Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dave's Deli @ 1 Utama

Da other day when we were in 1 Utama for a movie, we decided to have dinner at Dave's Deli since it has been pretty long ago da last time I had a meal at this place. Got to know that this place is by da same owner of Dave's which's located few steps away and as far as I concern, it has a few branches in KL and da one that I know of would be in Sunway Pyramid, Midvalley and The Mines where they are doing pretty good!

We started off with da Mushroom Soup. Creamy and served hot, it definitely has my vote! I don't quite remember da price for this Soup but I am pretty sure that it's definitely less than RM 8.

I had da Foot Long Sausage which was delicious and it came with a small portion of Potato & fresh Vege Salad. Who could ask for more when this yummy-licious Sausage costs less than RM20? Absolutely my favourite ;)

Darling went for da lips-smaking Pasta Combo-Meal where he chose to have Macaroni with Cheese and Ham. Oh my god, it was so cheesy and so good!!!!!!! Honestly speaking, I'd never try this type of long and skinny Macaroni before so, I was pretty amazed with it :)

Da set combo which's less than RM 20 also came with a side dish and a soft drink where darling went for da Mashed Potatoes which looks really apetizing and tempting. Tastes wise, needless to say, it was all yummy! ;)

Now, I must say that we were really satisfied with da food at this outlet and it taught us a very good lesson that, it's not necessary to go for a high class restaurant to have one simple and yummy dinner! :D

12 comments:

babe_kl said...

dave's was much better during it starting days back in the early 90s or was it mid 90s? there isnt many delis around back. their pies and roast chicken really pack loads of punch. loved their mango and peach lassi! sadly when they expanded by opening up branches and started manufacturing the food from a central kitchen, things start to go down the drain. i havent stepped in for years and i heard recently they've turned non-halal.

Precious Pea said...

The mashed potato look so good leh!!! I love potatoes and I even bought a cookbook all about potatoes..and also becoming to look like one from the way am eating now. Haaha! Next trip to 1Utama, I sure will visit Dave Deli.

Xiu Long Bao said...

Agree wiv u dat dave's food is really gud. Maybe bcus of the thick brown gravy....slurppp!

fatboybakes said...

i used to LOVEEEE dave's deli, but havent been in yonks. glad to know food is still good.

boo_licious said...

Yeah, once they expand, food quality always goes down the drain. Looks like you got a good outlet as I've eaten at this one and their food has been consistently good.

Jackson said...

honestly, never try their food b4 probably becoz of their interior design. Gosh....the foot long sausage look so good!

KampungboyCitygal said...

i alwiz love their lassi..haven try their food for ages..i'll go for it next time since u have given such a good review

Pamela said...

Dave's Deli new menu is OUT ?????

KEWLLLLL!!!! Sis...we shud go there n check it out soon.

Aiyer... was in Parade the other day and they hafn't finished renovating there... Must check wif them liao...

babe_kl: Dave Deli is still halal I think, but dave pizza pasta serves pork in their menu.

MeiyeN said...

babe, they were so famous back then during my college days! used to have meals at da sunway pyramid outlet with my ex-collegemates... miss those time though...:(

preciouspea, hmmm.. you must really try their mashed potatoes then.. i am sure you will love it ;)

xiulongbao, exactly! yummy...

fatboybakes, too many of a newly open rests/cafes that we intends to forget those places that we used to go to right?

boo, true enough but it was actually my first time trying this outlet.. i used to go to da one at sunway pyramid...

jackson, yeah....da foot long sausage is yummy!!!!!!! i love it so much...:D

citygal, never try lassi before... will definitely try it since you mentioned that it's yummy!!! :D

pam, new menu? am not too sure about it cause they don't provide menu to us....but my other half said that on/off there will be different kind of promotions though...

UnkaLeong said...

Blast from the Past. Used to frequent the one it Atria (is it still open) back in da day...Loved their chicken. Mash Potato looks delicious!

Tummythoz said...

As for me, used to frequent the outlet (now closed down) at The Weld, Jln Raja Chulan due to proximity to work place. That was ages ago before the complex's major renovation/upgrading works.

fookiat said...

I used to work there when I was younger.. their menu changed a lot.. I can still remember how to make a few of their dishes though.. haha