Friday, April 20, 2007

B B Ho Steamboat @ Bandar Puteri Puchong

Thank god it's Friday!!!!!!!! Excited cause weekend is coming up but am feeling a little bit extremely restless due to yesterday's exessive work travelling from KL to Senawang, from Senawang to Alor Gajah, from Alor Gajah to Malacca, from Malacca back to Alor Gajah, from Alor Gajah headed down to Batu Pahat and then back to Alor Gajah again, from Alor Gajah travelled back to KL. I couldn't believe it, I actually drove throughout da way as early as 8am and back home at 8pm! *fainted*

Last Saturday, we brought darling's parents out for Steamboat dinner. Initially, we planned to have it at Mizi Shabu Shabu that's highly recommended by Citygal but unfortunately, da place was all packed when we reached there. Of course, we couldn't afford to ask da elderly to go "crazy" with us and join da fun of waiting and queueing right? Believe it or not, it was actually my first time stepping in to Puchong and since Mizi was soooo sooooo crowded, darling decided to tour around that area. Wooo... not bad, so many Restaurants, Cafe and I saw Bumbu Bali too!!!!!!! Gonna try that place pretty soon since that I know where it's located now :D After a few roundings, we decided to make a stop at B B Ho Steamboat Restaurant as I remember that Jackson from ^^Living in Food Heaven^^ blogged this place before and that it was a good feedback from him.

Very fresh Seafood and Veges, big portion too!

Darling's parents like Pork Balls so we ordered another plate of Pork Balls ;)

It will never be perfect Steamboat without my favourite Enoki Mushrooms :D

Priced at RM 13.90 per pax, da Steamboat Dinner comes together with a plate of "BeeHoon", "YeeMee" and Eggs too. Soup based is good with very fresh Ingredients, obviously. However, I didn't quite like da Chili Sauce at this place, da tastes still way behind if I were to compare it with my favourite place, Ketam Seafood Steamboat Restaurant @ Bandar Menjalara. Besides Steamboat, they serve Fried Noodles too but we didn't order them. Jackson did mentioned that da Fried "Hokkien BeeHoon" with Fish was really good during his visit at this place so maybe you wanna order that if you happens to be there :)

Other review:

9 comments:

Jackson said...

wow.....i miss their fried hokkien meehoon with fish meat...drool drool

Kok said...

meiyen,
Unlimited amount of food for this steamboat ah? RM 13.90 per pax is worth the money leh.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Very reasonably priced! I haven't had steamboat in ages!!

Someone who is constantly craving said...

you must hav the qq tofu and the big fat lala there..their speciality!!..

wmw said...

I love steamboat. Funny, for a person who loves spicy food it's the clear soup for me when it comes to steamboat! Bandar Puteri Puchong has lots of places to eat.

teckiee said...

My mom loves this place. Yeahh QQ tofu is a must when eating there. And do you notice that their soup base is way much better compared to any steamboat restaurant out there?

My review at
http://eatfirstthinklater.blogspot.com/2006/05/mothers-day.html

MeiyeN said...

jackson, i saw people ordered that too.....must be really good huh..

kok, not buffet style one.... but da portion is big enough though!

someone, oh really?! thanks for da tips ;)

wmw, yeah.... must find time to discover this place! :D

teckie, yeaps... clear soup, no "ajinomoto" lol...

Rasa Malaysia said...

Oooh, more seafood, I like I like. Man, I miss my seafood, gotta have the fix soon. :)

aycinthia said...

Tried Bumbu Bali about a year ago :) The food is not bad, and the ambience is even better, although no air-conditioning :) Do try it out.