Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Prawn Noodle @ O & S Restaurant, Paramount Garden

Not too sure why I am so hooked eating at O & S Restaurant, Paramount Garden recently and I really wish to try all da food at this place. So far, I've tried da YongTauFu and I absolutely love their Beancurd that stuffed with fresh Fish Paste. Besides that, I've also sampled some of da Assorted "Kuih-muih" and Egg Tarts too which we think that they are quite pricey but tastes okay. As for now, let's move on to da Prawn Noodle stall in which I think this is a pretty good one for those who enjoy Pork more than Prawns! :p Why? For your information, they actually serve Intestines, Pork Ribs, Pig Tails and Lean Pork. So porky right? I personally think that da soup was okay only, nothing much to shout about. Not so affordable as da portion was quite small compare to other places but somehow, this stall managed to get its fame. Throughout my observation, each table definitely have someone having this Prawn Noodle and I really wonder why..... Another thing, you've been warned!!!!!! Do not simply add extra items as it could costs up to RM 9 per bowl of Prawn Noodle!!!!!!!! O_o

14 comments:

boo_licious said...

Must admit that I rarely order the prawn noodles here. Too busy eating my fav chee cheong fun and kuey teow thng.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

My experience eating the prawn noodles here hasn't been that great, but I attribute it to a bad day, coz as you said, lots of people order this particular dish. Like Boo, I'm usually gluttoning on the awesome chee cheong fun here.

MeiyeN said...

boo & lemongrass, looks like i must try da cheecheongfarn da next time i come here! thanks for da tip ;)

Xiu Long Bao said...

RM9 for a bowl of prawn mee??? R they adding scallops n oysters to the nudles?

Someone who is constantly craving said...

9rm is bloody expensive for prawn mee..totally agree..

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, nopes.... all da pig's spare parts only... :p

someonewhoisconstantlycraving, yah.. that's when you add extra items :)

Tummythoz said...

Guess it's more of the Pg version of prawn mee aka Hokkien Mee aka Mee Yoke (Anyone can enlighten me why this name?) Nevertheless, your pic look real good. Drools.

team BSG said...

dis cheerful guy fr Pg is most famous in PJ for his Pg prawn mee and at even RM9 is cheap compared to the Champs ( damn shiok ! hahaha ) fella at Centrepoint Bandar Utama who sells for up to RM20 !

Or maybe you should try his brother downstairs Bernards also damn good for Pg specialities ! then the Beer/snooker/girls...
... u have been warned ok

MeiyeN said...

tummythoz, exactly... porky prawn noodle lol...:D

teambsg, hmmmmm wow sounds like you are a super fan of this stall huh? :p and you think rm9 is cheap for a place like this? O_o i wanted to try da pig's tail version but when i found out that it gonna costs me rm 7, i immediately back-off... :p

tankiasu said...

Kekeke..sounds more like a Pork Noodle with Prawn Broth to me. :-P

Kok said...

meiyen,
Prawn noodle with pork? Err..kinda off. haha!

MeiyeN said...

tankiasu, yeapss.... :D

kok, not that bad actually if you like pig's spare parts :p

teckiee said...

wahhh RM9 ah? i think u kena waterfish la. I eat the prawn noodle there on and off ...add this add that but never reach up to RM9 before. I like the the penang chee chiong fun and the yong tau foo (better than Ampang) there.. superb!

MeiyeN said...

teckiee, no..no... i wasn't da victim... da rm 9 remark, just based on friend's experience having a bowl of prawn mee with all da porky stuff in it.. i think if they wanna charge me rm 9, i will ask them to take it back... :p