Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Azuki Frappuccino @ Starbucks

Have you noticed that Starbucks recently launched their new summer drink? I was so keen to hop over Starbucks when I first saw its advertisement in da magazine and I finally get to try it few days ago...

First of all, we didn't know that Azuki Frappuccino has two types of flavours and we smartly asked for da original flavour (Milk with Red Bean) which tastes like "Ais Kacang" :| That wasn't bad enough okay, I was so pissed with da way they blend this drink for us, not smooth and we could bite da ice okay!!!!!! :( Gonna ban this branch (1 Utama new wing)!!!!!

Then yesterday after dinner, darling thought of giving them a second chance at da Bangsar Village outlet and this time, we were told that there's another flavour which is Coffee with Red Bean. Well, I was O_o cause I was thinking how come earlier at da 1 Utama branch, we were not informed :( Anyways, darling instructed them to blend our drink longer and it turned out to be all good, smooth and I find this flavour so much better than da original flavour :D

If you heart Red Bean, give them a try but make sure that you ask them to blend longer to avoid disappointment :)

9 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hmm coffee and red bean sounds very wrong..although the 1st 1 appeals to me..will ask them to blend longer..just have to find a starbucks now..

wmw said...

Want to try the coffee and red bean, interesting....

Big Boys Oven said...

Hahaahhaha... Malaysian are going crazy with japanese crusine.... and now there are attacking our coffee by inserting azuki(red bean).... oh my my I think they are atacking my oven very soon. help help help meiyin... we are now under attack. Cicak Man where are you?

kath said...

my BF's bro, who's working in starbucks said it's not so nice, when i asked whether it's nice or not.. and i just found out that my BF tried it before too and he didnt like it.... probably he doesnt like red bean to go with his coffee.. anyways, i often hang out in Starbucks Centro Klang =)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Am not a fan of red beans..and coffee with red beans?? Pengsan lah I. lol. But I guess Japanese is the way to go these days, so Starbucks probably knows what it's doing. :-)

Shionge said...

Hey always enjoyed a cuppa but just that sometimes it is way too sweet for me :D

I'll check out if they have this red bean combination here in SG....tks ah!

myCoffee said...

Wanted to review this drink too but you beat me to it, hehe. Despite being a coffee fan, I chose to have the cream version based on the recommendation of the barista who said it was "much nicer" than the coffee one. Er..., wrong choice. I didn't like it. The red bean taste not evident enough and I felt like i was drinking so kind of vanilla flavoured frozen milk shake. Will give the coffee version a try though.

MamaBoK said...

Doubt we will ever have this flavour in canada.. :( bummer..!

MeiyeN said...

joe, that was what my fiance told me too! :D

wmw, let me know if you love this combination yah..

bigboysoven, haha... true enough ;)

lemongrass, sounds cool right.. ekekekeke

shionge, you are most welcome :)

mycoffee, goodness.. that was how i felt too.... da one with coffee tastes much better actually :)

mamabok, awww... so when ya coming back to kl? :)