Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Brunch @ Paddington House of Pancakes, 1 Utama

I wonder anyone of you actually reliase that there's one Paddington House of Pancakes @ 1 Utama. Infact, I wasn't aware until my other half told me that they've an outlet located near da green green trees area (new wing) and that they are open from 8am! Since we were at 1 Utama last Sunday for its Bridal Fair, we decided to give a try knowing that it really had been quite long ago da last time we had Pancakes.

Sitting by da window, so peaceful by just looking at da green green grass and trees! I felt so serene..... love da atmosphere at this outlet! :D

Darling just couldn't stop raving over da Sauces provided to us! He absolutely love da Mustard......

Darling and I shared one glass of Ice Blended Blueberry Yogurt. Priced at RM 12.90, very smoothy and sinfully creamy. If you fancy Blueberry, go ahead and order this.... you will never ever regret it! :)

Darling ordered their signature creation of Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Pie with Lemon Parsley Salad and Mashed Potatoes. Priced at RM 17.50, it looks good but tastes wise, it's pretty darn bad! :| It wasn't creamy at all, watery..... in another words, diluted just like pouring hot water into it.. if you know what I mean. Lemon Parsley Salad? Well, where?!!!!! Da Mashed Potatoes, hidden inside.... tastes really really really bad! Saltless and tasteless! Booo hoooooo, sad case!

I guess I was much luckier to order da same old thing once again, Scrambled Eggs and Chipolatas with Double Cheesy Scrambled Eggs, Hash Brown, Triple Chipolatas while da Pancakes topped with Mashed Potatoes and Mozzarella. RM 17.50 for such a generous serving, worthy and yummm yummy!

I know that there's another outlet at Hartamas but I've yet to try out and that da only outlet we visited before this was da one at The Curve. I personally think that this outlet is much better in terms of space, more spacious and not stuffy. However, I found out that staffs at this outlet doesn't carry a smiling face, scary!!!!!!

My other reviews and links:
Other reviews:

14 comments:

Xiu Long Bao said...

the lemon parsley salad?
Parsley on top of the pie; Lemon taste in the pie fillings(?) and Salad at the side. Dun really like this place, the pancakes r soooo expensive!

anne said...

Dono y i juz love the pancakes at paddington almost going there once a week at least. The set you had is my favourite too.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Service with a smile is so important nowadays, especially with new makan places coming up where they realise the value of employees who are knowledgeable about the food they serve and impart that knowledge with a smile.

I've been to the outlet at the Curve...I liked the variety on their menu. Didn't know there was one at 1 Utama! Will check it out when I need some Zen time. :-)

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, lemon taste in da filling? it was really tasteless :( anyways, i think that it depends on what type of pancakes you order cause some of them.... really big portion!

anne, wow... at least once a week? hmm sounds like you really like pancakes :D

lemongrass, exactly.... actually it's okay for me if they don't smile but at least don't show us their blacky face... kinda scary! :| i think you gonna like da atmosphere at this place.. ;)

wmw said...

Yah, I didn't know about the one in 1U too! Thanks for the tip...

Someone who is constantly craving said...

had it one time in hartamas..saw the kitchen staff cook..pretty everything is pre cooked and microwaved..very disappointed..no more for me! esp at that price..

MeiyeN said...

wmw, you are most welcome! :D

someonewhoisconstantlycraving, ooo.. pre-cooked?!!! didn't know that but i think it's quite common even at other famous eateries ;)

Kok said...

meiyen,
The Scrambled Eggs and Chipolatas looks good. Such a large portion they are serving. Not bad, not bad.

boo_licious said...

Yeah, I also avoid this place as I think it's pricey. Only times we ate here was when they first started and when my friend's kids wanted to eat it.

KampungboyCitygal said...

let's forget about the pancakes..hmmmm..bridal fair? eyeing u n bob suspiciously

Jackson said...

i noticed that outlet but never hv a chance to try it out. Well, after yr revies, i guess i won't try then

J said...

I used to love the pancakes there but somehow it's not as nice as when they first opened....
Now they have more variety with their expanded menu but half the things there don't taste that nice.
:(
... and yeah, the waiters/waitresses there always seem to be pretty grumpy!

Precious Pea said...

Bridal Fair?? Congrats congrats, when is the big day? Proposed oledi?????

MeiyeN said...

kok, very big portion! i had problem finishing it.... :|

boo, hmmm ic... now i know that was your last time :)

citygal, :D :p

jackson, no.. no! it's worth trying if you've yet to visit this pancakehouse.... maybe you can have a better one in your menu? ;)

j, my bf said da same thing too! pathetic :(

preciouspea, O_o not yet, not yet... planning only... will surely let you know when da day comes :D :p