Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Revisit to Madam Kwan's



Da other day, we were at KLCC and since we were craving for local cuisine, we then decided to have lunch at Madam Kwan's. As usual, long queue and we were asked to wait for another 5-10 minutes for a table. Phewww...... as always, good foods mean good business!





This time around, darling ordered Nasi Lemak. Priced at RM 13.20 per plate, it came with an aromatic Steamed Coconut Rice served with Chicken Curry, Sambal Ikan Bailis, Dried Shrimp Floss, 1/2 Hard Boiled Egg, Acar and Cucumber. Ooops, looks like I forgot to take a photo on da Acar :I Anyways, according to darling, da Nasi Lemak was pretty good but he still prefer da Nasi Bojari he once had before at da Midvalley outlet a couple of months back.





While darling had Nasi Lemak, I had Mushroom Chicken Floss Mee (Egg Noodle) which is listed under da Hawker Favourites section. For da price of RM 12.60, da noodles served with yummylicious Mushrooms, Chicken Floss and Sawi. It was real good and I loved it! Thumb up for this! :)





Da greedy me wanted more food hence I suggested darling to order da Otak-Otak (Spicy Fish Paste Grilled in Banana Leaf) since I've yet to try it at Madam Kwan's. First bite out of it, whoaaaaaaaaaa so yummy!!!!!! When I checked out da price for this yummylicious Otak-Otak, I was rather shocked cause it's definitely not cheap! Believe it or not, it's priced at RM 15.30 per Fish Paste with a few slices of Cucumber and Tomato.





For Dessert, darling ordered da traditional Malaysian delight which is named as Ice Campur. Hmmm.. I am still wondering why it's named as Ice Campur and not ABC Ice Kacang. Priced at RM 5.90 per bowl, it really filled our tummy to da bottom! Anyways, I think that this Ice Campur was rather too sweet for me but I am pretty sure darling loved it!


Amazingly, Madam Kwan's never seem to let us down before. This restaurant definitely serves good food and it's always jam packed with patrons. If you are da kind of person into Hawker Favourites but can't stand to eat under hot sun, Madam Kwan's will be da choosen one :)

4 comments:

J said...

I love Madam Kwan's! - especially the Nasi Bojari is you really feel like pigging out...
Unfortunately, it is a little too pricey to eat there too often.
:(

Meiyen said...

j, ooooo my bf love da nasi bojari very much too but it's definitely not cheap... RM 19 per plate wey!

boo_licious said...

My favs in Mdm Kwan is their curry chicken & assam prawns hence Nasi Bojari is my fav. I cheat a bit and always ask for a replacement of the beef rendang with curry chicken so I can use the curry sauce with the rice.

Meiyen said...

boo, wow can do that? i didn't know that can be done! frankly speaking, i never know how good da nasi bojari is because i don't take beef.. with da info of yours, i will try da nasi bojari on my next visit and ask them to swap it with curry chicken ekekekeke...