Friday, April 27, 2007

Proposal Dinner @ Rakuzen, Hartamas Shopping Centre

First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude to all my beloved readers for all da congratulation notes and all da meaningful, kind wishes to both of us. It's a blessing, really! I am extremely happy and touched, thank you!!!!!!!!! :D

On da day darling proposed to me, I was really on cloud nine and I kid you not :p

Happily ever after :D

Came dinner time, he brought me to Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant knowing that I love Japanese food. This time, we headed to da Hartamas outlet which's located on da highest floor of Hartamas Shopping Centre. Initially, we wanted to drive down town for a fine dining but unfortunately, there were closure of roads for King's Installation da very next day. Anyways, no big deal cause I managed to have a decent meal at my favourite Japanese Restaurant! :D

Hama Sashimi is what we usually order here but that night, darling wanted something different so we opt for Iso Sashimi instead. Priced at RM 75, there's a combination of Toro, Kanpachi, Salmon, Amaebi, Hotate and Tako. OOoooooo soooooo fresh and yummmmy!

We've tried Dragon Roll, Stamina Roll, Unagi & Avocado Roll hence we decided to try something new, a Spider Roll :p For da price of RM 18, we find this Fried Soft Shell Crab roll topped with Flying-fish Roe pretty good! Like all da Rolls we've tried before, it didn't disappoint us :)

Next up, Grilled Scallop with Spicy Cod Roe and Mayonnaise, RM 25 for two pcs. Fantastic, you really have to try this cause it's absolutely creamy and delicious!

Another fabulous dish at Rakuzen, Braised Eel and Burdock (a wild, hardy plant) in Yanagawa-style. Priced at RM 18, this's best eaten with Rice cause da broth is flavourful!

That night, I didn't have my favourite Cha Soba but I went for Inaniwa Udon (RM 22) which was superbly good! Da texture of this Noodle is rather different and I love it! :D

I am always amaze with this eatery, packed even on a weekday O_o No doubt, they really serve very yummy Japanese food! :D

My other reviews:

24 comments:

Jessie Woo said...

Congrats again dear .. oh yeah i forget to say this --> now u dun hav to marry to the wall jor lor :P

Awww *u pinching me*

okok :P

MamaBoK said...

Wow..!! got proposal dinner some more..!! so stylo-malo lah.. your fiance.. ;) lots more brownie points for that guy of yours..!!!

Someone who is constantly craving said...

congrats once again..aiyah married liao eat anything also nice rite?? even if u had to resort to tai chow? haha

Precious Pea said...

Wahh.....my hubby didn't bring me for post-proposal dinner also leh. :(

This weekend i will claim it from him.

MeiyeN said...

jessie, lol..... no banner? :p

mamabok, :D ooo... don't say that, he gonna be over-proud later ;)

someone, not officially yet :p not yet register, date has yet to set... but of course accepted da proposal means i am his 1/2 wifey :)

preciouspea, was that because he proposed during dinner time? :)

kath said...

Awwwww so romantic... So when's the registration and wedding gonna be??

I can see you beaming already ;)

Oh by the way, I added you on Friendster =)

Kok said...

meiyen,
Your short hairstyle suits you what...;)

Again, congratulations! Marry but don't forget to keep blogging! haha!

yami said...

hi~~
Congrats meiyen!!! hope u can share more about your weeding preparation... :P

MeiyeN said...

kath, hopefully by next year... date has yet to set :p

kok, really?? but i think me now look very chubby ekekekekeke....

yami, thanks for dropping by and thanks for your kind wishes! :D

Kok said...

meiyen,
Nolah, not at all. Maybe in photos you can't tell the difference? haha! But cannot be lah. I think your new hairstyle looks good. :)

Primrose said...

You know Mei Yen? It's so ironic. I was *just* thinking of you this evening and was wondering if your other half has proposed because it's 2007 and they say it's a good year for marriages. So I decided to come and read updates today and ***toing toing toing!! boing boing boing***
C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S.!

I'm so happy for you. :) :) :)

babe_kl said...

meiyen, if you're chubby then i considered as ____ (fill in the blank) oredi like dat LOL... btw how did you maintain so slim after all the makan? anyway nice to have finally met both u and bob.

Jackson said...

congratulations again!!!Remember to invite all the food bloggers to yr wedding dinner ya!!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

meiyen, I'm so glad we got a chance to toast the two of you during the floggers gathering. :-) Both of you make a wonderful couple!

Rasa Malaysia said...

Congratulations! You look so happy in the pictures, plus I like your new hair, so nice. :)

Tummythoz said...

Think most guys will say Bob 'spoils market' di. Hehe.
Short hair? Still very long compared to mine. U look good & pls stop all d nonsense about put on weight-lar, chubby-lar etc-lar. U r even slimmer in real life! Wonder where all those incredible amount of food go!

Desperate Mummy said...

Congratulations! I have been reading ur blog for sometimes and happy to heard that u are getting married soon.

www.evaleong.com/blog

Honey Star said...

Congratulations!!! Wishing you guys eternal love and ever lasting happiness! ♥

KampungboyCitygal said...

eat mamak also taste nice..since ur so hang fook n sweet now..hahaha

Kenny Mah said...

Haha, yalar agree wit tummythoz, your darling really spoils the market lah. If I ever get round to that, aiyo how to propose lah?

Seriously though, CONGRATULATIONS again! You two make a lovely couple. I'm glad to have heard the story of the proposal from Bob's mouth himself that night at Sandias with the other foodbloggers.

Catcharound... :)

MeiyeN said...

kok, really? thank you! :D

primrose, thank you! our marriage date has yet to set though but hopefully by year 2008 :)

babekl, me slim? i've babyfats somewhere that you didn't notice that night ;) oh by da way, you look great! young and really a beautiful mommy! :D

jackson, thanks! will definitely keep my promise ;)

lemongrass, oh yeah.... really nice and sweet of you people! :D too bad that it was too noisy that we didn't manage to catch up much.. next time okay? and thanks for da brickfields direction ;)

rasamalaysia, thank you! :D

tummythoz, oh no no... he gonna feel really proud of himself.. let's not praise him too much :p oh by da way, i think it was because i was wearing black... so indirectly, you didn't get to see all my babyfats ;)it was really nice meeting you! so happy go lucky! :D

desperatemummy, thanks for dropping by! you must have hopped from my bestie's blog yah... ;)

honeystar, thank you!

citygal, hahaha.... true enough :p

kenny, hey... thanks for dropping by! it was really nice sitting together that night.. had lotsa fun :D and by da time you need to propose, you sure know what to do and say ;)

Xiu Long Bao said...

moi...where art thou?

Timothy said...

Hey MeiYen .... as lost as I usually am ... so sorry I seemed to be the last one to realise what was going on. But nevertheless, I wish both of you the best of years to come ... many more I believe. And yeah ... the night was really messy .. didn't had much chance to talk. But really nice to know both you and Bob. Hope to see you guys again ....

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, just back in action! been very busy...heavy workloads :(

timothy, no worries! nice meeting you too..... so i shall wait for your "charkeowteow" project okay? ;)