Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Daroos @ Damansara Uptown

Too much of good food lately and it's time to go for some cheap and nice food! One early morning, I was craving for mamak food and not knowing which mamak to go, darling brought me to Daroos @ Uptown Damansara.

Darling had Iced Milo while I had Iced Lemon Tea. Wow, da Iced Lemon Tea was good! I told my other half on da spot that I loved da Iced Lemon Tea very much and he O_o looked at me while laughing out loud :( Sigh.....

Darling had "Nasi Lemak" with an addition of Curried Mutton. If you are not aware what actually a "Nasi Lemak" is, let me define it over here. Usually a good "Nasi Lemak" would have a nice fragrant of Steamed Rice in Coconut Milk which's served with "Ikan Bilis" (Anchovy), Sambal (Sweet & Hot Chilie Paste), Peanuts, Boiled Egg and Cucumber. I had a bite on da Curried Mutton, whoaaaaaaaa yummy yummy and da "sambal" was real nice, sweet and a little bit spicy.

As for myself, I had one plain "Roti Canai". I heard that "Roti Canai" is sometimes reffered to as "Flying Bread" O_o and known as "Roti Prata" in Singapore. I hardly get to eat "Roti Canai" hence da one I had was really good! I find it really crispy with one perfect thin texture. Honestly speaking, I am not too sure how to judge a good "Roti Canai" but for sure whenever I've da chance to taste it, it always turn out to be so delicious! Dip da "Roti Canai" into da Curried Dhal, whoaaaaaaaaa yummy! Slurp..... ;)

I also had 2 Half Boiled Eggs. Hmm... find it quite different from those at HK Chan Tengs. I find it a bit watery but with a dash of pepper and soya-sauce, it was absolutely yummy yummy! ;)

Apparently, I saw a kid having "Roti Tissue" and da greedy me wanted it too! Oh dear, I am such a big eater! Anyways, darling said it was okay to order and he shared it with me. I really wonder why my Roti Tissue looked this way :( I thought it should sit on top of da plate like a pyramid shape? Hmmm... I didn't quite like da Roti Tissue though cause there were too much of sugars spread in it. However, texture wise, it was all good and crispy!

After breaky, darling went to da counter to pay for da bill and guess what? Da above food cost us less than RM 10!!!! O_o, O_o, O_o really yummy and cheap cheap breaky! :D

10 comments:

mama bok said...

Wow..! that's really cheap..!! can't get this cheap even in singapore..!

boo_licious said...

Roti Prata is yucky though - our Roti Canai is ten times better. The Nasi Lemak here looks good. Haven't been to this mamak for ages.

Dragon City said...

Half Boiled Eggs... huh...
i'm going to make those for my supper tonite.. hehe

Meiyen said...

mamabok, oh yes...very cheap! and yummy too :D

boo, oh really? i wonder how roti prata looks like though.. oh heard from my bf that this mamak opens 24 hours...

dragoncity, so did you manage to make one for yourself? yummy huh? ;)

Rasa Malaysia said...

Hey Meiyen,

The roti tissue is not as tall as the one I had in Penang. Look at this hideous picture: http://www.rasamalaysia.com/labels/Penang%20Food%20Guides.html

toniXe said...

ah now I know u also can eat below RM10 one so got chance aledi...

btw uptown I love, got sava,lockstockbarrel,bar t, h2o etc

...n aso Village Park

Meiyen said...

rm, O_o oh my god!!!!! that's tremendously tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_o very nice pic!

tonixe, got chance to do what? ;) so... those are eateries or bar/pub? Village Park? mind to tell me more bout it? ;)

Ken said...

Almost daily food for Malaysians but you've upgraded this daily food with very nice photographs. Hey gal, this post makes me feel that I am so proud to be a Malaysian you know why? Over here at UK, we can't have such a cheap and good looking mamak food at all. You've make me miss Malaysia so much! Btw, keep it up as I love the way you blog. Many many supports to you :)

toniXe said...

hey got chance to show u all the backStreets lah ! ( some minus star one u know sommore seat is stone with many holes)

those names are the strings of pubs/cafes serving da best otakotak, sui yoke and perfectly fried samble kembong fish, no joking ( also the Indons/Sarawakians, no Mongolian yet )

Village Park serves that type of famous/xpensive Nasi Lemak one

dats why call up town....( lll ooo lll !)

Meiyen said...

ken, thanks for da comments! i am sorry, i don't mean to make you miss m'sia.. i am sure you can always come back one day and try all da good food over here in kl! thanks for da support, i do appreciate it very much :)

tonixe, O_o whoaaaaaaaa.... thanks for da tips.. i never know that! ;)