Thursday, June 07, 2007

Dinner with Darling's Niece @ Delicious Cafe, Bangsar Village II

I had lotsa fun yesterday night as darling brought her youngest niece a.k.a his "kai lui" to my place. Joey, a smarty and lovely baby gal (3 years old) she's, been asking my other half to bring her out whenever he comes to look for me. Since it's school holiday now, (can you imagine that she actually goes to school? I mean, Kindergarten) we decided to bring her "kai-kai", her favourite words!

We went to Bangsar Village since I needed to buy some fruits from Village Grocer. While on da way, inside da car, she kept singing and talking, my god, so energetic and da most funny part;

Me: Aiyooo... so many cars hor?
Joey: Yah-lah..

and I laugh non-stop cause she said, "Yah-lah" lol.....

Joey: So many cars, cars..... taffic jam-lor..

I was O_o, really! Imagine a 3 year old baby gal telling you, "traffic jam"! lol... and then out of a sudden, she whispered to me, "Jie-jie, cannot say "lah okay?"

Again, I laugh non-stop.. ..
Muahahahahahahaha, and when I stopped laughing...

Joey: Cannot say "lor" also okay?

Aiseh.... I laugh until my tears drop :D

So, we reached and while we were in Village Grocer, Joey asked me lotsa questions especially when she saw something very unusual to her. Coincidently, there were so many Melons and they were all in different shapes and colours. I guess she must be thinking what were all those fruits and she asked one by one, "Jiejie, what's this?" and I had to say tell her one after another. Then, she spotted another look-alike Melon which happened to be a Honeydew and she asked again, "What's this?" and that question kept coming through till I left that place. Seriously, can somebody please tell me how to teach a baby gal like her? I think she now must be thinking how come there are so many types of Melon where all this while, she only eats Watermelon and Rock-melon :) Oh, and am pretty amaze that she actually could answer our questions when we point our finger to fruits like Apple, Orange, Pear, Grape and when she saw Strawberries, she happily ran over and told us, "Strawberry, my favourite, I like it, I like Strawberry!" O_o amazing.....

Dinner was at Delicious Cafe. Apparently, yesterday was actually our first time dining at this outlet as we usually prefer to have our meals at da 1 Utama branch. I didn't really look at da menu cause I was too busy "handling" darling's niece. Boy oh boy, my first time dining with a kid and I tried really hard to understand what she wants. She took da menu, pointing here and there and telling me, "Blue flowers, blue flowers!" Well, I gave up ordering cause I know that she wanted da menu hence I asked darling to decide for me what to eat. I guess she must be very amazed with da White in color menu with Blue Flowers Motifs all over. Later, she got bored with da menu, put it aside and grabbed da Sugar packets on da table, shake here and there, laugh and laugh and laugh... :D

Joey and me, she's so adorable... definitely apple of my eye :)

We started with French Onion Soup with melting Cheese Crostini. We find this classic Onion broth smothered with Cheese pretty yummy, cheesy and best of all, it was served piping hot! Too bad, Joey didn't like it though...

Darling ordered Duck Confit Cassoulet with Sausages for me. Da Ducky, very tender with da amazing Cassoulet (a rich and slow-cooked bean stew) simply has my vote. However, I didn't really get to enjoy my main as I need to feed Joey and when da whole thing went cold, honestly speaking, it didn't tastes too good anymore :(

While I had Ducky, darling had Fish. He ordered Pan-seared Crispy Skin Salmon for himself. As I could see, it was served with Asparagus and Fried Potatoes. I didn't really get to ask my other half how good or how bad was his main but somehow.....

Darling's precious niece gave a thumb da moment she had a bite on da Fish and she said, "Yummy, very good!" and later on, she asked for more! :D

As da bill came, I was shocked when darling told me our dinner costs more than RM 100! O_o I find it a bit over-priced though when I found out they charge so high for a main course. RM 36.90++ each for da above mains O_o after all, this's not a fine dining place also! :(

Other review at this outlet:-

20 comments:

Jessie Woo said...

Aww.. issit nit sweet so u n bob faster "add oil" lor yeah ..

Wey wey i must say ur skill in taking the foods picture is getting better and better .. *Thumbs Up*

tankiasu said...

Aww...so cute! She acts like an adult oredi. :D

Cutie said...

Oooh, someone is learning how to be a mummy. So what's the feeling like? hehe... Faster have one ler...

myCoffee said...

What a cute little girl! Kids nowadays are really so much smarter.
Anyway, I heard that the new Delicious in BVII is supposedly to be pricier with their new menu that features more "fine-dining" items.

MeiyeN said...

jessie, not da right time to add oil yet :p and thanks for your lovely compliment! :D

tankiasu, exactly! :D

cutie, haha not yet, not yet! just that i really love kids :) there are so much of laughter when da babies around.. sometimes, they really do things unexpectedly, like an adult! :D

mycoffee, very true! i remember i started my kindergarten when i was 6 years old and nowadays kids attend classes as early as 3 years old! O_o

and you mean, this Delicious outlet serves fine dining items huh? that i didn't know.. no wonder da price so "sky-high"! :(

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

cute kid!..yeah kids at that age luv to ask questions..ask you till the verge of bursting..but they are so cute you cant really scold..the food is pretty pricey..i also paid almost 100ish for 2 persons sommore!

babe_kl said...

LOL kids say the darnest thing!

so now you understand how mah farn is to bring kids to dine out hehehe... cant eat in peace cos the daddy will be bz makan while the mummy bz fussing over them LOL

Honey Star said...

Delicious is not cheap. Getting very expensive. Makan there with my sis, one main course, one salad and two drinks about RM80!!! :|

Kok said...

meiyen,
your darling's niece is cute! haha! Funny when she talked to you that way. :P

Aiyo, 3 year old kid won't like onion soup ler. You give her corn soup, I think she'll like it more. ;)

Big Boys Oven said...

I was there at one weekend, was so packed tht we decided to go to the other one at One Utama.

wmw said...

Food looks good, I still haven't fully explore the menu there.

Baby Princess said...

if i happened to bump into you, i would think that is your daughter. heheheh!!


when there are kids around, you won't have so much time concentrate eating dee. you have to take care of them.

my 4-year-old nephew has a lot of question too.. but as they grow up, the questions are not that "frequent" anymore.

MeiyeN said...

joe, ooo looks like you've lotsa experiences with kids yeah? ekekekeke.. and i just think that it's not da right environment for them to charge that way although they are delicious cause after all, they are still located inside a mall and not a stand-alone cafe!

babe-kl, yeaps.. fully understand! omg, think of it.. i better enjoy my life to da fullest now before i get married! :D

honeystar, yes... yes!!!! eat till our "tooth-pain", really! :(

kok, oh yes.. she's a very lovely babygal! and when i says she's a baby, she said, "you are silly, i am not a baby! i am a big gal" muahahahahahahaa :D

bigboysoven, yeah.. when i was there, da whole place was fully occupied and that i find their services were not too good, i guess not enough staff!

wmw, definitely looks good but expensive! after all, it's just a cafe in a shopping mall.. not even a restaurant :(

babyprincess, haha... more like my fiance's daughter cause they look alike though :D and i got to agree with you, really can't enjoy da food no matter how yummy it's :(

Xiu Long Bao said...

Is she the one from melbourne? Really amazed by how she acted...somemore she posed for u to take pix...haha...i wondered wat i was doing when i was 3...hmm

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, oh... da melbourne one is phoebe! and i am surprised you remember her ekekekeke... yah, she's so good in posing muahahahaha so cute! most probably, we were busy drinking milk and sleeping at that time :p

boo_licious said...

So cute and it is so good she enjoyed herself. Heard that Delicious plans to open a fine dining place so maybe these dishes are a prelude to the place.

Precious Pea said...

SOOOO adorable. Hahaha...time to practice being a mummy hor?

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

cute kid. ^_^

MeiyeN said...

boo, i see... so, this place is for genuine pigs lol :p

preciouspea, me not capable... really not capable but i love hanging out with kids.. cause they just make me so happy! :D

obi-kwan, yeah... and stay quite near to you too! :p

MamaBoK said...

You are gonna be a good mummy .. MY..!