Monday, October 30, 2006

Nine Emperor Gods Festival

Nine Emperor Gods Festival

Today is da ninth day, ninth month of da Chinese lunar calendar which symbolise da Nine Emperor Gods Festival. Actually I don't know much about this festival but somehow last year, my cousins managed to persuade my parents to follow them to this "Nan Thien Kwang" Temple in Ampang, Kuala Lumpur. I still remember how naive and scared I was during da 1st time I stepped in to this temple for this Nine Emperor Gods Festival because there were so many beggars around, people seems to be rushing in and out, pushing here and there everywhere! My mom think it was crazy too! Phewww.....

Anyways, over da weekends my family flocked to da "Nan Thien Kwan" Temple once again for this religious festival. Oh my god, time flies and one year has gone! This time around, it wasn't too bad cause looks like I am used to da environment over there now and it seems to be quite okay for mom too!

This's da beautiful "Nan Thien Kwan" Temple in Ampang, Kuala Lumpur

While walking in to da Temple, I saw this beautiful Turtle and Peach Buns all over da stalls...

Look at da Turtle Buns, so cute and nice!!!!!!!!!

Da Pagoda, nicely decorated and beautiful lightings everywhere!

Prayers time, for good luck, longevity and health :D

Oh, heard from mom that once started to pray, we must continue to pray for da next coming 3 years! O_o I wonder what happens if we miss it.....

3 comments:

LayfuN said...

wow!! i was there 2 years ago.. but i din practise for the 3 years prayers wor.. guess thats y i got bad luck.. haha~~ but anyway... dun think too much if u really missed the prayers next year.. erm.. of coz uf can practise then will be better lor.. right? >.^

Primrose said...

I read about the turtle buns in The Star that day. What does it represent anyway? But it's still raining after 9 days. :)

Meiyen said...

layfun, oh u been there before huh... very pack right? *touchwood!!!!!* what bad luck?? no no bad luck k....*hugz*

primrose, i am not too sure bout it either...perhaps, it could be for longevity... yeah....that's da symbol of this festival...it has been raining cats & dogs!