Thursday, September 14, 2006

Super Wednesday @ Italiannies

Two days ago, I came across to know from 'Life of A Food Lover' that Italiannies is having Never Ending Bowls of Pasta promotion which valid only on Wednesday and I was so tempted to try it out da minute I read about it lol... Finally, Wednesday arrived (yesterday) and I dragged my other half to join da feast at da 1Utama Italiannies. At da price of RM 19.90++ you can have as many bowls of different Pasta (Spagetthi, Penne, Linguine, Angel Hair & Fettuccine) with different kind of Sauce (Pomodoro, Arrabiato, Carbonara, Spicy Marinara & Aglio Olio) and Topping (Shrimp, Fried Calamari, Diced Salmon, Broccoli, Beef Bacon, Clams, Chicken & Mussels) as you wish! Isn't that great? Ekekekeke...




As for drinks, we had da Strawberry Splash. Priced at RM 6.90 per glass, it was good! Slurp...




We started off with Caesar Salad which priced at RM 18.90. This Italiannies style Vege which toasted with Focaccia Croutons came in a decent size. Not too bad, fresh Vege but darling complain that it was a little bit plain though. I still think that Dome serves da best Caesar Salad :)




Our very first attempt from da promotion was da Angel Hair with Spicy Marinara Sauce and Shrimp as Topping. Oh my god, such a big big portion! Very good, da prawns were fresh and da pasta tasted so yummy!!!! I loved it!!!!!




Once finished da first bowl, we opt for another different Pasta and this time, we had da Mussels Spagetthi with Pomodoro Sauce. Da Pasta came with 4 pcs of large Mussels and it was very good too! Slurp....




Done with second bowl, here comes da third bowl.. Linguine with Arrabiato Sauce and Chicken as topping. My oh my, there were Mushrooms in it!!!!! Again... it was supa dupa good! Look how kind they are to serve such a generous portion of Pasta! Absolutely delicious....




This yummy Aglio Olio Clams Fettucine was our last attempt cause we were quite full after da 3rd bowl. Oo lah lah.... lotsa Clams, lotsa Olives, lotsa Tomatoes! It was fabulous! We wanted so much to try da Penne Pasta with Carbonara Sauce but our tummy told us not to, just too bad :(




After settling down for 10 minutes, I got greedy again! Somehow, I remembered I saw something on da menu which looks tempting. It's da Cappucino Pie (RM 12.90) and it was huge! This yummy Dessert has a rich layer of frozen Coffee with Liquor, on top of da frozen Coffee is a layer of Vanilla Ice Cream with Oreo Crumb Crust as base and it was served with a pool of Chocolate Sauce. Heavenly good....

We were very satisfied with what we called da 'Perfect Meal'. I was so full that I couldn't breath properly :p So people, if you are really hungry and fancy some good unlimited Italian Pasta, this is da place you should really go and it has to be on a Wednesday ;)


3 comments:

J said...

2 of you only and you ate one salad, 3 bowls of pasta and 1 dessert?!

I am impressed....
:)

Primrose said...

Cappucino pie, eh? Looks interesting. I wonder if I can do it. Haha! If I can, nobody needs to sell cakes anymore. :) Yummy promotion. I love pasta and penne carbonara is my absolute fav!

Meiyen said...

j, nonono...to be exact, 4 bowls of pastas.. :p really good pastas.. you should try it out ;)

primrose, if you can make such a yummylicious cheesecake i am sure u can do this as well.. fully support u ehehehhe..... oh, you should go and try this promotion...too bad that we were quite full at that time to go for da penne carbonara..:(