Monday, July 24, 2006

Souled Out Cafe @ Desa Sri Hartamas

It has been quite some time since we last ate at Souled Out Cafe hence last Saturday, I suggested to eat at Souled Out Cafe @ Desa Sri Hartamas for dinner. Da place is now well renovated and it has been widely expanded as compare to da last time I dined-in. Like how it used to be, this place is still very much crowded with lotsa patrons. However, da food was rather disappointing though...


Fully packed on a Saturday Night




Muahahaha.. introducing da Food Lovers; Da Little Bear and I, Da Little Devil ;)




No no Alcoholic Drinks for me as I am in da process of recovering from 'Rashes' hence no Wine and no Cocktails for me :( Instead, I ordered da Lemonade Berry, a combination of Strawberry Sauce, Lemon Juice and Sprite. Priced at RM 8 per glass, it was quite good though but I find it a little bit gassy for me.




Darling had an obscene drink, da Pussy Foot! Imagine me offering this drink to him while bursting out, 'Wanna taste my Pussy......Foot?' Muahahahaha.... Lol.... *giggling* Anyway, this drink is priced at RM 9 per glass and it's a combination of Orange Juice, Mango Juice, Pineapple Juice, Grenadine Syrup with Milk. Slurpp.... yummy!




A bowl of Salmon Chowder which tasted something else. It was pretty creamy but it definitely didn't taste like Salmon. More like a Pumpkin soup perhaps? Priced at RM 7 per bowl, it served along with Garlic Bread.




Snapper Creole for me. Priced at RM 22 per plate, da Snapper was marinated in Cajun spices and served with Garlic Butter Spinach with Onion Rings and it served with a Baked Potato over creamy Creole sauce. Ermm.... Garlic Butter Spinach?? I think it tasted more like a Coconut Milk Spinach! Creole sauce? Bahhh.. I think it was a Sour Cream! Anyway, I like da fish texture though as it was real fresh and good.




Darling didn't want any red meats and since I went for Fish, he then ordered da most simple dish of all time, Chicken Chop. Priced at RM 19 per plate, da Chicken Chop is grilled and served with Mushroom Sauce, Fries and Sauteed Vegetables. It wasn't good at all. Da Mushroom Sauce tasted weird. Yikes, bad smell and da meat was rather filled with lotsa fats! A simple dish but yet, it was done badly! A very good lesson I thought, a simple dish doesn't mean that it's easy to cook and definitely takes more effort to prepare it ;)




We didn't order any Desserts as before we went out for dinner, I baked a Marble Chocolate Cheese Cake and we thought of to try it out once back at home and here's my yummylicious Cake...




My home-made Marble Chocolate Cheese Cake, topped with Strawberry and Cherry. I was pretty over-joyed knowing that mom, a person who dislikes cheese said that she love this cake very much :D Very satisfied indeed as it was my first time baking a Cheese Cake though and everyone commented that it was yummy! ;) Will post da recipe out soon....

8 comments:

LayfuN said...

wey wey.. moi... i miss SOULED OUT so much ler... i think the last time i went there was for KOK KHIN's farewell ler.. remember? 2003... MUAHAHAHHAHA!!! so long ago liao... :p and im sad to know that their quality drop.. :(

btw.. ur cheese cake looks so yummy.. and dun forget to bake one for me for my 2007 birthday wor.. muahahaha!! >.^

Meiyen said...

Yeah.. time flies and it was 3 years ago! Perhaps, I should have try da Lamb Shank instead.. it was really good remember?

Wey...for sure i will bake you a yummylicious cheesecake if you are around during your birthday... promise okay? otherwise, got to courier da cake to sg but i afraid by da time it reach sg, it will turn into something else...:p

LayfuN said...

yaya.. i remember.. the lamb shank n the cordon blue chicken.. taste good... haha...

okay okay.. promise!!! dun courier over.. as im afraid of what it will turn into too by the time it reach.. haha...

Meiyen said...

Cordon Blue Chicken? Hmmm.. i wonder if it's still in their menu cause i don't remember i see cordon blue chicken under da poultry selection.... anyway, we find one day to gather @ souled out again when you are back from sg okay? i afraid it will be me and you only because our 'ah chu ma' won't be able to come out during her confinement month or maybe we can get our mr.lawyer to dine with us as well ..:p

jessiewoo said...

u 2 "mou yi hei" ... left me out ... dun wan "choi" u 2

hahahaha afraid leh .... kekeke

Meiyen said...

:o :o mrs.kan seems to be unhappy already... :p :p okay okay, we shall wait for you to dine together ok? ;)

LayfuN said...

sure will wait for mrs kan ler.. powerful lady with 2 little angels.. haha...

Kong said...

hi Mei Yen...

I just read ur blog, and know u have so much "xperience" in eating, rite? Can i ask ur suggestion? In coming June, my best fren b'day. So, i need so special place to bring her go. So, did u have any good idea for me? Cox almost 7ppls will join together, so we need some great place to chat after eat...

Can u help me? Please...
Here my email add... wayne_agumi@yahoo.com

So hopefully u can help...

Thanks...

Wayne