Friday, May 11, 2007

Food Bloggers Gathering @ Sandias Mexican Restaurant, Plaza Damansara

I bet I am probably da last person to blog over da Food Bloggers Gathering which was held in Sandias Mexican Restaurant, Plaza Damansara on da 27th April. Such a great event brought to us by KLue! which was organized by Boo and looks like da next free flow of Martell event would be held in Ninja Jones @ Northpoint, Midvalley. So, anyone of you going?

Free-flow of Martell... great for da alcoholics right? I liked this drink pretty much, heard from my other half that it's called Sky-high and just too bad that my tummy couldn't take hard liquor or else, it would be awesome to have one glass to another :p

I first thought that this mini Martell label (before opening) was a match box and Teckiee mentioned that Nigel thought they were giving out Durex Rise Above..... Condoms! Lol........ Oh, da Chocolate tastes good, liked it! Anyone of you forget to grab home? If yes, I was da culprit cause da greedy me took 3 boxes homes :p Supposedly, I think it belonged to Timothy but.... he didn't seemed to be interested with it, so I grab it home! :p :D

As I reached, I found myself pretty late... so many of them already turned up and I first greeted PreciousPea along with her hubby. Awww... great couple, they look-alike! :D Seconds later, I spotted KampungboyCitygal. Omg... they are so lovely and cute! :D Next, Teckiee and Lianne came to us and say hi, they're really sweet! I saw Jackson minutes later and I said hello to him. He seemed to be so soooo busy taking photos and didn't really talk to me much, he looked really shy! Much later, da pretty XiuLongBao seen above, came and greeted me and she came with her darling, CharSiuBao :D It wasn't my first time meeting up with Boo and FatBoyBakes so I could easily recognise them da minute I saw them. Then came Wmw a very hillarious lady! Let's see, who else? Hmm... yah, how can I forget Babe_kl... a truly beautiful mommy! After all da introducing-ourselves moment, we seated and somehow I realised that seats were quite limited that in da end, darling and I chose to sit with Timothy, Sc with her friend EeChien, LyricalLemongrass and not to forget KennyMah and his pretty partner too! Also, I remember that Jason congratulated us. Omg, he's really tiny and skinny! Jason, you got to eat more!!!!!! :D Oh oh, Cookies-cream was late, she was with her precious darling and she was so disappointed that I couldn't recognise her. So sorry dear, I was abit lost too! Later, I found out that Tummythoz was at da next table sitting with her, Joe, Daryl and Nigel were sitting with FatBoyBakes and Jackson. Silly me told Fatboybakes that I wanted to sit da same table with them and da next thing I know, everybody congratulated us. I remembered Timothy was kinda lost at that time, lol.... Oh by da way, if you wanna learn dancing, give him a call cause he's a Salsa Dancing Instructor! Anyways, thank you all very much, we really appreciate it alot! :D Phew... anyone left out here? Hope not.....

Take a closer look..... Timothy a professional photographer he is, taking da Breads picture, oh so impressive!

Another professional photographer, so serious!


My appetizer came first, a Taquitos Fritos. To me, it was more like a deep-fried "Popiah" and honestly speaking, I didn't like cause it was extremely oily!


Darling's Sopa de Calabaza Con Salsa came next. A creamy Pumpkin Soup to be exact, tasted okay... definitely better than my appetizer.

Wow, I didn't know that my camera can actually capture such a brilliant picture! Thanks to Timothy, using my camera to capture darling's main, Pollo a la Castellana. I remember that darling and Timothy had lotsa fun describing this braised Chicken at that time. More like a Chinese-style Oyster Sauce Chicken I heard :p Really that bad?


Next up, my plate of Pescado a la Veracruzana. A Fishy attempt with Fragrant Rice, rather normal to me though......
I thought da meal was gonna saved by da bell when they served da Postre Helado de Limon, a dessert to be precise. No, again... I didn't quite like it. Maybe it was my first time trying out a Mexican Dessert hence I find da texture pretty weird. Ice-cream? No! Frozen Cream-Cheese? No idea..... :p

Okay, despite da not-so-okay food.... I still had a good laugh with all da beloved food bloggers at that time, hope to meet up with you guys and gals again! It was fun....... :D

12 comments:

Xiu Long Bao said...

oh my...time flies, 2 weeks ago we were chatting n having fun!
So u r going for the 2nd gathering @ Ninja? But i can't make it. How i wish the 1st gathering is @ Ninja...at least the food taste bttr (??)

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, yeah... feel like just happened last night! not too sure whether to go or not... you going?

Tummythoz said...

Yeayea, *in a singsong manner* someone post this later than me. =)
Oh, Fezzaboy & M from Good Food. Good Life were my table companions too. It was almost like a celebrity moment to meet you & your oh so lomantik dahling!

KampungboyCitygal said...

not sure whether we r going to the ninja jones event anot..haha yeah we had fun too!! hehe it is quite stressful for them to prepare food for a big group too

Kev ** said...

Hihi, its such an awesome food bloggie~~ I've been recommended by a fren of mine to view ur page...

Really nice photo quality in taking those food...thumbs up for ya~ In btw, I've my own blog that trying to be food bloggie too...hope to learn something from ya...cheers~

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Nice meeting u and your darling. :-) Again, I have to apologise for being practically deaf...blame it on the loud people around me! hehehe. Hope to see ya around soon. :-)

Jackson said...

Haha! Too bad didnt hv much time chatting wt u the night! We are sitting so far away!!!

MeiyeN said...

tummythoz, haha one day later than you :p ohhhhhhh so fezzaboy da one from Good Food. Good Life!!!! now i know..... must apologise that i was rather shy that night, didn't talk much.. hope to see you again!

citygal, it was really nice meeting you and kgboy that night! both of you....so so soooo adorable! :D

kev, thanks for popping by!!!! ooo.. wondering who's your friend, someone that i know? ;) no worries that you're a newbie.... hope that you gonna enjoy blogging food! :D

lemongrass, no worries! really great to meet you in person, enjoy sitting with you people that night! ;)

jackson, :( yeah..... just too bad!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

im going for the next one!..nice meeting you too..dont worry i am also very shy 1..

Timothy said...

Meiyen .... thank you very much for mentioning my name so many times in your article... haha, people may think I pay you to advertise for me. (just kidding).

Anyway, I really had a good time that night. Now i know ... bloggers are all friendly bunch of people. You and your dahling ... are super nice ! send me regards to him yah...

jason said...

Hiya Mei Yen,

Since I can't post comments due to I'm not a blogspot member, I decided to register one.

Hahah... am I really that skinny??? Maybe you didn't notice my tummy! :p

babe_kl said...

better late than never meiyen ;-) i wont be going to ninja jones this month, schedule is very heavy this month.