Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ex-collegemates Reunion @ Hartz Chicken Buffet, Sunway Pyramid

There was a small reunion with my fellow ex-collegemates at Hartz Chicken Buffet, Sunway Pyramid yesterday night and it was fun, fun, fun! :D Too bad that some of them didn't manage to join us cause of work commitments. Anyways, da main motive for this small reunion was all for our good friend, Ivy who's getting married to Eddie next month and instead of da usual "Red Bomb" that we always receive, "Purple Bomb" were given out this time and if you don't know what it means, "Bomb" here refers to Wedding Invitation Card :p

This place seems to be our (ex-collegemates) favourite spot to hold a gathering so that whoever reaches first can just go ahead to have dinner rather than to wait for everyone's arrival :)

Fried Chicken, Spicy Fried Chicken, Roast Chicken, Chicken Fillet, Fried Chicken's Liver and Gizzard, eat as much as you can just for da price of only RM 17++ per pax!

For all da "Greens" lovers, there's a wonderful Salad Bar with complete dressing...

Feeling bored with all da Chickens? No worries, there's a variety of cooked items like Mashed & Stewed Potatoes, Pastas, Stir-fried Vegetables and etc. :D

There's a Soup corner too, had a few sips of da Creamy Onion Soup and I didn't like it, very weird tastes and gummy O_o!

Desserts, but none ignite my interest and I didn't had any of them... Oh, there's a corner where you can have bottomless Soft Drinks, Coffee and Tea too!

Okay, enough of food! Time for Ivy and her hubby, Eddie (da guy in Blue shirt) give out their "Purple Bomb" :D

Muahahaha.... everyone seemed to be extremely happy receiving her invitation card lol...

Everyone reads words by words what's stated on da invitation card :D

Finished reading, discussion time! Lol.....

Kiat and Poh had a very serious discussion over da Wedding Card! :D

Nice pose, Yeap! :D

My precious mates, always and forever will be! :D

Okay, another shot with my darling along! :D

My precious mates, if you are reading this, just wanna let you guys and gals know that I truly cherish our 8 years of friendship. Love you all, always! *hugz*

15 comments:

Jessie Woo said...

Is hard to find a good friend nowadays and you are such a lucky girl to have a whole bunch of it !! :P

teckiee said...

My friend actually ate 16 pieces of chicken here before. Dont know how he fit them him his stomach.

MeiyeN said...

jessie, very true! although we only meet up once in a while, but da bond that we used to share and those laughter moments that we had before, just so unforgettable... and each time after one gathering, i will miss those good old days alot... really alot and there are times i really wish that i could turn back time and spend those memorable moments with my old friends once again :)

teckiee, O_o oh my god... 16 pieces? 2 for me already very full!

fookiat said...

its not fair.. why don't Ipoh have this kinda chicken buffet?

SypruxWindchaser said...

when will it be your turn to fish out them wedding invites? :P
*and you had better not suggest a chiken/magic get together. i still have nightmares about this buffet >_> the horror! the horror!*

tankiasu said...

Kakaka..used to be one of my fav place to eat. My record there was 12 pieces of chicken (none of them were chicken wings!).

Stopped going there ever since people started behaving like typical Malaysians. Grrr..they just stand around the counter waiting for the chicken to be taken out from the kitchen. Then as soon as the staff placed the chicken down, those rowdy people will take at least 3 or 4 chicken drumsticks and thighs away.

I told myself I would not subject myself to eat with those barbarians. But it has been years back, maybe now its better?

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Hmmm... for all those years that I've been to Pyramid, I've not tried Hartz. Now I know how it looks like inside. :p
Maybe I'll try it some day. Looks good for poultry enthusiasts. :)

MeiyeN said...

fookiat, nvm...you come down to kl ok? or....if not, you can start something like that on your own :D surely good business ;)

sypruxwindchaser, muahahaha.. next year :p and what's da horror all about? tell me, tell me! ;)

tankiasu, wow... 12 pcs, that's alot to me.. :p errr i didn't see any wings or drumsticks there that night... mostly chicken breasts with chicken breasts :| da crowd was okay though.. maybe you should try to go on a weekday :)

obi-kwan, oh yeah... can give it a try cause it's cheap! and see how many pcs of chickens can go into your stomach! :D

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Wolfing down pieces after pieces of chicken reminds me of those Hot Dog eating competitions that they have on Coney Island, NY, that they publicize on TV. And the skinny Japanese dude alwayz wins!!! :p

Xiu Long Bao said...

this brings bck my good old memories :) char siew bao n i used to frequent this place during our schooling days cus i luv making sundaes from dat ice cream machine...last time only priced @ RM13.50 per pax. Now increased price to RM17 oledi?

MeiyeN said...

obi-kwan, oh yeah....now i remember that! i guess 1-2 pcs would be enough for you then since you are so skinny lol...

xiulongbao, not too sure if da sundae machine still around but da price surely different now as compared to last time and also, they've moved from higher floor to da lowest floor... maybe you should re-visit this place once again :D

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

We'll just hav to see what's my personal Hartz record. But right this moment I'm full from my dinner just now. Can't imagine myself eating a single piece of anything now.
Drinks still can. :p
Btw, do they hav ice cream in d dessert section? Cos usually for buffets these days their dessert side has ice cream.

jason said...

Ate here once but that was sooo long time ago (college time I guess). They're still operating huh? :P

Honey Star said...

Hows the chicken? I always imagine that their chicken will be dry and tasteless. Dunnno y never really tempted to try.

MeiyeN said...

obi-kwan, yes.... but i think only one flavour if i am not mistaken :)

jason, oh yes they are! and this place is usually packed with youngsters, you know.. collegeboys and gals! :D

honeystar, da chicken not bad.. quite nice, definitely not dry and tasteless :)