Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blueberry Muffins



It has been quite some time since I last baked and so happened yesterday night I was craving for some Muffins hence I'd decided to bake some Blueberry Muffins for today's breakfast. Thank god that this time da Muffins turned out to be well baked! I think I am somehow being cursed. You must be wondering why I said so huh. Well, there were so many times that whenever my other half around and I attempt to bake, all my cakes, cookies and muffins would never be able to survive! They were either uncooked or unedible! Very strange huh... anyways, I've told myself that whenever he's around, I will never ever bake or else, I will get extremely disappointed ;)

This time, I'd used a basic Muffins' recipe and I modified a little bit on it by adding Blueberry filling in it which turned out to be really good.

Ingredients
  • 175g Plain Flour
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 50g Butter (melted)
  • 170ml UHT Milk
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 1/2 cup Blueberry Filling
Method
  1. Sift da Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together
  2. Preheat Oven to 180 degC
  3. Combined sifted Ingredients (No.1) into a mixing bowl
  4. In another bowl, beat Eggs, add da melted Butter, Vanilla Essense and Milk
  5. Stir well to combine
  6. Make a well in da centre for da sifted Ingredients and pour in da Egg mixture
  7. Use a large metal spoon to stir until da Flour is moistened and not lumpy
  8. Spoon 1/4 batter into da Muffin cups, fill in a little bit Blueberry filling and spoon another 1/4 batter to cover da Blueberry filling until they are 3/4 full and spread a little bit Blueberry filling on top
  9. Bake in preheated Oven for 20 minutes or until da Muffins spring back when they are pressed lightly

7 comments:

evan said...

meiyen, your blueberry muffins are very very pretty! makes me wanna have a bite rightaway. can i? :p

Meiyen said...

evan, thanks for da compliment! anyways, i still think that it's not compatible with yours at all... i muz say that you're really a good baker! :D you wanna have a bite on it? can can...but it has to be virtually though... ehehehehe...

babe_kl said...

adui so yummy... 10 mins more to lunch time!!!

Meiyen said...

babe, your cupcakes for your hubby more yummy and really really really pretty!

Primrose said...

Just yesterday I was at MPH looking at the recipe for muffins. And I found it here. Yippee! I want to make a plain muffin. And if successful, I wanna improvise a savoury muffin with cheese and ham.

Primrose said...

BTW, where to get blueberry filling? What is it? Jam? Real blueberries?

Meiyen said...

primrose, savoury muffin sounds good and i shall wait for you to post it up yeah..;)

oh, da blueberry filling is actually a jam ehehehehe...;)