Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Robert Harris Cafe @ 1 Utama

I really wonder if anyone of you at this moment feeling alright with this kind of supa dupa hot weather, with no rains at all! I tell you, I've been feeling freakingly hot and it seems like air-cond has become my best companion now :p

Back to food, I seriously think that darling and I are running out of ideas where to dine when comes to having meals at 1 Utama. Honestly speaking, I am kinda bored with da food at this place but sometimes we have no choice cause that's our frequent hang out place be it to watch a movie or to shop. Anyways, there was one silent night not long after Chinese New Year, we were there for a movie and decided to give Robert Harris Cafe a try. If you are not aware, this cafe is actually located at da New Wing and it's a stand alone eatery, not in a shoplot.

We shared da Mushroom Soup which's priced at RM 5.99. Well, it's definitely not da kind of Mushroom Soup that I really fancy cause it wasn't creamy. I find da Soup watery and diluted but darling told me not to complain much as it's not stated in da menu that it's a Cream of Mushroom Soup so I just had to bear with it :(

Darling ordered a Fish Monaco with Rice. Priced at RM 18.99, it definitely sounds new to me and I seriously don't know what is a Fish Monaco, lol. Anyways, darling's expression showed that his plate of dinner was all good. First glance, it definitely looks like one ordinary Malay rice with Curry Fish but I was all wrong after sampling it. Everything on his place tasted tangy and flavourful with a very special kind of aroma which I think it's really worthy to try this out.

While my other half had Rice, I went for da Seafood Pasta which's also priced at RM 18.99. It was one supa huge serving that I didn't manage to finish all of them and that darling got to finish da remaining Spaghetti for me. Tossed with Tomato Sauce, we think that da sauce was way too sweet that we felt that it wasn't original Tomato Sauce that they used but more like adding Sugar into it. Other than that, it was all okay for me.

There's nothing to shout over da food at this place but no harm trying it out for da very first time. One thing that I don't really understand, why that da prices got to end with 99cents? Hmmm.....

Other review:

11 comments:

Kok said...

Hmmm..the food is a bit too pricey leh. If they can reduce the price, I might consider it. Cause the food doesn't really look so yummy to me.

wmw said...

Yah lah...So hard to think of a place to eat when I am in 1U.

MeiyeN said...

kok, that's true! kinda pricey for a stand-alone eatery... as i said, nothing much bout this cafe.. but it was another choice of ours when we run out of place to eat @ 1u :D

wmw, you face da same problem too! looks like i am not alone.....

Xiu Long Bao said...

no rain? I tot it has been raining heavily these few days :O Btw, since i'm a rice barrel, i wld like to try the fish monaco wiv rice.

Precious Pea said...

Super duper hot during the day but pours like mad during evening. Drink more water ok? I can feel myself with dry throat oledi.

Timothy said...

Of course it's expensive. It's high class ... got style. ha ha. anyway ...nice photos yah .. food looks delicious... that's the most important thing.

boo_licious said...

Yeah, I'm also "sien" of the food in 1U already.

KampungboyCitygal said...

Noticed the place but not so interested with their menu..boring

Someone who is constantly craving said...

Always wanted to try actually..look at the pictures they put..damn yummy 1..now might want to think twice d after your review..

team BSG said...

V come here 4 gorgeous foods now also got great pop songs !hehehe 99sens are for many many good lucks as they mean double pagodas ! ( no not twin towers )

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, surprisingly my area here only started to rain after i complaint...:p think you gonna like da fish monaco!

preciouspea, yeah...hot and dry! but it looks like it has been raining these few days! :D

timothy, i don't really get what you mean by "high class.... you mean da place is classy? but it's only a stand-alone eatery...

boo, looks like we must try to find a way to avoid going to 1u since we are all super "sien" with da food there... :p

citygal, yeah...nothing much about this place but we were really out of idea that time so we thought to give it a try... ;)

someonewhoisconstantlycraving, they are not supa yummy.. but still ok! can try out for sure.. ;)

teambsg, you like that pop song? and.. oh i see, now i know why with da 99cents ;)