Friday, May 18, 2007

Absolute Thai Nudle Bar @ Ikano Power Center

It seems like Thai/Siam Fair is everywhere nowadays, not only in KL but in da latest Dataran Pahlawan Mall in Malacca town too! Visited this mall few days ago when I was in Malacca for a business meeting and somehow, this Thai Fair has inspired me to do a write-up on Thai Food. Then, I remember we visited Absolute Thai Nudle Bar @ Ikano Power Center months ago which I've yet to blog. I quickly searched through my folder to look for da pics and I finally found them! :D

We shared a pot of Spicy TomYam Seafood (RM 14) which came in an ancient Chinese hotpot complete with burning sterno to keep da Soup warm..

Da Soup was pretty good, aromatic and flavoursome. Served with plenty of Seafood ingredients, this TomYam definitely has our vote! :D

Darling had da signature dish of Thailand, Fried Rice with Prawn (RM 12.90). Not too good, da Rice were kinda hard, dry and he didn't like it much....

Never had Thai Laksa before, I decided to try it. Priced at RM 15, da White Noodles were served separately from da Laksa gravy. I love da way where I could mix and match da Noodles with vegetables like Beansprouts, Longbeans and etc.

I had lotsa fun playing cooking da Noodles here :D

I would say that da TomYam and Noodles that we had were yummy but not darling's Fried Rice. So overall, still okay... maybe I should come back and try other stuff like da Ducky Noodles which I heard that it's quite famous here.

Other review:

14 comments:

Xiu Long Bao said...

Another thai rest from sea cuisine.
I like the presentation of the laksa. Interesting :)

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, not only interesting.... tasty and fun playing with it ekekekekeke

tankiasu said...

NooOOO...don't tempt me with tom yam. I can't eat spicy food yet! :P

SypruxWindchaser said...

the tom yam from absolute thai nudle bar is nice. absolutely like it. You should try the tom yam at the thai restraunt at usj 11 (Anthuya or something like that). They serve delicious (albeit rather pricy) thai food.

Timothy said...

Wah wah .... Thai season, thai season !!! Seems like I need to find another Thai restaurant to write about too ... join in the bandwagon ! Nice nice food. Looks soooooooo captivating and delicious !

wmw said...

I would go order the thai laksa just to play masak masak! Hee hee...

Kok said...

mei yen,
The tom yum soup seems the best among all the food. It's winter now. I guess I should have a bowl of that to keep me warm. :P

MeiyeN said...

tankiasu, nvm.... i bet one or two weeks from now you surely be able to have spicy & sour food! :D

sypruxwindchaser, oh.... maybe is much better if you could do me a favour by telling bob da builder to bring me there :p

timothy, yeah.... thai fair is everywhere! ooo spicy & sour, my favourite! shall wait for you to check out any good thai rests then :)

wmw, yahyah... it's fun! :D

kok, good idea.... so are you going to cook?

SypruxWindchaser said...

well, shouldnt it be YOUR job to seduce uncle bob into bringing you there? :P
after all, i'm not the object of his affections to be making demands (other than leeching off his cards) ^^

Kok said...

meiyen,
Hmm...I think I'll cook, provided I have some time to spare. haha! Wanna come over for a dinner? haha!:P

Jackson said...

Fuyoohh... i love the thai tom yam seafood with the special steamboat hotpot! Honestly, i kinda like the THAI group pf chain restaurant especailly Good Evening Bangkok @ One Utama..

MeiyeN said...

sypruxwindchaser, O_o seduce?

kok, you gonna buy me da air tics as well? :p

jackson, ooo.. tried good evening bangkok many years ago and it was all good too! :D

SypruxWindchaser said...

yesh. shedush :P *evil cackle*

Kok said...

meiyen,
Cannot lah. Me not yet work. No $ buy you air tixs. You can come for honeymoon with you darling ma. :P