Monday, January 15, 2007

Izzi Pizza, Pasta & Coffee @ Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL

Apparently, I'd been wanting to try Izzi Pizza, Pasta & Coffee @ Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL weeks ago but I was just too busy and lazy to drive down to KL. Anyways, darling and I managed to drop by this eatery last Friday and I must confess that I kinda like this place :)

Fyi, Izzi is currently having a special promotion whereby if you are a Maybank Credit Card holder, you are entitled to get 50% off on Food and if you are a Citibank Credit Card holder, you are entitled to get 60% off with one condition that is, your bill must reach up to RM 100.

So, ladies and gentlemans..... you sure know what to do right? 50% and 60% off okay and please do go before 31st of January 2007!!!! Oh, I must thank Honey Star for this valuable information or else I wouldn't have managed to visit this place that soon :)

Please be warned that you may get really shocked to see da amount of food both of us had that night as our intention was to get da 60% off promotion :p

We started off with Salad Mayonnaise and Macaroni. Priced at RM 10.80, it was served in a mixture of Carrot, Corn, Tomato, Lettuce, Crouton and Green Bean tossed with Macaroni in Herb Mayonnaise. Simple and tasty, pretty good!

Frankly speaking, I would never order Deep Fried Calamari as a starter because I dislike deep fried stuff but surprisingly, it was rather different that night as I was somehow craving for it. Priced at RM 12.80, no doubt that it was crispy and crunchy but we think that da batter was too salty for our liking!

Another starter that we had, Asian Platter. Priced at RM 20.80, it's a combination of "JuHuChar", Vietnamese Spring Roll and "Satay". Well, da "Satay" tasted good but not da "JuHuChar" as it tasted really weird while da Spring Roll was rather fake. Seriously, I don't recommend you to order this starter as I believe that you can have something much better with that price.

To da Mains, we had da Prawn Linguine with Garlic and Red Chili. Priced at RM 15.80, I must admit that I love this Pasta very much as it wasn't oily at all and look at da generous amount of Prawns given, absolutely slurpy!!!!!!!! :D

Next, we had da Sweet & Sour Shrimp with Chicken and Pineapple. Priced at RM 21.80, it was a wok fried dish with Sweet and Sour Sauce, Pineapple, Green and Red Pepper accompanied with a small serving of Steamed Rice. Da sauce was good, definitely towards my liking. Anyways, I would suggest that if you wanna order this dish, do go for da Shrimp version rather than da one we had as I believe that it would be more worthy.

Another main that we had was da Baked Spring Chicken Rica-Rica. Priced at RM 18.80, I thought what a cute name for this dish! Apparently, this's an Indonesian dish where da marinated baked Spring Chicken accompanied with Tomatoes and served with "Sambal" over a small portion of Steamed Rice. For da Spring Chicken, my other half told me that it wasn't too good and that he can have a better one at any other Malay Food Stalls. I can't comment much over this main as I never had dishes like this before but I must say that I absolutely love da "Sambal" as it gave me one fiery sensation! :D

Before I move on to da Dessert that we had, please take note that Dessert and Beers are excluded from da promotion. However, drinks like Fruit Juices, Canned Beverages, Bottled Beverages and Bottomless Beverages are all included in da promotion. So, be smart when ordering ;)

We were somehow sitting near to da Dessert Fridge and da greedy me just couldn't resist to have at least one of them! After much persuation, darling finally allowed me to choose da Dessert that I want and one of them was da Sweet Pleasure which's also known as "Plaisir Sucr" I supposed. Priced at RM 9.90, this five distinct textural layers of Milk, Hazelnuts, Sugar and Chocolate definitely has my vote. I loved it so much that I felt like to have another piece!!!!!

Look, it's so tempting right and I am still drooling all over it now!

Next highlight was a refreshing Dessert, a Raspberry Panna Cotta. Priced at RM 6.20, it was served cold and creamy. Definitely worth to order. Yummy!!!!!!!!

I was rather O_o to see this during my final spoonful of this yummy Dessert and decided to ask da staff what are those and I was told that it was actually da left-over Vanilla Powder. I wonder if that's da truth of it, aren't they supposed to be mixed well rather than to look like this? O_o anyone?

Believe it or not, da total bill for da above food (excludes Dessert) came to RM 47 only after da 60% discount!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you think that it's so worthy?????? So, what are you waiting for? Remember, da promotion gonna end this coming 31st January 2007! Hurry up before da promotion ends.

Other reviews:

12 comments:

wmw said...

Next time invite one of us food bloggers to go out with you and your honey to help eat! Ha ha ha....But I guess then we would be in the way of your romantic evening! ;o)

Precious Pea said...

OH MY GOD!! Dat's a LOT of food for two person!!! The Sweet Pleasure look sooo good leh! Eh, how come you can wallop so many good food yet still so slim? Got secret to share?

Xiu Long Bao said...

dats heaps of FOOD!!!for only rm 47 after discount???

tankiasu said...

I made a booking for Sat's dinner at Izzi's but decided not to go coz can't get 4 ppl. Didn't wanna order a feastful of food like u did, just to get the 60%! :-P Kekeke....you kiasu Malaysian.

MeiyeN said...

wmw, yeah..no problem at all! :D

preciouspea, da sweet pleasure definitely has my vote as it was very chocolatey and nutty :D u think i am slim? O_o u must be kidding.. actually, there's no secret at all.. just that i do work out everyday and practice yoga twice a week for health reason.. with da amount of food i have everyday, it's definitely wise to burn off da fats right.... :D

xiulongbao, yeah...so so cheap and affordable right? but that excludes da dessert we had :)

tankiasu, it's true our intention is to get that 60% off but that of course we make sure that we can finish everything..otherwise it will be so wasteful! food wastage definitely is definitely a no, no to us! :)

RAPTOR4EVA said...

3 starters, 3 mains & dessert somemore? I must say I'd really respect u both for being able to sapu all of it clean. RM47 for good food + quantity is just what I've been looking for!

toniXe said...

aiyo dat one backStreet price lah !
must go now , cannot tahan the naked prawns oredi !

whistler said...

wa.. look very nice. This place is near to my office yet i've never try. How to order RM100 of food in pizza resturant?? I must kiasu a bit, get more people to go to get that 60% discount!

MeiyeN said...

raptor4eva, all da way from japan? thanks for dropping by! :D well, we are big eaters.. that's all i can say :D

tonixe, yeah..go asap and let me know if you like their food :D

whistler, i am sure you can..try not to have pizzas as it makes you bloated hence you won't be able to try other stuff but of course if you go in a group, that's a better way to reach rm 100!:D

Tummythoz said...

wmw, I second your idea! *standing up with hands in air*. meiyen, v just sit next table-lor so our 'lights' won't be too bright.

Jessie Woo said...

wuah ...... saliva dripping *non-stop* (just like baby Janelle)

the dessert is unresistable leh ...

we go la yeah .. hehe

Honey Star said...

heheheh you guys really had alot of food!! Nice place and very very reasonable price rite?

The second time I was there, I was seating near the dessert fridge too.Very bad table, you cannot sit there and not have the dessert! :)