Friday, January 12, 2007

Oriental Cravings @ 1 Utama

Darling and I went to 1 Utama on Tuesday night to attend da preview screening of The Return, complimentary tickets from Cinema Online. Since da show was at 9pm, we decided to have dinner first and this time around, we had it at Oriental Cravings.

Da ambience of this place is pleasant and comfortable!

Apparently, I've been craving for this Rice Wine Chicken Mee Sua ever since boo_licious from Masak-masak blogged about it. However, I didn't manage to try this famous noodle @ Sisters, Jalan Alor which's highly recommended by boo_licious but I managed to have it at this eatery though. Priced at RM 14.90, da Chicken is cooked in sweet homemade rice wine and served along with an Omelette. I must confess that it was really nice and slurpy! :D

While I had noodle, darling went for da Preserved Mustard Cabbage with Pork Belly. This dish is quite famous among da Chinese and we called this as "Mui Choy Kao Yuk". My other half mentioned that it was good as da Pork Belly were nicely cut into chunks and very well marinated. I had a bite and had a sip over da gravy, whoaaa... tasted really good! Perhaps, I hardly have da chance to eat this kind of dishes so, it was really good enough for me though :)

Priced at RM 13.90, da "Mui Choy Kao Yuk" served with Steamed Rice and topped with one pc of Omelette. Well, one pretty good combination! :)

Overall, it was one good meal we had and we will surely return to this Restaurant again :) I would definitely love to try their "Laksa" as I saw many other diners ordered it at that time we were there. No complain, do try it out! :D

Other reviews:

7 comments:

wmw said...

I was going to do a short post at this place too...I think I even sat at the same place you did (based on the angle of pic you took of the place) Hee hee...I tried the laksa. The soup (gravy??) was too thick and it was so rich till I had difficulty finishing it! Dunno whether it was just for that day or it's usually like that.

MeiyeN said...

wmw, wow.....what a coincidence! :D
hmmm..... looks like you didn't quite like da laksa?

tigerfish said...

I wheeled over from Rasa Malaysia's site. Your food pics are yet those that will keep me motivated to come up with something new in my small little kitchen. ;D

Precious Pea said...

I tried their claypot lou shu fun and it came with a layer of lard! I managed to scoop out 1/2 bowl of oil from it...but nevertheless, it tastes quite tasty. Probably thanks to the lard also. Haha.

Xiu Long Bao said...

wow, dis place gets gud reviews from d bloggers. Even tham jiak's pho pho luvs d food ^_^ Must giv dis place a try!

toniXe said...

I love chicken wine mee sua, probably because it reminds me of the Sitiawan red red version !

One of the BSG kaki purposely bought 3 bottles of the red rice wine thing from Pudu area so he could get drunk for RM15 a bottle each ! believe it or not

so one more place to try.

MeiyeN said...

tigerfish, thanks for dropping by and i am so glad to hear that! :D

preciouspea, da staff did recommend me their claypot "lou shu farn" too! but.... 1/2 bowl of oil?? O_o
yikess, i better think twice to order that...:p

xiulongbao, i could see from da menu that they serves different kinds of dishes and you can have it over steamed rice :)

tonixe, sitiawan red version? hmmm.... how does it taste and looks like? hmmm... let me wait for you to review this place yeah.. :D
O_o rm15 a bottle just to get drunk? so, did u get drunk over that red rice wine thingy? :p