Thursday, June 14, 2007

Great & Affordable Mamak Food @ Sri Murni, Ss2

One of da weekend when sis was craving for some "Roti" and while my parents were away attending friend's wedding dinner, we decided to have a simple and great mamak food at Sri Murni. Located at Ss2, I bet I need not introduce much over this place as it's so famous and popular among da PJ, Damansara residents and not only that, this place attracts people from all over, as far as Cheras, KL and also Subang Jaya :D

That night, sis was with us and she ordered Mango Blend (I think they refer this as Mango Special) for herself. I tried and.... "Oh, so Mango!" What an invigorating frozen blend of juicy sweet Mango with a touch of Summer, yummzzz!

Darling and I shared a big glass of Watermelon Juice. Whoaaa..... extremely sweet but smelled very fresh though! I hope they didn't add extra Sugars into our drink ;)

Darling had a plate of Mixed Rice. He had it with some Potato Curry, Grilled Chicken and some "Sayur", that looks like "Kangkong" to me :D Well, he didn't say much over his plate of rice, "Standard" was what he said.....

I recommend sis to try "Roti" Hawaii as I find it pretty yummy when I had it almost a year back. Da greedy me took 1/4 portion from her "Roti" and it tastes as good as before! Lotsa minced Meat, lotsa Sausages and with da Mayonnaise topping, you just can't go wrong with it :D

I wanted something different, hence I ordered a plate of Singapore Fried "Bee Hoon". I like da way they cook it in Tom Yam style, good tastes but da "Bee Hoon" were too wet and sticky :( I prefer to have it dry...

Darling was kind enough to order extra "Roti" for me knowing that I wasn't too satisfy :D It was a "Roti" Salad and I find it really cool! Yeaps, my first time having this kind of "Roti" and I like it! Quite similar to "Roti" Hawaii and da only difference is that they use da normal "Roti Prata" to wrap da filling while da "Roti" Hawaii isn't. Absolutely yummy, am loving it! :D

Believe it or not, we paid less than RM 25 for da above food. This's a place where you can find Western, Chinese, Indian and Malay food all under one roof and best of all, they are really affordable. No wonder this place is forever packed with people especially late at night ;)

Check out my last visit to Sri Murni here...

Other reviews:-

21 comments:

Tummythoz said...

Unbelievable but true. I've never been there. *shy*
A friend mentioned before that he noticed they have very small kitchen space. Hmm.. wonder how they produce so many variety of dishes.

Big Boys Oven said...

meiyen: why is this place so special and so many people? It still can't make any sense to me. Why? People willing to sit a mile long along away from the shop, just to dine there. Hmmm....

kath said...

hi, mei yen, am really good here. mmmmm~ yeah i like the roti hawaii too, and calypot loh shu fun also not bad.. but i tried the pasta here before, so-so only.. only thing good is that the protion is big..

by the way, any of you know where got nice nasi goreng usa???

~Christine~Leng said...

sounded and looked tempting! I really love ur blog! btw.. do they have Mango Lassi there? I've tried it in 'Tetra House' located in Klang. absolutely superb!

and the Roti Hawaii depicted.. special!

Shirley Khor said...

Those pictures look so tempting. I suddenly miss Malaysian food >.<

I want! U know...The last time I had a piece of plain roti naan with some curry, which cost me AUS$8.90! But it was very nice though...Arrghh~Im hungry now

MeiyeN said...

tummythoz, aiseh.... nvm, try to speed up and make a stop here.. they've claypot "loushoofarn" but i never tried before.. heard it's pretty good! :D

bigboysoven, cheap.. affordable and they've all kinds of "roti", "nasi", noodles, western style.. almost everything! :D

kath, ooo saw people ordering pasta! and yes, very big portion.. think need 2 persons to finish it ;)

hi christine, it's really nice for you to drop by my blog! :D thanks... not too sure if they've mango lassi but one thing, whatever that you wants, they will try to make it for you! :D

MeiyeN said...

shirley, wow... so expensive! guess we are really lucky staying here huh.. well, for FOOD only :p

Obi-Kwan Kenobi said...

Have you tried Williams near Lim Kok Wing PJ?

wmw said...

I guess it packed with loads of customers as there are a lot of students staying nearby. Wide variety of food and more than reasonable prices keeps them coming back for more. I like to go there but the crowd there sometimes keep me away when I'm not in the mood! :o)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i also..havent been here! haha and i stay in cheras btw hehe..the roti hawaii and the roti salad does look something more unique abit of fusion between mamak and western..haha..well if i ever drop by i will remember hawaii

team BSG said...

this place is Xtra super famous more so becoz one bsg works right beside it ! ( tho V dun think too much of da dishes.)

MeiyeN said...

obi-kwan, yeaps.... uncle bob brought me there 3 years ago... heard same owner right?

wmw, yeah exactly! should not come here on weekends... too crowded, weekdays would be good!;)

joe, come late at night if you wish to join da crowd! lol...

teambsg, oh really?!!! O_o that shop selling electric goods?

Precious Pea said...

I only been there twice for the naan. Unbelievable crowd there everynight...so good business. Somehow because of the crowd, i never tot of going back anymore.

MeiyeN said...

true enough, this place is superbly crowded.... and even i tried so hard to persuade my parents come here for a meal, they refused cause of da crowd :|

Xiu Long Bao said...

oohoo...i still havent made my way there! wat bout the lou shue fun? I heard dat it is superb. The best rat tail nudles in town!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

This place is always sooo crowded that I've never had the patience to queue up for a table!

Kenny Mah said...

Until recently, I used to stay at SS2, and trust me, even in the wee hours of night, the place is packed!

But in an entire year, I've only been there twice... guess it's one of those places one thinks is always nearby and can always drop by ma... Not anymore, sniffs! :P

MeiyeN said...

xiulongbao, i heard da same but never tried before....next time k, i let you know! or maybe you visit 1st and let me know how good it's :D

lemongrass, maybe you can try to sit inside da rest itself and not outside... easier to find an empty space inside :)

kenny, heard that sometimes they open till 5am!!!!!!

teckiee said...

I love their daging special.. looks a lot like murtabak. My friends like their chicken chop and claypot lou shi fun too. One thing i dont like is the "always no seats" and "boss tak mau kira ah? saya balik ah ok?"

MeiyeN said...

teckiee, wow daging special... interesting! will definitely keep that in mind ;) couldn't agree more with you.... they are always so busy that they don't have da time to "kira"...

team BSG said...

alamak u miss by one shop...!