Monday, May 07, 2007

Affordable Western Cuisine @ Salmon Steak, SS15 Subang Jaya

Time sure is flying by and it's Monday again! Was your weekend good? Mine was pretty good though, managed to grab tickets to watch Spiderman 3..... awesome, a must watch movie! ;) Another good news, my favourite football team, Manchester United wins their first English Premiership in four years as Chelsea falters! Glory, glory Manchester United! :D Anyways, I am a little bit upset that my darling has fallen sick considering that da weather nowadays is awful! Well, I've brought him to see a doctor and hope that he gonna get well soon, fingers crossed.

We made our way to Salmon Steak @ SS15 Subang Jaya weeks ago. It has been 7 years since da last time we visited this place and coming back to this area brought back lotsa good old memories over da years when I was still studying at da nearby College. Honestly speaking, I didn't realise how much I actually missed my college life not until I passed by this place and it happens over and over again. Sometimes, I really wish I could turn back time and back to those care-free days where da only pressure was to achieve good results..

Enough of story, back to food.....

That night we started with a big glass of Apple Juice, less than RM 5 per glass, very worthy indeed as it could be shared and drink till you drop!

Mushroom Soup as starter. Believe it or not, this creamy soup is priced at RM 3. It's true enough that their Mushroom Soup is not da best but for that price, I personally think that it's really affordable and quite tasty though :)

For mains, darling went for Grilled Salmon Steak which's priced at RM 13 per plate. Da Salmon Steak, served with French Fries, Coleslaw and Sausage not bad at all! Quite delicious but my other half commented that it was more like a deep-fried version rather than grilled :p

Next up, I had a plate of Mixed Grill. Sorry for da darky photo, I think it looks awful but bear in mind, da Chicken and Lamb that I tasted really not bad at all, tender and juicy but they had over-poured da Black Pepper sauce! Priced at RM 15, it's also served with French Fries, Coleslaw and Sausage. Infact, I think I should had opt for Mashed Potatoes instead since darling wanted da Fries. Nevermind, no big deal!

I believe that this eatery is quite famous for its cheap and affordable Western Cuisine and I remember that I saw a banner stating that they serve really good set lunch at a very reasonable price too. Do check out this place while I can assure you that you definitely won't get bored by looking around those good looking college boys, pretty and sexy college gals ;)

18 comments:

Precious Pea said...

I used to patron this place too during my college year and I never been back to this area since i finished my program there.

Poor Bob, get well soon. Eh? Sick still eat french fries?

Cutie said...

This place is near where I work. hehe... Tried that place once during lunch hour and they have RM5.00set during lunch. So-so only but of course for that kind of price I can't expect much.
Hope Bob will get well soon.. Btw, congrats that MU won.

team BSG said...

ya if can turn da clock back sure V will meet in da college then a new story shall begin. ( its good to dream sometimes )

ya this one good place alright and cheap !

MeiyeN said...

preciouspea, i missed my college life and friends sooooo sooo much! :( oh, bob is feeling better now, thanks for caring and by da way, we had da french fries weeks ago ;)

cutie, hmmm yeah.. they are not da best but cheap and affordable :)

teambsg, oh really? you from da nearby college too? ;)

Desperate Mummy said...

Hi Mei Yen, hope ur darling will get well soon :)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

the good old college days..taylors college..haha thinkin about it..its also been years since i was in college..coming to 5 years d? and yes.. i m a freak..i did college when i was 16

wmw said...

I use to eat here quite often back in 2000/2001. Suddenly stop going...like forgotten. Looks like it's time for a revisit. I like to eat a combo of fried rice and lamb chop!

Kok said...

meiyen,
Your mixed grill came from Africa ah? Sooo dark one? haha!

MeiyeN said...

desperate mummy, yeah hope so.... i think he has fully recovered :)

joe, oooo... so you are a smarty ;)

wmw, hmmm looks like this place has been here for such a long time! infact, such a big transformation now.. there wasn't a pastry cake house next to it back then! oh i saw people ordering da fried rice combo too... very big portion and looked yummy too! :)

kok, muahahahaha... :p they over-poured da sauce!

Timothy said...

Oh yes, I remember this place. I used to hang out here ... many, many, MANY YEARS AGO ! Gosh, I feel old ....

But I agree, they serve cheap western food. Food quality consistency ... I doubt it but then again who cares, right ? It's cheap. It's catered to the students anyway. And those working there are college students too.

Xiu Long Bao said...

Somehow i dun like the food court style western food. They always deep fried the food hor? The salmon steak shud taste better if pan fried.

SypruxWindchaser said...

o_o oo.. you're from taylors... didnt know that. lol xD
And ur a man utd fan too~! Hurrah to that~! TOo bad they didnt make it to the finals of the Champions League :(

team BSG said...

no V were not ! but if can V will head there first thing in the time machine then look for u when u first step in...
the rest will not be history !
Bcoz V will make it current

MeiyeN said...

timothy, looks like many of us used to study here! yeaps... no doubt, cheap and affordable!

xiulongbao, can't really expect much over here cause there's always a price difference compare to highclass western cuisine... of course, it would be much better not to deep-fried da fish ;)

spyruxwindchaser, me not from taylor's :p but near to taylor's though... :p oh yeah, i am a loyal m.u. fan... since i was 14! :D so happy okay that they finally did it after so many years! i watched that ac milan match, so heartbroken! then again, they didn't played well.. bob said that they played like "rubbish" that day... :p let's hope that they gonna make a double celebration.. can't wait for da fa cup finals! :p

MeiyeN said...

teambsg, lol....

SypruxWindchaser said...

rubbish wont be the word i would describe that game. More like Malaysian footballers x)
I bet you're gonna be glued to the telly watching chelsea/man utd match this weekend? :P

near taylors... meaning metro or inti? ^^

MeiyeN said...

spyruxwindchaser, that's even worst than i thought you would say! :p

oh by da way, you can ask bob da builder for an answer! :p

Julian Si said...

Hmm, really didn't enjoy my meal opposite Taylor's today!!

http://juliansi.blogspot.com/2008/04/salmon-steak-delights-taylors-business.html

:-(