyrics...


I'm very sure, this never happened to me before
I met you and now I'm sure
This never happened before
Now I see, this is the way it's supposed to beI met you and now I see
This is the way it should be
This is the way it should be, for lovers
They shouldn't go it alone
It's not so good when your on your own
So come to me, now we can be what we want to be
I love you and now I see
This is the way it should be
This is the way it should be
This is the way it should be, for lovers
They shouldn't go it alone
It's not so good when your on your own
I'm very sure, this never happened to me before
I met you and now I'm sure
This never happened before (This never happened before)
This never happened before (This never happened before)
This never happened before (This never happened before)
This never happened before

3 comments:

LayfuN said...

hey dear.. u really make me wanna go to watch it at the pricey cinema here ler... muahahaha.. and i will try my best to watch it.. eventhough i will watch it alone... hahahaha!!!

Meiyen said...

yeah, if you are into lovey dovey stories, this's definitely a good one..with da ever charming keanu reeves on screen, it's absolutely a bonus! ;) well, don't have to watch alone and watch in da expensive cinema... come back to kl and watch with him...;)

LayfuN said...

well.. thats a pretty good idea.. but who is the "him" that u r mentioning? i wanna watch it with someone who appreciate lovey dovey story wor... :p any good recommendation r?