Monday, December 04, 2006

Frog Porridge @ Jalan Alor

Oh no no, it's Monday again! Sigh.....

When I thought that last weekend was supposed to be a great one, it turned out to be a tragic weekend for me! Damn, I was attacked with diarrhea and vomiting non-stop throughout Saturday night and Sunday morning as early as 3am-4am! :( Yeah, most probably it was a food poisoning due to da excessive intake of Sunflower Seeds on Friday midnight I guess. Trust me, it was teribble! As I wasn't feeling too well, da unusual me craved for Porridge yesterday night!!!!! Well, it was rather one abnormal craving and darling was O_o cause I told him I wanted to eat porridge only. Yeah, nothing that I wanted but porridge? O_o No doubt, he was very happy knowing that I wanted to have Porridge and soon after that, he brought me to Jalan Alor for Frog Porridge!

Believe it or not, it was my first time to Jalan Alor. Yeah, I know... shame on me! :( I was very shocked when I saw da crowd along this road, soooooooooo happening! However, darling mentioned to me this is not a suitable place to bring me for dinner as he said said that this place is rather complex and when I got home, I told mom that Jalan Alor has got lotsa food around, she somehow disagree me going there. When I asked why, da same answer that I received from my other half. Mom just said, "This place is complex, you shouldn't go there too often!" Hey, I thought that's not fair, I see nothing wrong with this place but I just don't know why mom and darling said so. Hmmmm.... well who cares, I wanna go back again to try other stuff as I saw lotsa yummy-licious food around here!!!! Just too bad, it was a bad timing that I couldn't take other food yesterday night, or else it would had been a Hawker Stall Buffet Session for me!

Jalan Alor, da happening street with lotsa food and food and food!!!!!!

Back to da Frog Porridge......

An exotic culinary journey, da stall that sells Frog Porridge located @ 36, Jalan Alor ;)

Hmm.... my other half looked kinda familiar with this place that he just ordered without asking much! He ordered one pot of Plain Frog Porridge, mostly Frog's legs and it tasted really good! Whoaa.... I loved it so much! Da porridge was thick and warm enough while da Frog meat was so sweet and tender! Hohohoho... must say that it was da best Frog Porridge that I ever tasted! ;)

Here comes da specialty of this stall. Earlier, darling did mentioned to me that their "Kung Pou" Frog is very famous and he said that I must try this. So, I tried and I was speechless! Boy oh boy, it was heavenly good! I suspect that this "Kung Pou" Frog Legs were cooked with a dash of Chicken Rice Wine as it tasted real yummy! At first, I wasn't too sure how to eat this but after one good explanation from my other half, I found da answer! You see, apart from da Plain Frog Porridge that we ordered, we ordered another Plain Porridge (tasteless) too. With da Plain Porridge, da "Kung Pou" gravy was then poured into it and add in some Frogs meat, have a sip and you will be able to get da Oooommpppphhhhh sensation! Absolutely delicious!.....

Besides da Frog Porridge, darling ordered one plate of Oyster Omelette too from da next door stall. Hmm... this Oyster Omelette was rather different with those that I had before at other places as it was crispy like a Pancake while da Oysters were somehow placed separately from da Omelette! Not bad at all.....

Right after da meal, I felt a burning sensation inside my tummy!!! O_o so darling mentioned that it's best to drink this "Kam-Kat" to clear da heat. So, I tried and well, it did managed to cool down my tummy for awhile though.....

Well, well, well, I must say that this's a place that one must visit especially for this Frog Porridge . Oh before I forget, da Frog Porridge and Drinks somehow costed us only RM 18 while da Oyster Omelette costed us RM 8! Wasn't that cheap? Try it yourself and you will know how delicious they are ;)

15 comments:

J said...

Woi!
Not feeling well, some more go and eat so much??
Notti girl....
:P

Haha....
Seiously though, you poor thing... I hope you're feeling better now.
:)

Jackson said...

wowowow.....i love their porridge!!! The froggie was so fresh and i alwiz ask them to put more ginger for me!!! Yum yum....i miss the porridge!! oohhh.....u n yr boy boy like to eat " ye chuk " ho....hahaha....

Meiyen said...

j, haha..thanks! i am all okay now :)

jackson, yeahyeah da frog meats were so yummy!!! hmm..what's "ye chuk"?

toniXe said...

frogs r great, taste like chickens right ( only better ) !

ya da place v complex ( dats why u must know oni little bit )...

4 more check with .....

hehehe

andrew said...

alamak.. u dono what place is this? duhhhhhhhhhh alot of ayam around here lah and of course also some big head peoples lah.. not too safe for girls to go alone ok? with guys still ok lah i think but your guy is right decent gals dun go is wise!

Food Binger said...

'Ye' mean late nite, 'Chuk' porridge in canto. Jackson implying dat u guyz love to eat porridge as a late nite snack/supper.

I love the texture of frog leg, and its not tough on one's teeth. My mum says frequent consumption of frog leg can help one run faster. I doubt its true. Meanwhile,keep the reviews going.

Meiyen said...

tonixe, yeah... definitely much better! so... should i check it out from you? :)

andrew, O_o goodness that's rude! of all things, "ayam"? decent gals can't go? my oh my, sounds really bad!

food binger, now i know! but we didn't go there for supper, it was dinner time though :) wow, i didn't know that by eating frog legs one can run faster! ekekekeke... anyways, thanks for visiting and i shall try my best to keep posting ;)

babe_kl said...

hope u r better now meiyen but i guess shld be ok by now since you can eat kung po frog already haha

hmmm i must be a true kl gal cos i never felt intimidated in jalan alor :p hey check out the grilled chicken wings opposite this porridge place. look for WAW or Wong Ah Wah.

Jackson said...

Thx food binger for explaining on my behalf....hehe...can run faster after eating frog leg? Can it help me to make my leg stronger? Coz i did a lot of steps class...

alice said...

frog porridge! waiseh...u dare to eat so exotic food eh? salute u.. i dare not lah, scary leh :S

toniXe said...

ok ok this place was and is still famous for sleezy bars and brothels of the low grade variety.

But now more famous for hawker food. Nothing to worry one !

Meiyen said...

babe, yeah feeling so much better now! infact, i think i am all okay now :) oh i did saw da WAW chicken wings.. da one at da corner shop right? just too bad that it wasn't a good timing as i wasn't feeling too well that day! nvm, i shall be back ;)

jackson, O_o steps class?!!!! not bad, not bad!

tonixe, exactly... i seriously think that there's nothing wrong with this place.. just that i am not too sure why i was being informed that way :)anyways, i still wanna go back and try other stuff... ekekekekeke

Meiyen said...

alice, ermmmm..scary? don't know what to say then..but it's ok for me and i like it very much! :D

Anonymous said...

really mei yen...
what yr mum and bf said is true...it's beeen a few decades that jln. alor been label as the place for chicks to live and pimp to find potential victim...no joke!!

if u must go there...go with yr bf or those u trusted only....

the last time i go there...i even saw drug addicts getting a fix openly...that scare me the hell out of it!!

so don wonder around yrself cos u r a yst(young sweet thing) as the pimp label u!!! hehe...

Meiyen said...

anonymous, O_o my god! that sounds so scary.... anyways, i will take down your advice, thanks alot! :D