Monday, December 11, 2006

Mangotree (The) Restaurant @ Bangsar

Last Friday, darling brought me to Mangotree (The) Restaurant @ Bangsar. For your information, this Restaurant actually operates somewhere around da housing area, in a bunglow, opposite UOA (not too sure about it but I did saw UOA letters there and it seems like it's a Volkswagen Car Showroom :p) and very close to Maybank building.

Dining at this place bring back lotsa fond memories of ours though. Darling and I had lotsa 'first-time' celebration dining here ever since we be with each other and it's still continue da way it should be, a very special place for both of us :)

There's a very huge Mango Tree inside da compound of this Bunglow, that make sense why it's call Mangotree (The) Restaurant :)

Outside view of Mangotree (The) Restaurant

Inner look, perfect ambience for lovers who want some privacy while enjoying good food!


Some pictures of ours before da food is served.....

Moi charming Darling, always! :)

Moi, cheerful and happy, always will be! :D


Here comes da yummy-licious food.....

We kicked start with Ciabatta Roll (RM 8). Loved it, soft, crusty and warm!

Definitely at its best dipping da Ciabatta into one fragrant Olive Oil...

Next, we had Mushroom and Herbed Fish Soup (RM 22). Da Soup, served with some grated Gruyere Cheese (a kind of Classic Cheese from Switzerland) and Garlic Aloll was absolutely tasty! Thick and creamy, just da way darling and I love it :D

Darling and I with our Mains :)

For Mains, darling had da Slow Baked Crusted Harimasa Kingfish and Basil Roasted Scallops (RM 59). Well, definitely not too cheap for a fish serving but it was all good especially da Scallops as it was darn huge, fresh and flavourful!

That night, I was having one unusual craving. For that reason, I had Supreme of Chicken (RM 49). Chicken? Frankly speaking, I would hardly order Chicken and Rice when dining out but not too sure why that night I wanted to have it so badly :p As you can see from da picture, da Supreme Chicken was actually stuffed with some Garlic Parsley Butter on a bed of Cilantro Flavoured Pilaf Rice. One word, delicious!

Zoom in, a better view of da stuffed Chicken. Yummy, yummy!

Hohohohoho.... time for Dessert!!!!!!! ;)

I had da Cafe Latte Cheese Cake with White Chocolate. Oh my god, not cheap, RM 25 okay! But...... but..... but.... it was really worthy I must say. Definitely da best Cheese Cake I ever had! So smooth, so cheesy, so chilling, so good, so delicious, so yummy, awesome!!!!!!! :p

Darling ordered da Tiramisu (RM24). So far, da most expensive Tiramisu we ever had. We were really amazed as after so many years, this Mascarpone Cheese layered with Lady Fingers dessert still at its best! My oh my, it was heavenly good!

No doubt that dining here will cost you a bomb but to us, it's rather different. As I mentioned earlier, this's a very special place for darling and I, now and always will be :)

Darling, thank you for da dinner and I appreciate it very much *muaKs* :)

11 comments:

Meiyen said...

hi people, sorry that i've to delete all da comments before things at its worst as some of the da comments are terrifically outrageous. sorry that if my post offends some of you but i believe that this blog is mine and i've da right to post whatever i want :)

J said...

Oi...
My comment also you deleted ah?
... but I didn't say anything mean/ insulting, did I?
:(

Meiyen said...

j, nonono! of course you didn't but i just want to be fair and you know, sometimes you just can't please everyone... not that i am a god right... so, best is to delete all of them... :)

J said...

No worries! - I understand...
:)
(Hope that this whole drama didn't stress you out - I didn't see what the "outrageous" comments were but they must have been pretty bad for you to do this)

Meiyen said...

j, no worries! i am all fine ;)

oh well, what do you think towards comments like...

1. about my face feature? i thought my parents give me this feature.. so does it really matter to them i wonder...

2. out of nowhere, there was this "You're Beautiful" lyrics/song commented...

3. out of sudden, someone started to comment about my handbags, about my outfit....

HILLARIOUS!!!!! :p

well oh well, whoever trying to piss me off, they just failed to do so i would say... seriously, shame on that person! :)

team bSG said...

sorry I m late, so wat did I miss ?

too many admirers is it, da song ah ? ( yes you are ! )

who can blame you ......

Meiyen said...

teambsg, :p oh yes you are late! too many admirers? doubt so and bout da song, i never admit i am but somehow there are some people who really dislike me and condemn to da maximum O_o as if i've done something really bad.....

alice said...

aiyak u oso deleted my comment wo :( but i did managed to see that insulting comment and i 100% sure har this person is a girl and that she is just being one green eye monster oni.. u know lah when a person ngm tai tak one person har this kind of things will happen.. dun ya worry & bother that. is true, shame shame on her ohhh

alice said...

teambsg is so correct! nobody can blame u because you are born that leng haha

J said...

Poor you...
Some people are just too free, don't you think so?
:)
Well,... I hope you're feeling better now.

Meiyen said...

alice, didn't mean to delete your comment but i just wanna be fair only.. hope you won't mind yah! anyways, it's all over... let's forget bout it yah! :D

j, yeah... it's crazy! thanks alot! *hugz*