Thursday, July 13, 2006

Raisin Butter Cake


Well well well, looks like it has been long long ago since I last baked a Cake and just because I'd not much of time to bake, mom has been complaining that I am getting supa lazy. Poor me :(

Anyway, I managed to bake a new flavour cake yesterday while waiting for my other half to come over my place and this time around, I'd baked a Raisin Butter Cake. It's very easy to bake this cake and it somehow turned out to be very aromatic and tasty but I find it a little bit oily and not very much to my liking though. Perhaps I should cut down da amount of Butter to 200g instead of 250g. I am glad that mom and sista loved it! Hmmm... Now I remember that my da other half have yet to try it out...

Let's check out da Ingredients for this lovely Cake as follow:-
  • 250g Butter
  • 210g Castor Sugar
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla essense
  • 200g Self-Raising Flour, sifted with 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 4 tbsp Milk
  • 100g Raisins

Method

  1. Grease and line a 20cm Cake Tin with greasedproof paper
  2. Preheat oven to 170 deg. C
  3. Cream Butter and Sugar until light and creamy
  4. Add Eggs one at a time, beat well after each addittion
  5. Add Essence
  6. Fold in sifted Flour gradually to mix
  7. Stir in Milk and mix until well combined
  8. Add in Raisins
  9. Turn out mixture into prepared tin
  10. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until cooked

No comments: