Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ka Wha Korean Bbq Restaurant @ Bangsar

Last Saturday night, we were somewhere around Bangsar area looking for an eatery that we've yet to try and after a few roundings, we decided to have dinner in Ka Wha Korean Bbq Restaurant which's located at Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru (on top of Mak Koh Restaurant).

Entrance to Ka Wha Korean Bbq Restaurant

Pretty nice ambience with warm lightings. We found out that da owner of this Restaurant is a Korean Lady :)

Oh oh, I see stainless steel spoon but not a pair of stainless steel chopsticks though. Hmmm... as far as I know, Korean Restaurants usually prepare stainless steel spoons and chopsticks for da diners but this time, it was a pair of wooden choopsticks and I wonder why.....

Firstly, we were served with two small plates of Salad, complimentary from da Restaurant of course. Oooo... I liked it!

When we thought that Salad was da only appetizer, we were served another 10 small plates of.....

This.....

and this.....

O_o and this! Oh yes, all of them were complimentary..... Phew, that was alot! I tell you, you can easily feel full just by eating da above Appetizers!

Burn baby, burn!!!!!! By looking at this picture, I am sure you all know what we were up to ;)

Slurpppp... da yummy yummy "Go-Cho-Jang" Pork Belly ready to be barbecued! Priced at RM 27 per plate, it was such a generous portion I must say!

Hohohoho... I absolutely loved this Pork Belly! Da multiple sensory pleasures of Korean Bbq... spicy, salty flavours and combination of da tender meat texture and temperature, ooooooomph!!!!!!! Yummy!!!!! :p

Now, you can eat those Bbq Pork Belly slice by slice or you can wrap da grilled Pork Belly with Lettuce. As for myself, I loved eating it along with da Lettuce. Healthy, crunchy, tasty and da best is it's foc! :D

Besides da Pork Belly, we also ordered Cuttlefish, which's priced at RM 15 per plate. Barbequed it, da tender-crisp texture was exactly on point! Delicious.....

I am a Vegetable person hence every meals of mine should have at least one small portion of it. There are a few types of Vegetable Bbq in da menu and we went for da Vegetable Set. Priced at RM 10 per plate, da Vegetable Set came in a very big portion with sliced Carrots, Oyster Mushrooms, Eggplants and another type of Vege which looked like Avocados to me but it didn't taste like one.

Da above Bbq dishes best to be eaten with this Bean Paste sauce. Not spicy but a little bit salty :)

At da same time, da greedy us ordered some side dishes as well. One of them was da Bean Curd with Fried Kim Chi. Priced at RM 25, it was stated in da menu that this's a new item and I find it rather good! Da Bean Curd definitely tasted very different from those normal Bean Curd and I suspect that they are home made ones. Not too sure about it but I definitely like this kind of Bean Curd's texture, firm and soft.

Another side dish that we had, Kim Chi Pot. Priced at RM 15 per pot, it's best to be shared. Whoaaa... this soup definitely has my vote. Lotsa ingredients in it, tangy and hot, slurpy!!!!!

O_o oh my god, look at our table! No more space at all!

We asked for bill and da next minute, we were given a few pcs of Watermelon ;)

Not bad, we were also given free Lotte (a very famous brand in Korea) Chewing Gum ;)

Overall, definitely one hearty meal for me and darling. I won't say that it's expensive to have a meal at this place cause da price seems to be quite reasonable I thought and for your information, we think that we had over-ordered that night. We will order smartly da next time we re-visit this place ;) Good portions, good food and a nice ambience!

9 comments:

Ken said...

My mind is flying to Bangsar remembering my days back in Malaysia. I used to hang out at this place with my friends a lot during my college days. Do you stay at Bangsar?

Primrose said...

I'm not a fan of Korean food because I thought whatever the dish, it's always cooked on that metal piece in margarine but after reading this post, I might be interested to try once again. Looks kinda good.

boo_licious said...

I find that eating Korean food is always a problem for me - the portions are always so big hence if two of us, we will sure eat too much. Another thing I hate is the smoke that gets into my clothes hence we don't usually go Korean most of the time.

Meiyen said...

ken, so... is that mean you aren't in m'sia right now? Oh by da way, i am not staying in bangsar ;)

primrose, nono margarine at all.. in fact i don't see any cooking oil at all.. go try, i am sure you will enjoy da fun of it ;)

boo, oh yes, big big portions! i think it's kinda okay for me and my bf cause we are both big eaters! like you, i truly dislike those smokes too and you know what? da other day after dinner, i found out that i smelled like grilled dry-meat.. oh my god, my hair also gone case!

babe_kl said...

the price is definitely cheaper the one i been at korean village in ampang

Meiyen said...

babe, me never been to korean village before.. mind to tell me where's da exact location?

tekko said...

the price is really reasonable... but how can 2 of you finish so many food? surprise!

Meiyen said...

tekko, yeah...not too expensive to dine @ this korean restaurant :) oooopssss... honestly speaking, we did managed to finish all of them :p we are big eaters ;)

PeiPei said...

Hi guys & gals, I just went there with my bf yesterday night and keen to tell u all they r having buffet as well now. For adult, u only hv to pay RM48++ to enjoy almost all the food on the ala-carte manu, unlimited meats (beef,pork,chicken,prawn,squid...)and veggies and soups and bimbimbap...what's more is they r having promotion where 3 adults having buffet the 4th get 50% disc while 4 adults dine, the 5th get to eat for free!! It's really worthy!