Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

This's specially for all da mothers who've sat up all day and night long with toddlers in their arms, especially when they kept crying and wouldn't stop (I was one of them), for all da mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just fine once they got there, only to get calls from the school an hour later asking them to please pick them up (I was one of them). Right away, and they do. For mothers whose children have gone astray, and who can't find the words to reach them. For all da mothers who bite their lips, sometimes until they bleed, when their daughters or sons dye their hair purple, red or green, HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

There is no love, like a mother's love,
no stronger bond on earth...
like the precious bond that comes from God,
to a mother, when she gives birth.

A mother's love is forever strong,
never changing for all time...
and when her children need her most,
a mother's love will shine.

God bless these special mothers,
God bless them every one...
for all the tears and heartache,
and for the special work they've done.

When her days on earth are over,
a mother's love lives on...
through many generations,
with God's blessings on each one.

Be thankful for our mothers,
for they love with a higher love...
from the power God has given,
and the strength from up above.

I believe that our mothers deserve recognition and appreciation year round, especially on Mother's Day. Here's a loving Mother's Day poem specially dedicated to my one and only greatest, wonderful mommy in this world.


To some love is just a word
To me it's a feeling
A feeling I get everytime I look into your eyes
A feeling I get when I realize your my mom
A mom who loves, shares, A mom who inspires
Unconditionally
What's that?
That's love
A mothers love, but only you would know
And me
You returned that love time and time again
Possibly to much, nevertheless you did
Thank-you
Thank-you for being there when I needed you most
For being my rock when I should have been yours
Thank-you for believing in me, even when I doubted myself
For being the one person I could trust
No matter what, no matter where
But most of all thank-you for being you-my mom
A mom I am so proud to claim
I love you
Now and forever

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY, my dearest mommy!

8 comments:

Xiu Long Bao said...

so whereabout for mum's day dinner? Im still scratching my head on mum's pressie.

Jackson said...

wow... how come every girl can express the love to mummy so easily ler... i really shy n dunno how to express my love! What i will do is just bring her for a good dinner.. haha

wmw said...

Happy Mother's Day to your Mom too!

Kok said...

meiyen,
Happy Mother's Day to your mum!:)

ka..t said...

Such a lovely dedication to your mummy! Does she read your blog? You two must be very close. I hope my daughter will some day write something as beautiful to me too! :)

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your story. I am really thankful mine was a harmless one. Hope you are okay now.

jason said...

Jackson: We share the same boat! Happy Mother's Day

Timothy said...

Hai .... my mom's in Sabah. A bit too far to take her out to dinner loh. Have to settle with a phone call to her ....

Happy Momma's Day to all Momma's out there !!!!

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, no dinner but a hi-tea treats for her ;)

jackson, oooo.... i believe that a good dinner will do! best of all, you cook for your mommy! :D

wmw, thanks!

kat, happy belated mother's day to you too! i bet your little daughter will appreciate your kindness as a mom, no worries! oh yeah.. my mom reads my blog provided me or sis on da pc for her ;)

jason, :D

tim, am sure your mom gonna be touched!