Monday, September 18, 2006

Mooncake : Part 3

Oh my god, I think I've put on so much recently due to over-eating Mooncakes. To be exact, I think I've put on at least 2kgs :( . I wonder how am I going to shed that 2kgs away when I am always so greedy to have as much Mooncakes as I can without having a limit. Sigh....

Ahhh... forget about it as I am here to continue my Mooncake post. Let's check them out..




Single Yolk Shanghai Mooncake from Oversea. As we all know, da usual baked Mooncake's pastry is usually smooth and soft while da non-baked Mooncake's pastry is usually cold and fine. As for this one, it's rather different. Da pastry seems to be crispy and crunchy. Mom loved it and I loved it too! Amazingly, when I first cut it into half, da Yolk didn't split out from from da Lotus Paste. Goodie... very aromatic ;)




A lavish Mooncake package from Hotel Equatorial. Priced at RM 88++, da gift box consists of 4 Mooncakes (any flavours) with 1 set of Teacups.




Tried one of them from Hotel Equatorial, da Pearl of Harmony flavour. A combination of "Kei Chi" (Red Seeds) with Lotus Paste. Ermm... definitely not towards my liking and I think everyone back at home did complaint that it was way too sweet!!!! 3 more flavours to go and I shall update that in my next Mooncake post.




While Purple Cane came out with Mini Green Tea Mooncakes last year, this time around they actually come out with Mini Tea Mooncakes! Unfortunately, I can't really remember how much they cost at but if I am not mistaken, it should be around RM 6-8 per pc.




First attempt from Purple Cane was da BlackTea Redbean. Whoaa... very nice, love it! Not too sweet, very aromatic. Yum yum... looks like there will be another 5 mini Tea Mooncakes to be reviewed and I have yet to try them..




Next, Cheese Mooncake from Yong Sheng. I used to love this flavour so much that each year, I must buy them and have at least 1 box of it! However, this yummylicious Cheese Mooncake no longer taste da same. Da filling is so different as compare to previous years, not cheesy at all and tasted so sticky in da middle! No good, no good! I miss da previous Cheese Mooncakes so much :( How sad... has anyone got any good recommendations on where I could get a yummy Cheese Mooncake?




Also tried was da Health Delight from Yong Sheng. Apparently, it's this year new flavour and da best thing is, it's 100% sugar-free and cholestrol-free Lotus paste. Exactly da right one for my daddy. Whoaa... I like it, not sweet at all and not oily at all :D Oh fyi, they also have other savoury flavours like Sambal, Durian and Yam.




Dad didn't get enough of da Assorted Nuts & Fruits Mooncake from Oversea, hence I bought him another one. This time, it's from Shangri-La Hotel. Definitely not cheap, RM 18 per piece! First bite out of it, whoaaa.... so different! So good, so crunchy, so crispy and tasted soooooo much better than da one from Oversea. Best...


Mooncake Part 1

6 comments:

boo_licious said...

wow! lots of mooncakes. I'm not much of a fan but people tell me the Champagne Ping Pei Mooncake from Li Yen, Ritz is to die for.

Meiyen said...

boo, thanks for da info.. ritz as in ritz carlton?

cookies_cream said...

Arrr~~~ Shanghai mooncake~! :'( I haven't eaten any shanghai mooncake and the "bing pei" mooncake yet...sob sob~

Meiyen said...

cookies, it's not too late yet cause mid-autumn festival is like 17 days to go and you still have plenty of time to buy and eat them....

boo_licious said...

Meiyen - yeah Ritz Carlton. I saw someone's blog had the Chynna, KL Hilton's mooncakes and they look good too - one even has a Bailey's centre so if you love alcohol, I think that will be heavenly.

Meiyen said...

boo, whoaaa..... sounds so tempting! *drool* but but.. i've lots more at home and have to finish them 1st before i start buying new flavours or else it will be all wasted :( guess worst come to worst, will try it next year then ;) anyways, thanks for da infor.. appreciate that very much!!! :D