Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hong Kong Miu-Kai Restaurant @ Kepong Fortune Park

It has been such a long long time that we wanted to venture into da new Kepong area for food and finally, we managed to drive down there one afternoon. What a big change I thought as there's now Carrefour Supermarket, Jusco Supermarket a.k.a Kepong Metro Prima and I heard that TGV Cinema gonna open one branch over here too! As we drove around da Kepong Fortune area, we found out that there are so many eateries around and one of them is Prince Cafe which has already set a name at da Ss2 outlet and it seems like they've a very good business over here at Kepong too. Since we'd been to Prince Cafe, Ss2, we decided to try out Hong Kong Miu-Kai Restaurant instead which's just located next to them. That afternoon, we were with my parents and to be honest, darling and I were quite reluctant to step in as da place doesn't really looks appealing and not packed at all compare to Prince Cafe but my parents think that it was okay to give it a try. So, we walked in and.....

Mom ordered one plate of Seafood Fried Rice which's priced at RM 8.80. Not cheap but it was a very huge serving. Mom said that da Fried Rice was very good, flavourful and not oily but it was such a big portion that she didn't manage to finish it and da remaining went to darling :p

Dad had Fried Seafood "HorFun" in Soya Sauce which's priced at RM 9.80. To me, it looks more like a Fried "KeowTeow" but dad mentioned that it didn't really tastes like one though. Dad seemed to love his plate of "HorFun" and I believe that it was a good one :)

Darling went for da Shanghai Noodle with Deep Fried Pork Chop. Priced at RM 8.80, darling opt for da Soup version and if you dislike soupy noodles, you can choose to have da Dry version instead. Hmmm... no complaint from him as he said that it was not bad at all! I tried a spoonful Noodle and find it good too.

As usual, da lame me would order Nissin Noodle whenever I am in a Hong Kong eatery. This time, I had it with Ham, Egg and Sausage which's priced at RM 6.50. I think that da price is much higher compare to da one I had before at other places but I remember there were no Sausages though. Well, mine wasn't too good that I find da Soup and Noodles quite tasteless and when I complaint to my mom, my mom just laugh and asked me, "Why you wanna order Nissin Noodle? Just like Maggi Mee only, cook at home better still!" :( I know, I know, I am lame!

We did packed some Dessert like Polo Bun, Wife Cake and Chicken Floss Puff home for my little sista and I tell you, they aren't cheap! Da Egg Tart is priced at RM 1.60 per pc okay! O_o Nevertheless, it tastes good but still, very expensive for a not-so-big Tart!

Overall, food we had that afternoon were all fine and good but da price may not look too good as compare to da next door competitor, Prince Cafe. Actually mom did ordered one "FooChook" Dessert that afternoon but I forgot to take a picture out of it and mom did mentioned that it was really yummy and much better compare to other "TongSui" outlets. If you are around this place or perhaps doing some shopping at Carrefour or Jusco, you may wanna drop by here cause it's just a walking distance from Carrefour.

8 comments:

cookies_cream said...

I do drop by at Kepong's Jusco but seldom dine at those cafes cause whenever at Kepong, my parent would like to eat at steamboat restaurants or "dai chow" stalls. I saw that there were quite a lot of cafes and restaurants opened there. Can't wait to try them out.

Fu chuk dessert? Do you mean "fu chuk yi mai tong sui"? :)

Jackson said...

slurp slurp..eyeing on the fried hor fun...yum yum

MeiyeN said...

cookiescream, it seems like kepong is a heaven for steamboat :p oh yeah, it was da "foochook yi mai tong sui" :p

jackson, my dad said da "horfun" really good.....

team BSG said...

Enjoying yrselves again huh !
Happily good so little expensive neber mind...!

teckiee said...

meiyen: the egg tart nice?

I do agree that Kepong very "wong" already.

MeiyeN said...

teambsg, lol.... :D

teckiee, smooth and light on da egg tarts but i think it's kinda expensive, rm 1.60 per pc!!! O_o

Kok said...

meiyen,
Yea, I was going to ask you, why you always order Nissin Noodles? haha! What flavour you want? I can post it back for you. haha!

MeiyeN said...

kok, haha..no idea! i am lame cause i never eat maggie mee or nissin noodle back at home and when i sees that in da menu eating out, i get so excited and couldn't stop myself ordering it... ekekekeke :p