Monday, March 12, 2007

Marmalade Cafe @ Bangsar Village II

Dad love fruits and he only goes for Berries fruit like Blueberry, Raspberry, Cherry and Strawberry. For da past few years, I had been getting it from Bangsar Shopping Center's Cold Storage Supermarket or from Isetan Supermarket, KLCC but when we found out that da Blueberry seems to be cheaper at Bangsar Village Supermarket, we decided to grab it from there. Since we were there last Saturday, we decided to check out da new shopping area, Bangsar Village II which opened 2 months ago. At a first glance, it was still pretty empty as most of da shops have yet to open but I was kinda overjoyed when I saw that Ted Baker, all da way from London has now open for business! :D Anyways, I didn't manage to step in yet cause darling dragged me away knowing that I've a passion for this brand and that I shouldn't be buying any clothes anymore throughout year 2007 :( Nevermind, I will sneak in one fine day.... one fine day!!!!!! :p

We had brunch at Marmalade Cafe and da place was pretty packed with people, mostly chics with chics. We saw Arianna Teoh and her hubby, Alex Yoong walk in but disappointedly, they walked off cause there were no more tables for them.

My other half was in healthy mode that time hence we kicked off our brunch with a plate of Oceanic Citrus Smoked Salmon tossed with Cherry Tomato, Sunflower Seeds, topped with Lemon and Grapefruit segment. We opt for da light dressing which's priced at RM 14 while da full dressing priced at RM 19. Well, it was definitely a good start for both of us. We liked it alot and it's highly recommended to those of you who wanna eat healthly, especially if you are on diet! :D

We were pretty unsure what to have for our Mains hence we asked for suggestions from da Staff and she recommended us Turkey and Mushroom Quiche which's priced at RM 16. Actually, very seldom that we would order a Quiche whenever we dines out but since it was highly recommended, we decided to give it a try. Well, da Staff didn't disappoint us as da Quiche tasted really good with heavy Mushrooms and Ham filling, very cheesy too!

Next, was da Adventures of Arabia Lamb Kofta served with Hummus, Tomato, Pine Nuts and 2 slices of Pita Bread. Priced at RM 17, I must confess that I did fell in love with it on my very first bite to da Lam Kofta, it was definitely love at first taste! Da meat was soooooooooo tender and juicy that it melted right away in my mouth.

Towards da end of our meal, I was actually pretty over-loaded but da iressistible Dessert kept buzzing me that I gave up and ordered da Tiramisu :p Oo lah lah... one word, delicious! I am not going to say how good da Tiramisu is cause I believe that you have to try it out on your own and judge it yourself. Trust me, it wouldn't disappoint you! ;)

Burppppp.... one heavy brunch we had and very satisfied too! This's a good place for a cuppa, packed with lotsa pretty chics too! ;)

Other reviews:

16 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Tried their Mont Kiara outlet..pasta was soaked with olive oil and salad full of capsicums. Probably we ordered the wrong thing. BUT with the oh-my-god looking tiramisu, I decided to give it another chance..hehehe.

Jessie Woo said...

wey remember wat u promise me adi jor r ..

Kok said...

I wanna try the Turkey and Mushroom Quiche. I like the large amount of cheese on top of the meat.

MeiyeN said...

preciouspea, really? we've never been to da mont kiara outlet but it seems like we are quite satisfied with da food at this branch though... you really got to try da tiramisu cause it's sinfully yummy! :D

jessie, i know i must keep my promise not to buy anymore clothes.. but still could buy shoes and handbags right? :p :p

kok, you like cheesy stuff too? great to hear that! :D i am sure you gonna like this quiche... they've got a few varieties that you can choose from.. hope you gonna try it soon.. :D

myCoffee said...

I love this place when it used to be called GECKO (previous owners). Portions were amazingly huge then. But I still like it now as it is now very easy to find places that serve good salads. My all-time favourite is their Sounds of Havana salad with grilled haloumi cheese (although they weren't as generous with it as before). Try it, it's good! They are famed for their Carrot Cake too.

KampungboyCitygal said...

tried the mont kiara outlet but not this one..seems like its as good as the mont kiara one

Kok said...

yea, I like cheesy stuff. That's why you can see I'm growing fatter! haha! I don't know when can I try it. Maybe end of this year or early next year when I get the chance to visit KL?

Jackson said...

i tried their mont kiara outlet too! Love their quiche so much!!!!

Lianne's Blog said...

Hey Mei Yen,

was wondering if you're going to Martell thingy next week ?

boo_licious said...

I kinda prefer the layout of this outlet vs the mt kiara one. The other one was too claustrophobic for my liking.

MeiyeN said...

mycoffee, i wanted to have da carrot cake too as i actually saw numbers of people ordered that but looking at da supa huge size of it... i decided to opt for da tiramisu.... nvm, will definitely return and try it out soon! :D

citygal, looks like lotsa people been to da one at mont kiara.. maybe da next time i wanna have a cuppa at marmalade cafe i will drive down to that branch :)

kok, come back soon and let's have a food feast then! :D

jackson, it seems like i am so outdated! you all been to da one at mont kiara branch before and not me! :(

lianne's blog, hi there! thanks for dropping by.. don't think that i am going cause citygal couldn't confirm and that boo isn't going too.. i heard that you are going right? hope you gonna enjoy da food there and tell me about it yah! :D

boo, this place is so bright that one could easily snap a perfect picture of its food! :D

Rasa Malaysia said...

Sorry sorry no time to do your assignment yet...hehe, too busy just came back and got sick...even dirty laundry from China still unwashed. kekeke.

MeiyeN said...

rm, no problem! take your time yah.....

Kok said...

haha! Can, can. Your treat!:P

Someone who is constantly craving said...

I visited the outlet in Mt kiara..luv the food out there..gives me the impression i m eating healthy food thus good diet..Rgding ted baker..must be personal preference..but i didnt find anything nice there when i was in london..n its so expensive!

MeiyeN said...

kok, not a problem...make sure you let me know in advance! ;)

someonewhoisconstantlycraving, i find their salads very interesting.. maybe i will drop by da mont kiara outlet anytime soon since so many people rave bout it...