Wednesday, March 21, 2007

300

We watched "300" yesterday night upon hearing from my good friend that it's a good movie. Thanks, LyeMun! It's definitely one fantastic movie that you must watch, seriously! If you are not aware what's da movie all about, allowed me to explain a little bit of it. "300" is based on da epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, a ferocious retelling of da ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to da death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in da sand for democracy.

This is a movie that revels in a time when men were men and women were women, and da men loved the women but spent most of their time fighting with other men, all dawhile spouting grandiloquent speeches about duty and country and loyalty, and da glory of a "beautiful death" on the battlefield.

From da very first moment, I could see da fantastic colors and da amazing visuals. I got hooked, really! I just loved da way how da film sped up and slowed down at some certain key moments. It was stunning!!! There were moments where da music set in and shivers and adrenaline were running through my body. At that time, I found myself in another world, so real that I thought I was back into that era! Simply outstanding that at some point, I shed my tears.... so touching! Yeaps, da King and da 300 Wariors die in da end, but one of them live to tell da story.

Listen to my words, watch it!!!!!!!! Definitely a movie that you gonna remember for a long long time!

*FAQ for "300"

6 comments:

fatboybakes said...

ooh,must watch. i really like gerard butler. he's so underated.

Xiu Long Bao said...

hei thanks for the review! I hav been eyeing on this movie, wondering if it is worth watching in cinema :)

MeiyeN said...

fbb, yes... must watch! i like him too, very macho and muscular!!! ;)

xiulongbao, oh yeaps... worthy! trust me, you gonna remember this movie for a very longggggg time!

Pink Elle said...

Hey, I just caught it last night! Not too bad and yes, it was very macho and muscular! :D

cookies_cream said...

300 ROCKSSS!!! Spartans!!! Huuu Haaa! LOL. This is a MUST WATCH movie. I feel like watching them again cause it was really cool. All the six-packs guys were awesome too. :P

MeiyeN said...

pinkelle, and charming too..... :p

cookiescream, such a good movie right.... i feel like to watch it another time actually :p