Monday, November 06, 2006

Food Foundry @ Section 17, PJ




I know, I know, I know! Apparently, lotsa food bloggers had already blogged this place and that's da reason that makes me so eager to try out their food. I think I need not elaborate much about this place as Food Foundry is quite well known now and if you need further information, you can actually browse through its website which's very informative ;)

This's how Food Foundry looks like and believe it or not, while we were in Section 17, we got lost trying to locate this place. Thanks to me for not bringing da map along and I thought I could remember da directions. First of all, darling didn't know that I was actually trying to bring him to this Flats area and when I told him that Food Foundry located somewhere around da Flats area, straight away he knows where to go and within a minute, we found da place! :p

See..... I told you, Food Foundry is so famous that da place was filled with patrons eating heartily eventhough lunch hour had passed long ago during da time we were there. Basically, I quite like this place though cause it was so windy at that time when I thought it supposed to be a very hot and sunny afternoon. Soooooo cooling and windy, definitely a good place to enjoy a quiet meal!

Iced-water on pretty glasses... nice right? ;)

We started off with Caesar Salad. Priced at RM 6.90, I must say that it was yummy-licious!!!! Very fresh Lettuces and believe me, if you want to have a good Caesar Salad with da amount of money not exceeding RM 10, this's definitely da place that you have to go! Seriously, with that price, I think it can easily beat da one at Dome's and Coffee Bean :p

I am a Mushrooms lover and I will never miss to order anything which has got to do with Mushrooms if they have it in da menu. I decided to order this Button Mushrooms Tapas knowing that Memoirs of a Chocoholic gave thumb up for it. Priced at RM 5.90, it was served with Pita Bread and da sauteed with butter Mushrooms were good and warm enough just to melt inside my mouth. However, I didn't quite like da Pita Bread cause it was rather hard and dry.

Darling had da Spagetthi Carbonara with Turkey Ham. Priced at RM 12.90, it was really good! Darling loved it so much and gave thumb up for this. I had a few bites and I felt da same way, creamy and yummy!

I had da local sensation Singapore Fried Beehoon. Priced at RM 6.90, it was served with a generous portion of Beehoon, different types of Seafood and Vege. Taste wise, quite normal and fine, just like how a Singapore Fried Beehoon should taste like. I think da most that I like about this Singapore Fried Beehoon was da way they fried it which was not oily at all! There wasn't any oil stain left on da plate okay. Pretty amazed with that.....

Here comes da most famous Mille Crepe. Priced at RM 7.90 per slice, one can opt for da Original flavour, Chocolate flavour, Strawberry flavour and also Green Tea flavour. We were unsure whether we should go for other flavours and we somehow asked da staff to recommend us. He mentioned that since we've yet to try da Original flavour, he suggested us to go for that first. Obviously, I think I put a very high expectation on this Mille Crepe and to my surprised, I didn't quite like it cause what it tasted like was not da fresh creams in between but more like a combination of custard and full cream milk. Anyways, my other half quite liked it and he commented that it was nice and yummy! Hmmm..... something wrong with my tastebuds I guess!


Whoaaaa.... look at this picture, I think it needs lotsa hardwork to get this layers crepe huh.....


Overall, I quite like this place cause of its windy environment. We didn't expect much on their Food but those that we had, turned out to be good and yummy while when I put so much hope on da Mille Crepe, it disappointed me. Well, as I said, it could be because of a different tastebuds I've. Price wise, definitely not expensive and very affordable. For sure, this place won't be our first and last visit. We will certainly return..... :)

Other reviews:

12 comments:

boo_licious said...

Difference in opinion abt the food, what we ate those times weren't so great we felt.

I've been visiting this place to ta pau the cake for friends and so far we like the Strawberry Crepe as the strawberry jam bit complements the creamy part so not so rich tasting. Must also eat chilled or else not nice.

SooHK said...

the food looks good...

Meiyen said...

boo, yeah..i did read about your food comments at this place before i make a stop actually.. that was why i didn't put much expectations though but surprisingly, they turned out to be better than i expected.....

O_o da time that they served me da Mille Crepe it wasn't cold at all worrr.... i somehow think that it was custard and full cream milk instead of da fresh creams.. perhaps, it wasn't my lucky day on da mille crepe.. i will return and try their strawbery mille crepe since u recommend that as i always trust on your choice ehehehehehe ;)

Meiyen said...

soohk, oh yes and it's quite affordable also :) anyways, thanks for visiting my blog!

J said...

Hmmm,... sounds like they have a slight problem keeping the consistent quality of their food : One day nice, another day not so nice.

Oh well,... it's so affordable so I'm not going to complain too much!

Glad to hear that you (mostly) enjoyed the food though.
:)

Leandra said...

Hi, i'm a new reader and i just wanted to tell you that i really enjoyed reading your entries. And i love that you update regularly.

Keep up the good work! :oD

Meiyen said...

j, am not too sure bout it cause that was my 1st time though.. but like you said, nothing much to complain cause da food, really not that expensive after all.....

leandra, thanks for dropping by and am glad that you enjoy reading my food reviews!

Jackson said...

meiyen, the layered crepe really look good and not easy to prepare! SInce most of the food blogger hv good comment on it, i think i shall give it a try. But i dunno how to go, can u guide me?

Meiyen said...

jackson, yeah... i am sure it's definitely not easy to prepare.. hmmmm... actually, i got lost too trying to locate this place :p u try to check da below link...directions to go food foundry..;)

http://www.foodfoundry.us/directions.htm

KampungboyCitygal said...

whoa i wana try the mille crepe~!

Meiyen said...

citygal, oh yeah..go try, go try and let me know if you like it yah!!! ;)

Parley said...

These pics are looking amazing, my mouth is watering now..I love to buy my delicious food items from OmahaSteaks, DancingDeer, Fannie May stores atCouponAlbum