Monday, March 26, 2007

Darling's Birthday Eve @ The Ship, Damansara

On Friday night, we (my bestie, bestie's hubby and I) celebrated darling's birthday eve @ The Ship, Damansara. Apparently, we wanted to attend da KLue Event at Max! Kitchen @ Wines but my other half didn't seem to agree with that plan, all because of a very bad experience during da very first KLue Event at Isthmus. Anyways, no big deal as we did had lotsa fun that night dining at The Ship.

We started off with Seafood Chowder. Credits must be given to them for serving big amount of Assorted Seafood in da Soup. Darling mentioned that da Soup tasted "Chinese-style" and I think that what he said was true, more like a Shark Fin Soup :D

Next, we had Escargots. We only ordered half dozen cause my bestie isn't into Snails. Da Escargots, cooked with Garlic and Parsley Butter offer a truly superb flavour and a chewy texture.

Birthday boy had Half Lobster Thermidor & Chicken Fillet which was topped with Mushroom Gravy and served with Broccoli Spears, Corn on da Cob, Baked Potato, Baby Carrots and Grilled Tomato. Darling fed me a spoonful of da Lobster Thermidor and I find it really yummy!

I remember that each time that we dines together, my bestie's hubby would never failed to order Lamb and this time, not exceptional that he ordered one plate of Lamb Chop which came with Mix Veges, Grilled Tomato and a small portion of Fries which he think that it tasted good! Anyways, however good it was, he did said that this tender Lamby couldn't beat da one he had at Jack's Place recently.

Me and my partner in crime ordered da same thing, a Seafood Platter. Well, we think that we had ordered wrongly. It was more like a Kiddy meal and not for Adults. Salad, French Fries with Fish Fillet which was deep fried, Scallops were deep fried, Crabmeat was deep fried, then there was this Grilled Squid, Grilled King Prawn or was it a Princess Prawn cause it was really tiny :p My oh my, we regretted...... :p :p

Darling's set came with Dessert of Da Day which was a Macha Ice-cream Cake. Well, I didn't like it, enough said! :)

No desserts for us cause my bestie bought a box of little Cup Cakes from Wondermilk and.....

Seemed like we had Cup Cakes feast after that :p Da Cup Cakes really look pretty and nice but bear in mind, they aren't cheap. Minimum order, 49 pieces @ RM 60 and because I wanted a TeddyBear design on da Cup Cakes, my bestie got to pay extra RM 10 for that O_o Hmmm...... and you must be curious to know how good are they right? Well, honestly speaking, I am just telling da truth okay, they are not really delicious, I mean you pay that amount of $$$$$ for its design and that's all I would say :)

Zoom in to have a clearer view of that tiny Cup Cakes ;)

Darling and I with da Little Cup Cakes :D

Da Happy Couples and Best of Friends, as always! :D

Made a wish and blow off da Candle :)

My responsibility to feed? My bestie said so.....

Very funny huh? Thanks to Joe.....

My bestie, my partner in crime! Lol.....

Not bad and da total damage for da above food amounts to RM 320 with a bottle of Red Wine and I must thank my bestie for da Little Cup Cakes by Wondermilk. It was definitely one great night for all of us.....

11 comments:

Jessie Woo said...

Thank You for the yummylicious dinner ... and we really had a wonderful night kekeke ... i go home in the *wink wink* state thanks to the red wine !!

Happy Birthday Bob !! A year older a year wiser yeah !!

Precious Pea said...

The cupcakes look so cute and nice. How to finish?? By the way, my last visit to Ship also ordered their fisherman's platter and ended with a dry throat after the meal.

Cutie said...

Oooh, the cupcakes looks nice. Anyway, does it really taste that bad? A bit pricey actually. But anyway, the most important thing is that you guys had an amazing time celebrating the wonderful day. Wish him happy birthday for me k!!!

Primrose said...

Wow, full seafood meal, eh? The cupcakes real??? They are soooo cute. Did you eat them all? Where can you get them??

MeiyeN said...

jessie, you are most welcome and i think he's wise enough... don't want him to go any further! i am sure you do not want me to complain to you that he "story" me again due to my unreasonable actions :p ekekekekeke

preciouspea, can easily finish them cause they are supa tiny! i think we had 10pcs per person that night and that equivalent to 1 pc of cake, maybe! da rest, we packed home.. :p

cutie, thanks! well da cupcakes not to say bad.. but if you know how to bake, you wouldn't really give a thumb up for that :) pricey yes, but that $$$$ honestly speaking, pay for its design! :)

primrose, oh yes... they are real! very cut and nice but not tastes wise, not up to our expectation :p you can find them here,

http://cuppacakes.blogspot.com/

Tummythoz said...

Cannot recall d last time I visited any of The Ship branches. Nevertheless can remember my fav orders were mango prawn cocktail (or s'thing like that) and seafood platter too. Sad it has deteriorated.

fatboybakes said...

ooh, no more eating in "normal" places for a year now hor, mei yen. wink wink... (at least not when you and boy boy are dating together).

MeiyeN said...

tummythoz, mango prawn cocktail? oooo my cousin love that! da seafood platter... well, really like a kiddy meal, lol :p

fbb, muahahaha.. true, true! let's see when we can go together okay and thanks for that good deal! :D

Jackson said...

yoyoyoyo!! I love their escargots and tom yam kung!!

MeiyeN said...

jackson, didn't know they serve tom yam kung....hmmmm

angie said...

can i know..where u buy the cup cake?? and how many days only can get it??
can reply me to my email.??
tanziling@hotmail.com.
thanks a lot..