Monday, June 11, 2007

Deep-fried Sweet Potato Balls @ Petaling Street

Remember that we went to Petaling Street weeks ago? When we were there, we took time to explore da whole place after our lunch at Koon Kei Restaurant and I was very happy when I found this deep-fried Sweet Potato Balls stall that's currently run by this healthy old man. I remember that my parents used to buy lotsa Sweet Potato Balls from here when I was still a kid and I loved them so much back then. After so many years, to be exact.. 20 years later, da Sweet Potato Balls are still as yummy and as crunchy as before, am really amazed! If you are unsure where to find this stall, no worries as it's actually located right opposite Koon Kei Restaurant, very near to da Tang City Food Court. For your information, you only got to pay RM 2 for a bag of this piping hot 10 pcs Sweet Potato Balls. Cheap, cheap!

Are you drooling yet? :D

14 comments:

myCoffee said...

Sweet memories! Loved this snack when I was a kid. Somehow, I haven't had one for the longest time ever. Must go and have some soon.

Jessie Woo said...

I dunno bout you all but i am drooling over here .. my FAVORITE Sweet Potatp Ball !!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

omg..i can pop 10 of those in no time at all!..looks uber yummy man..

MeiyeN said...

mycoffee, do grab it asap yah.. :D

jessie, yummzzzz ;)

joe, definitely not a problem for you cause i managed to have that 10pcs all on my own! :D

kath said...

Hi mei yen, havent been dropping by, been busy.. So how've you been?

Eh by the way, i heart elliott yamin's wait for you!!! do you have it in mp3? if you have can email it to me pls?

KampungboyCitygal said...

evil meiyen..im drooling all over..usually wat we get is some soggy n over sweet type but this one is just nice..i spotted sushi groove too..will try it this weekend

MeiyeN said...

hi kath, i am fine here! what about you? oh am sorry that i don't have it in mp3... :(

citygal, hey welcome back! how's your trip? bet you must had lotsa fun in korea! :D

Xiu Long Bao said...

hmm...y my mum nvr buy for me when i was young leh...nvr tried potato balls before. RM2 for 10 balls is really cheap cheap ;)

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, perhaps your mom may think that... hmmm... pretty unhealthy for you cause it's deep fried! ;)

Rasa Malaysia said...

I love sweet potato balls...I had to make them myself a few months ago.

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Looks oily tho. :p

Kok said...

meiyen,
There are frozen potato balls sold in packet here leh. Something like french fries.

MeiyeN said...

rasamalaysia, awww... me so envy! i don't think i can ever make them on my own though :(

obi-kwan, but.. but... they are delicious! :p

kok, frozen ones?!!!! i bet they won't taste that good?

Honey Star said...

Aiyo, I miss the fan shu tan la!! and the chinese donut too!! :)~~~