Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dinner @ O & S Restaurant, Paramount Garden

One night when were around Petaling Jaya area, we were somehow unsure what to have for dinner. We toured here and there from Ss2 to Seapark, to Paramount and we finally settled down at O & S Restaurant, Paramount Garden for their famous Banana Leaf Hokkien Hor Fun. Wait a minute, it is Hokkien Mee that they are famous for? Tell me about it as I am not really sure though.....

I hardly eat Hokkien Mee or Hokkien Hor Fun so I can't really judge whether it's a good one but to me, this's consider da best and somehow da only place I go to if I am craving for Hokkien stuff. Before I forget, this Hokkien flat based rice noodle is priced at RM 5 per plate as we asked for da smallest version. I must say that it was very good and I think that da cook did flambe da Hor Fun very well which gives da Hor Fun da characteristic smoked flavour.

Besides da Hokkien Hor Fun, darling ordered da Cantonese Style "Yin-Yong", a combination of Hor Fun and Crispy Bee Hoon. Also priced at RM 5 per plate, I think that it wasn't too good except for da texture of Hor Fun as I didn't get to taste da Crispy Bee Hoon at all! However, da gravy was darn nice, soupy and flavourful!

Next rave is da Grilled Beancurd. Darling ordered 2 pieces and I think it costs less than RM 5!

No complaints at all, crispy on da outside and juicy inside! If you are not aware, da Grilled Beancurds are actually stuffed with lotsa shredded Cucumbers, Beansprouts and yummy Black Sauce! Delicious.....

Apart from that, we also had da Grilled Stingray. Priced at RM 12 per pc, I find it really cheap cause da Stingray was huge! Dip with da given Chillie sauce and squeeze lime juice into it, whoaaa yummy yummy!

If you want some good Hokkien Mee or Hor Fun around PJ area, this's a place to go to with some other choices like Grilled Fishes, Grilled Beancurds, "Kang Kong with Cuttlefish" and Satay around, it will definitely be a good place for dinner.

4 comments:

boo_licious said...

Must admit we only seem to eat at O&S during the daytime. Yet to try their night time Hokkien Mee. Looks good.

Meiyen said...

boo, i like da daytime "yong tau fu" at this place! :D

team bSG said...

I was told by a nearby resident that this place, other than their famous prawn mee is also famous for many other dishes such as fried CKT, mamak rojak, yong tau foo and of course that hokkian mee. The boss still hiding inside da cubicle counting his millions ah ?

Meiyen said...

teambsg, yeahyeah.... da mamak rojak operates by one aunty at a corner there is good! we usually go to this place on sunday for their "yong tau fu" cause my parents love it! and..... YES!!!!!!!! da boss will never leave that special cubicle i bet...:p