Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gridiron Gang


Yesterday, we were at Sunway Pyramid to catch da special screening of "Gridiron Gang" where I won 2 passes from Cinema Online ;) Yes, again!!!! :p

Anyways, going down to Sunway was a havoc as it was supa dupa jam along da LDP way and it made me soo soooooooooooo frustrated and out of control that I was sooooooooooooo moody! So, I thought we wouldn't be able to collect da free passes as it was hell late when we reached there, very closed to 9pm! Damn, da movie starts at 9pm okay and we had yet to have dinner!!!!! Me being so impatient asked my other half to drop me in da basement car park while he look for parking but he didn't want to let me down!!!!!! Again, I lose my temper :( Sigh... trust me, nobody wanna stay close to me when I looses my temper moreover it was an extreme one where I almost wanted to jump out from da car okay. After a few roundings, finally he managed to find da entrance and let me down while he went to look for a car park, I quickly ran up to TGV and thank god, da booth was still there!!!! Phewwww.....

I know my other half suffered during that period of time. Darling, if you are reading this, I am sorry :( I didn't mean to reacted in such a bad manner, putting all da blames on you while you just kept in silent and da unreasonable me kept shouting here and there. When you think about my safety for not letting me down, I didn't even appreciate it but in return, gave u some harsh words. Well, think about it, who knows that it would be that jam right? My bad..... :( I am really sorry........


Collected da free passes, I called my other half and he said that he managed to park his car and already on his way to TGV. We went for a supa fast dinner @ Genki Sushi. Food sucks or maybe because I wasn't in a good mood? Tell me about it, da Sushi seemed to be tearing, crumbling and breaking here and there while da Ramen that I had came in a very small portion! I remember that it wasn't like that many years ago......

Anyways, enough of that and come back to "Gridiron Gang", I must say that this's definitely an absolute must see movie. Great story and great acting by Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) where he plays Sean Porter in this movie while Xzibit plays Malcom Moore. Dwayne definitely does a great job as da story is well told and keeps your attention throughout. Da beginning of this movie is rather violent and depressing as it shows you what these kids went through and that's where Dwayne and Xzibit come into da picture to help these kids, a group of young juveniles turn their lives around by playing football.

I tell you, I am a person who hardly sobs while watching movie in da cinema but this movie somehow had too many attempts at tear jerker moments. Awwwww it's just so cheesy that I couldn't even remember how many times I'd actually shed my tears throughout that 2 hours! Da story is uplifting to most and I am sure I wasn't da only one sobs inside da cinema. This's a story of hope, it tells people that everyone deserves and gets a second chance and that they need to take advantage of it when they get it.

Actually, I am glad I saw this movie as it reminds me that there's still room for improvement in my life to grow up and become a better person. Da story really touched my heart and my soul. After all da dramatic moments that happened before da movie, it was all worth it though.....

4 comments:

ben said...

wai no fair!

how did you manage to watch this movie when it's not even in the cinema? which cinema starts screening already? i waiting to watch this show until neck also grow longer

alice said...

wahh u dun look that ganas do you? ahhh i know! it's a reflection before watching one ganas show i bet (kidding) bleh

Meiyen said...

ben, oh.. it was a special screening.. i remember i did mentioned that :p anyways, i think today is da official screening of this movie.. do check it out ;)

alice, that's a funny one :) at times, i can be really violent ;)

alice said...

haha so it is so true that never ever step on womens' tail :p