Thursday, December 07, 2006

One Day Cook

Darling and I realised that we'd been eating out too much recently and we decided to cook on our own! Yeah, don't be surprise that my other half can actually cook and I must say that he looks like one great cook eventhough that's not his profession :p

Getting ready to cook!

Our Appetizer, Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms. Ooooo.... I must say that this's absolutely my favourite and I find it quite easy to prepare too. But... I wasn't too sure if I did it in a correct way as I had no recipes with me. Anyways, what I did was wipe da Mushrooms clean and remove da stems. Drizzle some Olive Oil all over and season with some salt. Chuck in some chopped Capsicums and Ham Bites, covered with pre-cut Cheddar Cheese and grilled it! Though I know that I did it unprofessionally, but da outcome was good! All yummy :D

We had one big bowl Campbell's Cream of Celery. Errr... not too sure how darling cook this but I think he did add in some water and boiled it. Not too good as it was way too salty for me, just couldn't take da saltyness of soup without breads :(

We also had some Mixed Vegetables (Broccoli, Carrot, Multi-color Capsicums). Easy peesy job! I am sure everyone can prepare this ;)

I am a nerd when it comes to cooking meat! So, I leave it to my other half :p We bought da ready-marinated Shoulder Lamb from Cold Storage so it was kinda hassle-free though. Not too sure how my other half cook it as I wasn't in da wet kitchen at that time and I suspect it was a Grilled Lamb. Whoaaa..... da first bite out of it, so yummy! Da meat was so tender and juicy, not hard at all! Tell me about it, do you think that it was because of da ready-marinated effect or....... da way he cooked it? ;)

While darling busy with his Lamb, I prepared Arrabbiata Sauce with Seafood for our Pasta ;) Again, not too sure if I did it correctly :p First, I stir-fried da Seafood, a mixture of Tiger Prawns , Squids, Clams and Mussels with some Garlic and Olive Oil. Right after that, I poured da Arrabbiata Sauce into it, heat it for awhile and at da same time, I cooked da Angel Hair in another hot pot for few minutes.

Tadaaaaaa....... my creation of Angel Hair Seafood Pasta with Arrabbiata Sauce ;) Slurrrpppp... yummy yummy! Loved it :D

For Dessert, we had this...

Kind of a Yule Log Cake. Awesome, loved it!!!!! :D


Looks like it was kinda fun to be a one day cook! ;)

10 comments:

J said...

Wah lau...
A 5 course meal!
(Appetizer, soup, meat+veg, pasta AND dessert...)
O_o

So much lah Mei Yen....
Haha.....

BSG gang said...

dis one come up flom da Wheels Rest. right,looks very appetising.

how 2 go wats da direction ah ? tq

Meiyen said...

j, alot huh? what to do...we are big eater..:p :D

bsg gang (tonixe), aiksss...you change your username? how did you manage to do that? O_o

teckiee said...

thats log cake looks really good

Meiyen said...

teckiee, yah very nice.. you can get it @ cold storage ;)

Jackson said...

My god!!! Yr hubby is a great cook la!!! Im eyeing on yr Protobello Mushroom with cheese!!! I 'm a mushroom and cheese lover and for sure i will love this simple dish! Thx for sharing the recipe ya.....And da meat is tender? Wow, u two r genius cook la, do u know even some of the restaurant selling a "kayu" like texture lamb chop!!! Good job, but make sure im the 1st guest you will invite next time both of u cook!! ok?

Meiyen said...

jackson, such a sweet comment!!!! thanks alot ;) oh by da way, he is.... at least better than me :p

alice said...

Waiseh ganas lady can cook too? hahahaha i am surprise but i know you can bake lah didn't know you can cook also. Oh hey, i like that mushroom is that really that easy?

team bSG said...

temporarily change profile only !

Meiyen said...

alice, errrr....i just know little bit here and there about cooking cause i've got a great passion to bake but not to cook :p about da mushrooms, errrrr that was what i did not knowing whether right or wrong :p

team bsg, icicic ;)mind to tell me why? ekekeke...