Friday, November 24, 2006

They Just Look!

Yesterday night after dinner, I accompanied mom to 1 Utama and it was drizzling back then. We managed to park our car at da old wing open space car park area, locked da car and we walked in to da entrance. As said, it was actually drizzling and I was trying to close my umbrella before going in to 1 Utama. Before I could close my umbrella out of sudden I heard....

"'Pang, Plang.. Pangggggggggg.. Plaaaaaaaanngggggggg"

and I thought it must be a car accident and when I turned back and look, I was O_o, O_o...

It wasn't a car accident! One "ang-moh" old lady fell down!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Oh my god, I quickly ran to her and tried to help her up but she was totally in pain!!!! and da worst thing could ever happen......

Others just looked at her and looked at me! There were a few couples around, a few guys and mens around but nobody came to help! @!#%%&^^* Damn it.....

She was in pain and I kept asking her if she was okay and she kept telling me, "Oh dear, da floor is slippery!" and I think she mentioned that to me more than 5 times! :(

She had a lot of stuff with her, mostly all da grocerries I think and everything just flew off everywhere on da floor and nobody came to help and they just LOOKED! My mom witnessed da whole scenario and she was very angry too! How can people just stand there and LOOKED?!!!!!!! I wonder if they ever have a thought that what if da person who falls, someone close to them?

!$#%$&^* Arghhh... sometimes I really think that some humans are really heart-less and cold-blooded :(

Anyways, after awhile, she managed to move and I carried her up. I kept asking her if she could walk and she tried.....

Thank god, she was able to walk but I knew that she was definitely in pain. I helped her to pick up all da grocerries that flew everywhere on da floor and I thought to carry those stuff for her back into her car but she told me that she could do it. She was so touched that she kept telling me that I am such a nice gal and express her gratitute to me but I was more afraid that she couldn't walk, so my mom and I didn't dare to go inside da mall until she finally managed to go inside her car.

and... guess what? Those people just LOOKED! Arghhhhhhh.... they didn't even help to pick up da stuff that flew everywhere on da floor. All they did was just LOOKED! Bad, bad, bad!

So people, next time if you happens to be alone and fall somewhere outside, please do prepare that nobody will ever come and help you unless a good samaritan pass by. Otherwise, you know what people will do, they will just LOOK!!!!!!!!

15 comments:

alice said...

poor lady! as usual lah... malaysians, talk no.1 do that time totally FAIL! i tell you lah.... malaysia tak boleh at all ok! but nevermind, the lady was lucky that you passed by and carried her up. my mother once being pushed and her hand bag was snatched. she fell down and those passers by just watch also. her hand was bleeding and she got to walk home all by herself :( you know lah.. aunty aunty don't have hp so what to do? walked home slowly. so teribble!

Meiyen said...

O_o so sorry to hear that.. hope that your mom is all okay now.. as i mentioned, i have to be prepared that when i am alone and if i accidentally falls down, that's it.. i must help myself and not by waiting for people to come and help me.. :(

mama bok said...

Thank God..! you were around..! that "ang moh" very lucky..! but bless your heart..!! you are very kind hearted. I am sure.. "someone" up there will take note.. of your good deed.

Meiyen said...

mamabok, awwwww that's so sweet of you :) i always believe that what goes around, comes around and i always prepare for da worst.. imagine that this incident happen to my family members or my friends and nobody help out... oh god, i just don't know what to say... :(

Lynn said...

What to do, in our countries, there are lots of snatch thiefs around, robberies, cheater and the lists go on and on. Till a point we wouldn't know who is sincere and who isn't :)
In fact, there is times when some stranger ask about directions, we are afraid to show them...whether they will hynotize us or something...if u know what I mean :)
Again, I guess all human are just afraid. Frankly, I don't see all this in other good countries. And I guess the government just have to do something with it, if not, we just have to be careful and help ourselves up :)

J said...

That was very kind of you to help her out....
:)

Sadly, the whole disease of indifference is a global phenomenon - not just happening in Malaysia..

I remember very clearly hanging off the side of a sorta cliff on a snowy slope in Australia, shouting for help and these bunch of gwailos nearby just gave me that "one kind" sorta look and continued walking by.

Hmmph.
Idiots.

Luckily my friend came running when she saw me and helped pull me up.

Meiyen said...

lynn, true enough but it depends on situation i would say :) and yes, it's seriously not too safe to stay around here anymore and i sense that many of my family members and friends are leaving to another country! now i know why :(

Meiyen said...

j, O_o lucky thing that your friend was around! i guess only those who experienced before will know how bad it's by not helping someone who's injured.....

Lynn said...

Yeah, I agreed!

Not just happening here in Malaysia, but at least not so much of robberies, rape cases and snatch thiefs in Australia, right?

Then again, they have "White Australian Policies", we have u know what policies, "Bumi...tra Policies"! :)

The bottomline is, everywhere is the same lor...we just need to be extra careful in Malaysia. :)

Yeah, MeiYen, U are such a helpful girl, a big hug for u :)

babe_kl said...

dats the right thing to do meiyen. bravo! very rare to find helpful msians.

in fact it happened to me too, there was this old lady sitting in the middle of the pedestrian crossing on jalan silang. i actually crossed d but i looked back wondering why this beggar sat down there. in actual fact she is no beggar when i took another look. i quickly rush there to help her up together wid her plastic bags and a small luggage bag. so kesian you know, her tau paued mixed rice fell out and half the content oredi spilled on the road. i closed back the container and faster help her to get to the 5 foot way. sat her down at the road curb, then she told me her legs buckled and fell down. meantime, those who saw this merely stood there and WATCH!! damn them! sum more dare to say unpleasant things about her like being old d shouldnt come out by herself blah blah blah... well we all do get old one day... sigh.

Meiyen said...

lynn, *5! in australia, it's rather different.. da australians need no lawyers at all as da citizens has got every right to be a "laywer" ;)

Meiyen said...

babe, yes yes!!!! bloody idiots... never help somemore wanna say so much ! bad, bad, bad! exactly, we all do get old one day...as i always believe, what goes around comes around..... we can't shout or yell at people for not being helpful though but why being an idiot when you can actually help right.... so pathetic! oh babe, you are definitely a kind-hearted person too... thank god, there are still heart-full ppl around :D

Anonymous said...

Hiiiii fren,

I'm glad that we haf a sensible Malaysian gal like u.... to help out...

I oso dun understand why people just look, and never bother to lift a finger... Irks me....


Just the other night I was having dinner wif a pal (nice chap), after leaving the place, there was a couple -late 40s/earli 50s struggling to lift guy's mother's wheelchair (70s??) while his wife held the umbrella.
I straight away went to help them lift it up to the walkway. My guy fren was just standing there.
I WAS ... BEYOND WORDS...
I'm so thankful that my parents always taught me n siblings to help out....
so...so... Thankful.

Pam@foodyumz

Jackson said...

So cool to know that there is still a preety + helpful girl in this world!! Totally agree with you Meiyen, i hate those ppl who only know how to "help" with their eye! The "ang mo' was lucky because u r there! Next time anything happen n need help especailly when u in One Utama, give me a call! Im there almost every weekend..hehe

Meiyen said...

pam, exactly and am glad to know that there are still kind-hearted people around like you!!!*applause* :D
somehow, i think that we lose nothing being helpful but of course it depends on situation isn't it? with a little help from us, we may save someone's life ;)

jackson, i am sure you will do da same thing too if you you were there :) ohhhhhhh... hang out in 1u almost every weekends huh? same same :p