Saturday, February 03, 2007

Giant Bowl Vegetarian Restaurant @ Ss2

We usually have no problems choosing da right eatery to have a meal whenever we are at Ss2. However, there was one afternoon that darling and I seemed to be so undecided not knowing which restaurant to go for. After a few minutes of rounding, we finally made a stop at Giant Bowl Vegetarian Restaurant which's located in da same row as Mcdonald. I kinda like da environment of this place with soothing music playing in da background, giving me a very warm and happy feelings.

We started off with da Spicy Mushrooms which was served hot and tasted really good. Da gravy was some sort of like dishes that cook with "Kung-Pou" style. It was actually my very first time to have Mushroom cooked in this way and find it really special, yummy!

Darling had "Pan Mee" in Soup where da noodles are not da same kind that we usually have it outside. We were told that da noodles are originally home made without using eggs to form this smooth and flat noodles. We suspect that it was one kind of a wheat noodles as I remember mom cooked this type of noodles before back at home. As you can see, da Anchovies (Ikan Bilis) aren't real as in they are made of flour if I am not mistaken and they tasted exactly da same like da actual Anchovies. I thought that was amazing!

As for myself, I had "Tom Yam Bee Hoon". Warning, if you can't take spicy food please do not order this. It was so spicy and sour that I sweated all da way while having it. Da "fake" Fish ball was rather special, very spongy and I really wonder how they manage to "fake"it!

For your information, this place do serves Economy Vegetarian Rice and Vegetarian "Ba Ku Teh" as well. Da bill came to be slightly less than RM 30 for da above food and they've got many varieties to chose from be it Rice, Porridge or Noodles. So, if you feels that you do not want to have any meats in your diet one fine day, this's definitely not a bad place to have a decent Vegetarian meal :)

10 comments:

Primrose said...

But I always think that vegetarian food has a bit more carbohydrates, don't you think? Nice anyhow. I like mushrooms...

Precious Pea said...

I agree with Primrose...if I go for vegetarian dishes, I would opt for greens instead of mock meat.

Jackson said...

aiyoyo! the spicy mushrooms really turn me on!

team BSG said...

V seldom take vegetarian food, reminds us of prayers, kanot hhis kanot that and so on.

But I think I'll sneak in to take da tomyam...dun tell the other BSG, TQ

UnkaLeong said...

Wow...looks delicious. *sigh* but as i'll be back during the CNY, I guess they will be closed :( definitely on my to eat list when I am next back home!

MeiyeN said...

primrose, yeaps cause most of them are made of flours....

preciouspea, same same!

jackson, go try it or maybe you can try to cook it on your own ;) i am sure you can do that :D

teambsg, i think you will like da tomyam if you can take super-spicy food :p

unkaleong, thanks for dropping by! i don't think that restaurant will be closed throughout da 15 days of cny....no worries, i am sure you will get to try them out! ;)

Xiu Long Bao said...

i always hav prob deciding to dine at which restaurant or char chan teng at SS2...feel like hopping from one eatery to the other.

boo_licious said...

I keep losing comments and having to retype things. Looks good - so many new places in ss2 that I must go try. Heard that the Nutri Pot place closed down from my friend though.

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, yeah...lotsa eateries around this area especially those char chan teng :)

boolicious, what a pity.. looks like that place is not a good fengshui for nutri pot...

Terence said...

I think your blog is awesome... neat and well written... keep it up! Strange, but I found your site while searching for vegetarian food to eat!.. umm.. I'll must try that big bowl restaurant in SS2.