Thursday, November 23, 2006

Pillsbury Lemon Cake

I am pretty busy lately and not to mention that I've actually turned into one lazy worm. I know, I know, I know! I've stop baking for like months now! :p

Anyways, I've been freaking lonely this few days as darling is away working in another state :( Therefore, yesterday night having nothing much to do, I'd decided to bake! I went to da kitchen, open da cabinet of mine (oh yes, mom actually clear one whole cabinet just for me to put all my baking stuffs in it!), searched high and low for self-raising flour and there was none!!! O_o

No big deal, I remember I bought this Pillsbury Lemon Cake Mix two weeks ago at Cold Storage Supermarket and I thought why not? ;)

Boy oh boy, really supa easy to bake this Cake!

Firstly, pre-heat oven to 180 degC. Pour Cake Mix, 3 Eggs, 1/3 cup of Oil (I used Olive Oil cause that's da only type of Cooking Oil available in our kitchen) and 1 cup of Water into a big mixing bowl.

Beat in a slow speed untill da mixture is well combined. Then, beat da mixture on a maximum speed for at least 10 minutes.

Next, grease and line da base of a Cake tin with greaseproof paper. Turn mixture into a prepared tin and sprinkle some Almond nibs on top (optional). Bake in da pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes.

Tadaaaa........ let it cool off for 15 minutes before bringing it out from da tin.

O_o Mom wasn't patience enough and right after 15 minutes, she cut out one piece to try. Muahahaha... mom told me that it tasted really good! Tangy and not too sweet flavour while da cake, very spongy!! Anyways, I'd yet to try untill this morning.....

Wow oh wow, mom was right! It was really good, such a moisture, flavourful and yummy cake! Trust me, this's definitely da best Lemon Cake I've ever baked! ;)

Pretty good, there's a Nutrition Facts at da side of da box. Pillsbury, definitely a trusted brand!;)

3 comments:

Mabel said...

pillsbury? i think it's expensive to buy this brand. if i am not wrong, the cost of this cake by using pillsbury mix would be more than ten bucks, right? nevertheless, it's a pretty cake. making me really hungry, plus it's tea time now!

andrew said...

so charm eh?? so lonely, i am mr. lonely too! hahahahahahaha come lah i ajak u go dinner wan o not dun play baking at home lah waste time only :P

Meiyen said...

mabel, ermmm i can't really remember da price of this cake mix but da outcome was really food!!!!!!! yummy ;)

andrew... my bf will kill me if i go dinner with u.. :p