Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Great Discounts @ Cafe Serena, Nikko Hotel

I remember that there was one day where I couldn't stop craving for Desserts and to have unlimited Cakes and Chocolates was all I wanted! Coincidently, I saw da newspaper advertisement features 50% off dining at Cafe Serena, Nikko Hotel for Buffet Lunch, Buffet Dinner and Buffet Hi-tea exclusively for Citibank Card Members. Since it was a weekday and we didn't wanna fork out too much money for a weekday dinner, off... we made a stop for its Buffet Dinner :D

Da great discounts really draws a huge crowd!!!!!

Wide selection of Appetizers; Oysters (small kind), Mussels, Prawns, Clams.... yummy!

There were Sashimis, assorted Cheeses (my favourite) and kinds of Hams available!!!!!!!! :D

Love da Ham so much, a great combination with Cheese and Prawn ;)

There was no Cream of Mushroom Soup but a Vege Soup which tasted like 'ABC' Soup :p

Quite a pretty good selection of Salads and Baguettes (sorry, no pics on that).....

Some of da Hot and Cooked stuff; Braised Prawns with Sweet & Sour Fish Fillet

Fried Rice, Tandoori Chicken, Curry Mutton and Mixed Vegetables...

Highlight of da day was da cook-on-da-spot Water Spinach with Squid, really yummy!

Baked Fish in Spring Herbs, creamy and delicious!

Italian style, Pasta, Ducky and another side, Tempuras (not really good).....

Happily eating halfway through.... found a hair on da Tempuras, damn!!!! Yikes..... so unhygiene okay, definitely not my hair cause it was a super short hair strand and darling's hair definitely much longer!

Kinda turned off with that hair strand, I decided to head over to da Dessert Bar :D

Cakes and Pastries were okay, pretty satisfied though... :D

I saw lotsa people went for this Coconut Dessert so, I asked my other half to try it and he said it was yummy!

For Fruits, there were Watermelon, Papaya, Pineapple and best of all, Rockmelon!!! :D

For your information, da Buffet Dinner is priced at RM 98++ per pax and I personally think that if there isn't a 50% off, really not worth to go for it. I am not too sure how long more da promotion going to carry on and when is it going to end so best is to visit this place asap if you fancy Buffet :D

10 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Ewww....just imagine if the lighthing was dim and you busy talking and didn't notice what you put inside your mouth. Happened to me few times, and really turns me off.

Xiu Long Bao said...

At first I was overjoy bout the 50% discount but later when i scrolled to the 'hair' part...i lost my urge to visit this restaurant...yux.

Coketai said...

You have all the food you shown in this update all by yourself!!!?? if yes, then you have my salute!!!
Frankly speaking, 98++ per pax is too expensive.....and the food do not look attractive to me, I rather visit the Japanses buffet restaurant in Starhill.

Tummythoz said...

Didn't complain to the management? Then again, hi prob it came from one of the patrons.

MeiyeN said...

preciouspea, sounds really bad! O_o

xiulongbao, nevermind bout da hair thingy.. go for it! :D

coketai, nopes... was with my other half :D yeah.. not worthy without da 50% off!!!! so, you mean jogoya? been there long time ago, more like a seafood buffet though....

tummythoz, nope.. thought just a small matter cause it happens everywhere :p

Cutie said...

I wanted to go Nikko but then wasn't sure whether it was nice. What do you think of it compared to ShangriLa? If it's worse than shangrila, i don't want to go d... hehe...

MeiyeN said...

cutie, honestly speaking.. if you'd been to lemongrass @ shangrila, you will never like other hotels buffet cause they are da best! i am actually trying to find a place that can beat lemongrass but failed :p but sometimes you get bored going to da same place over and over again right? so no harm trying.. :p

J said...

yuck yuck YUCK!
I hate it when mysterious hairs are found in food....

Well, it's definately better than finding insects (or parts of insects) but still pretty gross....

tankiasu said...

Nooooo...I'm not going to betray my fav Lemon Garden Cafe of Shangri-La!!

MeiyeN said...

j, yeah.... especially a fly!!!!

tankiasu, aikss.... :)